The Official NBA Elite 11 Thread

Sun Tzu

EA really tries too hard... those videos look okay, but 2K never has that suck and pull problem when you're driving, or trying to back down a defender. I remember Live games notorious for that, always draw you out of bounds. And I always thought shooting was about timing. This new shot thing looks very confusing and if you're in the middle of a game do you really want to concentrate more on pinpointing your shot each time or just paying attention to the game...

2k doesnt try at all. Its just drive and dunks, absolutely ZERO defense in 2k.

If you wanted to shoot 100 % in a full length game all you have to do is call iso with Kobe (or any dunker) at the top and do a dribble move for an easy dunk and if you dont believe me get your [expletive] on xbox live and ill show you. Dont even have to worry about help defense in 2k.

If you wanted to shoot 100 % in a full length game all you have to do is call iso with Kobe (or any dunker) at the top and do a dribble move for an easy dunk and if you dont believe me get your [expletive] on xbox live and ill show you. Dont even have to worry about help defense in 2k.

you dont change the sliders then u probably leave them all on 50 that or u play it on pro or rookie :lol:

and im pretty sure at when 2k10 came out people complained about the defense being to good/hard so they made it easier.

doesnt 20k10 already have this? i thought it you moved the shooting stick like more left the ball tends to go that way?

but i do like the dribbling moves etc. EA always show off there stuff and 2k keep it quite

Edited by MoeRoadKill

Agreed, I gave up on 2k just for that reason. I recall in 2k9? when some guy went 32/35 with Rudy Gay, just dunking all game. I also played 2k10 online at a friend's house and this dude online just did layups all game.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

you dont change the sliders then u probably leave them all on 50 that or u play it on pro or rookie :lol:

and im pretty sure at when 2k10 came out people complained about the defense being to good/hard so they made it easier.

doesnt 20k10 already have this? i thought it you moved the shooting stick like more left the ball tends to go that way?

but i do like the dribbling moves etc. EA always show off there stuff and 2k keep it quite

Lmao. I just finished a season on association on hall of fame difficulty, or whatever the highest difficulty is. Went 29-0 and then swept the playoffs, it was a serpentine fantasy draft association as well so I didnt get all superstars. Average margin of victory was like 15 only reason it wasnt higher is because I decided to dick around and take some jumpers for the hell of it. 2k10 is way too easy against the CPU. Online gameplay is 10x worse, with all the douchebags full court pressing you and spamming the steal button.

2k10 feels fantastic and the moves and shots and animations are solid. the gameplay is weak. Most unrealistic basketball game ive ever PLAYED. Not the most unrealistic looking game, the most unrealistic game in general. Live will always be 10x better in gameplay, its just that they lack the graphics.

lol I think kingfish was like in the top 50 in the world for 2k10

lol I think kingfish was like in the top 50 in the world for 2k10

Actually it was live 09 and I was top 10 ;)

But I wasnt too shabby on 2k10. Was like top 200 before they erased everything.

Edited by kingfish

lol well im not that big of a nerd u must play it a hell of a lot. but do u play properly? or use kobe and iso from top of the arch?

people complain about the game yet they look for the bugs or find out how to abuse it. try running some plays turn the sliders way down. im pretty sure u can download them off the 2k shares so its not hard to do the gameplay is good if you play decent

I played a NBA Live 10 demo yesterday out of boredom and I shot a pullup jumper with Fisher on two straight possessions. 2k10 would laugh in my face for doing that at least

Lol thats cause that game is built so you can dunk with the king LBJ!

2k is much better than live so far. Unfortunately, there will always be ways to cheese in a video game, but at least 2k has made it harder and harder to with each game.

I remember 2K6 was a total dunkathon, but now 2k10 has toned it down to lead passes and automatic layups with big men instead.

With adjusted sliders though, most of that goes away. If you put hands at 0, dunking in traffic at 5, on ball D at 90, and shotblocking at 65. Without even adjusting the shooting, it has already become much harder to waltz your way to the rim, and you are forced to find other means to create baskets.

In the OTR league I'm starting I will ad adjusted sliders.

• 1 month later...

I don't see anything wrong with Boozer dunking from the free throw line. :lol:

Seriously though, the presentation looks nice (the ESPN scoreboard especially), but the gameplay is definitely not anywhere near 2K.