Blazers Fire GM Kevin Pritchard

:glasses:

Does this serve any purpose to the thread?

Anyway, sad to see. They have assembled a young team that I think will be competitive for quite a long time. If all their players can stay healthy this coming year I see no reason why they shouldn't make the playoffs. One of the (if not THE) top young teams in the league.

The main problem with Pritchard is that, according to reports, he's an arrogant blowhard who toots his own horn. The Blazers had enough and sent multiple warnings to him. He never changed. They were thinking of firing him months ago, but waited until after the season.

• Owner

That was the backhand they gave him, though...firing him ON draft day, but forcing him to actually participate tonight, and help select those draft picks.

"Hey Pritch...you're going to be fired tonight, but first, you're going to improve our team as much as possible through the 2010 draft."

They should have at least fired him AFTER the draft...I am surprised he didn't try to screw the team up after getting fired but instead, pulled off a good trade to land Babbitt and Gomes.