Al Jefferson requests trade from Wolves

• Owner
Al Jefferson of the Minnesota Timberwolves has requested a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Wolves tried to move Al leading up to the NBA Draft. Two teams that have shown serious interest include the Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls.

Read more: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647

• Owner

If they move him the team probably gonna suck for awhile

I'm going to go a different route and say moving him will be best for the team.

There's really no telling who they can get (Chicago could deal Deng to the Wolves), but the bigger picture is that Wesley Johnson will be running the show in Minnesota, not Al Jefferson.

Maybe that's why Jefferson wants out...which is funny. Does he really think he's a legit franchise player?

C - Darko Milicic

PF - Kevin Love

SF - Wesley Johnson

SG - Corey Brewer

PG - Jonny Flynn

A year later, they will more than likely have Ricky Rubio.

Good. This will be beneficial to both Big Al and the Wolves as Big Al has been struggling to fit in the triangle offense and it is best to send him to another team when he still has value.

lol at him requesting a trade

he was already being shopped regardless, just trying to make it seem that hes leaving on his terms now

hope the wolves can get some good young pieces for him, im a big fan of his play

The Wolves really don't even need him anymore, with a nice future big three/four in Love-Wes-Brewer-Rubio, they could just get some nice youth in return and build some depth. I'd rather have a decent team with alot of depth than a slightly more than decent team with a weak bench. Not to mention, Jefferson just hasn't been succeeding in Minnesota like they had planned.

Edited by Got Favors?

Hoopsworld.. Meh.

I'm pretty sure the Wolves have been shopping him around, any ways. Plus, Jefferson does not fit with what Rambis is trying to do, which is the triangle. Heck, if the Wolves get David Lee, Love could come off the bench.

Flynn

Brewer

Johnson

Lee

Milicic

Not bad.

• Owner

If the Wolves get Lee, they would need to start him at the five. He's not a power forward...don't know why, exactly, but he just seems to play better at center (and I'm sure statistics would prove it). Also a better defender at the five, although he's still horrible.

Darko could just sit and sulk. He's not a legit starter to begin with.

If the Wolves get Lee, they would need to start him at the five. He's not a power forward...don't know why, exactly, but he just seems to play better at center (and I'm sure statistics would prove it). Also a better defender at the five, although he's still horrible.

He is a power forward...he gets DOMINATED defensively at the 5. He's better offensively at Center because he is a mismatch in the PnR (seriously as good as any big man in the PnR), but defensively he provides no pressure against players in the post and lets players easily back him down. He is talented enough of a scorer to adjust at PF and still make a big impact.

• Owner

He is a power forward...he gets DOMINATED defensively at the 5. He's better offensively at Center because he is a mismatch in the PnR (seriously as good as any big man in the PnR), but defensively he provides no pressure against players in the post and lets players easily back him down. He is talented enough of a scorer to adjust at PF and still make a big impact.

Haha, would you believe me if I told you I meant to say he wasn't a good defensive center? :lol: Because I really did mean to say he was better at the four, on defense.

I was looking at his numbers on 82games earlier...definitely not the "end all" in a debate, but yeah...

That's weird. I don't know how it will work with Darko coming back, assuming Lee does sign with the Wolves.

Darko said he would rejoin the Wolves if he's able to start or get about 30 minutes per game.

He's a piece of crap. He wants 30MPG. Ha! He could go play in a Kid's league that's where he'll get those minutes.

So, he's been a GM for one year and people are calling him a terrible or the worst GM in the NBA? :lol: Oh my God..

I understand that some of his moves were stupid and I believe they were, but people are jumping on to the wagon of hatred. Wait and see before calling him a terrible or the worst GM.

Edited by Lone Wolf

No.

No good? I figured that it would be a decent return, Jefferson wants out, and Lee outplays him anyway to be honest. Chandler is a very versatile 3, maybe we throw in a pick to get Rubio?

I just still have a huge man crush on Little Ricky. He'd be perfect in a D'Antoni offense.