Thunder Trade Eric Bledsoe

The Thunder have drafted Eric Bledsoe for the Clippers and will receive a future first round pick in return.

not just a 1st arounder...

#Thunder get a "heavily" protected future first-round pick from #Clippers for Bledsoe, source says. #DRAFT10

thunder scored big time on this trade its pretty likley LAC will be a lottery team. what was the stat they kept saying since 1986 they have been in the lottery 26 times?,

is it too early to be looking at the 2011 draft? :P

Umm, I doubt the Clippers are in the lottery the next few years. They now have a pretty good young nucleus. Gordon, Griffin, Warren, Amini, Bledsoe. And still some established players like Davis, and Kaman. Not to mention, they could possibly end up with a really good free agent, maybe even Lebron.

I dont know much about Bledsoe but I doubt the Clippers will be in the lottery again. Of course they will probably find their way there because they are the Clippers, but theres reason to believe they wont be.

Edited by kingfish

Umm, I doubt the Clippers are in the lottery the next few years. They now have a pretty good young nucleus. Gordon, Griffin, Warren, Amini, Bledsoe. And still some established players like Davis, and Kaman. Not to mention, they could possibly end up with a really good free agent, maybe even Lebron.

I dont know much about Bledsoe but I doubt the Clippers will be in the lottery again. Of course they will probably find their way there because they are the Clippers, but theres reason to believe they wont be.

It's the Western Conference. We have no idea how Griffin will be coming back from a full year off (not to mention he's never played a second in the NBA), we don't know how any of their young players will progress, we don't know if Davis will continue his piss-poor play and continued decline...there's too many if's IMO to think the Clips won't be a lottery team for at least another season.

That is, unless they make a few big moves and sign a big-name FA. I highly, highly doubt that will happen, but it's possible. But it's the Clippers, so that possibility is extra-slim.

Heavily-protected...meaning, it won't be worth much for a few years.

way to shoot down my excitement.

the west is tough there is too many good teams and the LAC havnt proven anything to me that they can be a seed in the west, they look nice on paper sure, on the court not so much

EDIT: oh i got it mixed up i thought it was a unprotected pick

Edited by MoeRoadKill

Guessing the probably won't end up getting to use the pick for a couple years and by that point anything could happen. I think its good business if you don't have any holes you felt you could fill at that point in the draft to grab a future asset, it can always be useful.

It will probably be top 20 protected for a year or two, then it will be lottery protected for at least 3 years, then go down to top 10 protected for a year, then top 5 for a year and then unprotected in like 2017 or something.

I would imagine it would be like the Knicks pick that Utah received this year. Wasn't the original transaction involving that pick made in 2004 or 2003?

If the Clippers continue to build their team the way that they have been lately, I don't think they will be making picks in the top 8 every year. They have a nice core of young players right now and will be adding two lottery picks to their roster next season (or do they get the T'Wolves unprotected pick in 2012?).

Then again, it is the Clippers and so much can happen from now until the point in time when that draft pick becomes unprotected. The Clippers could be the worst team in the league again by that point in time, or they could be contending for a top 5 seed in the West. It is literally impossible to tell.

Considering it is the Clippers though, you have to think OKC made the right choice. Odds are they will get a pretty good pick out of this, haha.

Regardless of what the pick turns into, I think both teams did well. The Clippers get a guy that may have been a top 10 pick if John Wall goes anywhere else, and it John stays in college all of a sudden Bledsoe is the #1 PG in the draft and might go top 5.

That said, OKC has Westbrook, and a young backup in Maynor, so he wasn't needed and was the best value.

It will probably be top 20 protected for a year or two, then it will be lottery protected for at least 3 years, then go down to top 10 protected for a year, then top 5 for a year and then unprotected in like 2017 or something.

I would imagine it would be like the Knicks pick that Utah received this year. Wasn't the original transaction involving that pick made in 2004 or 2003?

If the Clippers continue to build their team the way that they have been lately, I don't think they will be making picks in the top 8 every year. They have a nice core of young players right now and will be adding two lottery picks to their roster next season (or do they get the T'Wolves unprotected pick in 2012?).

Then again, it is the Clippers and so much can happen from now until the point in time when that draft pick becomes unprotected. The Clippers could be the worst team in the league again by that point in time, or they could be contending for a top 5 seed in the West. It is literally impossible to tell.

Considering it is the Clippers though, you have to think OKC made the right choice. Odds are they will get a pretty good pick out of this, haha.

BFT, that's nothing. I'm starting to work on my 2007 Draft review, and the 22nd pick of the 2nd round was protected for 10 years after it was traded in the deal that brought Chris Dudley to the Knicks in 1997. That's crazy!