Adrian Peterson Or Calvin Johnson

Alright, on the 49er's message board, they were havving a discussion about which player was a better prospect coming out of college, Calvin Johnson or Michael Crabtree, and the unanimous answer was Calvin Johnson.

However, one person brought up a good question about Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson.

Would you rather have the once in a life-time freak of nature WR that is bound to set some records, or choose the RB, where very good players at his position can be found in later rounds of the draft?

I know how good Adrian Peterson is, but Calvin Johnson is a freak, and to have a stud like him at WR is more important than having a stud at RB, where there will be quite a few players putting up numbers close to him,

I would personally take Calvin Johnson because I think that he will be more of a game-changer than any player in the NFL in the next few years.

Peterson is a top 3 player. Johnson is (arguably) a top 3 receiver. Give me Adrian.

I understand the question you're posing (elite RB or elite WR), but my answer stands. It's simply easier for a running back to impact his offense and change a game as opposed to a receiver.

Could have not said it better my self.

I'm generally anti-AD, but even I'd take Adrian Peterson in this case. A freak RB that can pretty much mow down any defense that comes at him is much more valuable than a high tier athletic WR.

I'll take AP as well, injuries have been the only thing that have held this guy back; if he can avoid that he'll be one of the greatest backs of all time. Calvin is a top 5 WR, comparing him to a player like AP is unfair who is arguably one of the best players in the league (in terms of impact).

Edited by Confidence

Don't overlook the question. Calvin was one of the biggest prospects in recent history. So much that the Lions actually couldn't snap their streak of consecutive WR's taken. Peterson was coming of an injury and had a lot of questions about him because he ran up right and was fumble prone. The answer is Calvin.

Just ignore this i prolly misread the first post lol

Edited by Fish7718

Yes, Adrian Peterson is a "Top 2" RR along with L.T. whether or not people want to admit it.

However, there are a good amount of RB's that will put up similar numbers to Adrian Peterson, but in the FUTURE, I do not think that anyone will be able to match Calvin Johnson's numbers.

BTW, L.T. will out rush Adrian Peterson this season.

Yes, Adrian Peterson is a "Top 2" RR along with L.T. whether or not people want to admit it.

I don't know about Tomlinson being second to Peterson, he's regressed a bit. I like Portis better as the #2, but the jury's out on LT for now.

However, there are a good amount of RB's that will put up similar numbers to Adrian Peterson, but in the FUTURE, I do not think that anyone will be able to match Calvin Johnson's numbers.

The only number of Johnson's that Peterson will never be able to match is the number of losses in one season.

BTW, L.T. will out rush Adrian Peterson this season.

Barring an injury to AD, that's probably not going to happen.

I don't know about Tomlinson being second to Peterson, he's regressed a bit. I like Portis better as the #2, but the jury's out on LT for now.

The only number of Johnson's that Peterson will never be able to match is the number of losses in one season.

Barring an injury to AD, that's probably not going to happen.

No, Adrian Peterson is 2nd to L.T., not the other way around.

Lame comment.

It will happen, and then you will make excuses as usual, or you will ignore the facts, just like you ignore in the "Tom Brady Or Peyton Manning" thread.

• 2 years later...