Trail Blazers will continue to pursue Chris Paul

Trail Blazers will continue to pursue Chris Paul

-------------------------

"Building off the info below, ESPN's Chad Ford writes:

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets can offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.

--

ESPN.com's Chad Ford is talking free agency today but took a moment to describe the Trail Blazers' big deal that nearly was last week:

The Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would've sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to NO for Paul before Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal saying that their owner wasn't ready to trade Paul. The trade they made on draft night got them out of the luxury tax, so that's no longer the issue. The issue is whether Paul is no unhappy enough to force a trade. Personally I think the Hornets can do better than that for Paul, but it's a viable deal."

---

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2010/07/ford_trail_blazers_were_close.html

Monty Williams to help Portland get him?

The Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would've sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to NO for Paul before Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal saying that their owner wasn't ready to trade Paul.

I don't think the Hornets will get a better trade offer than this, personally thinking. Hopefully Bower won't regret it like Philly did when they missed out on the chance to trade AI at draft night for better players than Andre Miller and Joe Smith.

I don't think the Hornets will get a better trade offer than this, personally thinking. Hopefully Bower won't regret it like Philly did when they missed out on the chance to trade AI at draft night for better players than Andre Miller and Joe Smith.

lol, Andre Miller was a GREAT PG for the Sixers, the only reason they were competitive in the playoffs two years ago...

And if the Devin Harris + Favors rumors were true I'd prefer that deal.

Miller sucks, if your PG cannot shoot and isn't quick then he is pretty much useless in this day and age.

Yeah, averaging 14 and 5 when your splitting time at PG sucks...along with the fact

I just find it a coincidence that whatever teams he goes to is at least moderately successful, ever think its because of him?

Yeah, Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo (names at the top of my head) are useless. And if you're saying Andre Miller isn't quick anymore, you obviously don't watch much of him at all - just ask Nash and Dragon in the playoffs this year. :lol: He is one of the best slashing PG's in the game, along with being one of the most underrated distributors.

Miller isn't quick, but he is really crafty. He also posts up a lot and uses his size to advantage.

Crafty yes, but to say he isn't quick is a bit ridiculous. Let's not forget, this is the guy who tore up Nash (well, that's not a big deal) and Dragic during that series and had the ability to take over games. In fact, I wouldn't think it's a stretch to say he was the best PG in that series. He isn't very tall either, he has a broad body but I didn't see him post up at all in the series against the Suns.

He is serviceable, but he isn't good. Miller has never been a 'great' PG, he has been solid at best, there is a reason he has never been the PG on a top team and he can hardly even utilize the pick and roll because of his lack of a jumper. At this point in his career especially, he is pretty much a role player. He has 2 years left in the league and doesn't address any of the Hornets needs if they deal CP3 (youth obviously).

He is serviceable, but he isn't good. Miller has never been a 'great' PG, he has been solid at best, there is a reason he has never been the PG on a top team and he can hardly even utilize the pick and roll because of his lack of a jumper. At this point in his career especially, he is pretty much a role player. He has 2 years left in the league and doesn't address any of the Hornets needs if they deal CP3 (youth obviously).

Thankfully, the Hornets wouldn't be acquiring him for his play (though he could be very useful as the first guy off the bench) but rather his contract. Collison seems like the man in NO which makes me wonder why the Hornets would want to acquire Bayless too unless they plan to turn around and trade him.

Such a waste in Portland.

If only you watched him play as much Blazers fan would, you would know that he constantly looks lost on the court, is very inconsistent with the ball whether it be shooting or dishing. I cringe when he shoots the ball. I don't cringe at all when Miller shoots the ball. He is quicker than most people give him credit for, he is crafty, and is one of the stronger guards in the league. Bayless...eh, he definitely needs to step up his game.