Granger + 10 for Harris + 3?

I like this deal if the Nets are sure they are getting some bigs names in FA.

That's what I was thinking. If the Nets do this trade, they must have heard some borderline-guarantee from a big name free agent about signing there.

It's a bad trade for NJ because they give up the #3. If it was Granger for Harris/Yi straight up, then it'd be a wash IMO. But giving up the chance to get Turner/Favors/Cousins/Johnson...eh.

• Owner

It's a bad trade for NJ because they give up the #3. If it was Granger for Harris/Yi straight up, then it'd be a wash IMO. But giving up the chance to get Turner/Favors/Cousins/Johnson...eh.

That's exactly my problem with it. That #3 is anyone but Wall and Turner.

Hell, the only guarantee is Wall at #1. I wonder how the Nets would feel if the Sixers ended up dealing Brand and drafting Favors with the second pick, then watching the Pacers take Turner at three.

Granger has proved that he's one of the best players in the league but I'm still iffy on this trade. There is still a lot of talent at #10 and that player can pan out to be even better who knows, but its a 50-50 trade, if we do it, I'll be happy, if we dont, I'll be happy.

I'm 95% sure Harris won't get traded, especailly for someone who we could easily draft in Wesley Johnson.

It's not exactly easy to find a 25PPG player on solid shooting percentages across the board like Granger is in the draft. I agree it'd be best to just stick with the #3 pick (unless you can get a Chris Paul type talent via trade), but in all likelihood the Nets won't be getting a player the caliber of Granger in the draft.