2010 All-Star Starters/Reserves Announced

Cobb

Using a simple reverse scale (16 points for facing the #1 NL offense, 1 point for facing the #16... 14 points for facing the #1 AL offense, 1 point for facing the #14), Pettitte's average opponent has been 8.56 points, and Weaver's 7.18.

Pettitte has faced a tougher game by game opponent, but like I said, Weaver deserves on the team. You just can't downplay the effect of playing in the best offensive division in the game.

Interesting, not sure how much of a difference that is though...:lol: never seen that stat before

IMO both deserve it and hughes shouldn't be there...but the players voted hughes in

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol @ people still trying to justify all these bs selections over Weaver. Your ranking system is bs btw. I dont care where he plays numbers are numbers, and you cant use the division as an excuse because Weaver and Pettite both faced Tampa Bay, and Pettite only faced Boston once. If the strength of schedule crap really meant anything I could go and find guys on the AL team that have had an easier schedule then Weaver just based on the numbers alone. Thats a pathetic cop out to justify an all star. I understand the division argument but I already explained why thats fraud in this case.

You still have to pitch to whoevers in front of you. Like I said, name anyone else who leads the majors in strikeouts with an ERA uinder 2.9 and gets snubbed at the all star game. Its a [expletive]ing travesty, and all these Yankees getting in is even more a travesty.

Weaver >>>>>>>> Pettite

Weaver >>>>>>>> Hughes

Weaver > CC (this year)

Edited by kingfish

Lol @ people still trying to justify all these bs selections over Weaver. Your ranking system is bs btw. I dont care where he plays numbers are numbers, and you cant use the division as an excuse because Weaver and Pettite both faced Tampa Bay, and Pettite only faced Boston once. If the strength of schedule crap really meant anything I could go and find guys on the AL team that have had an easier schedule then Weaver just based on the numbers alone. Thats a pathetic cop out to justify an all star. I understand the division argument but I already explained why thats fraud in this case.

You still have to pitch to whoevers in front of you. Like I said, name anyone else who leads the majors in strikeouts with an ERA uinder 2.9 and gets snubbed at the all star game. Its a [expletive]ing travesty, and all these Yankees getting in is even more a travesty.

Weaver >>>>>>>> Pettite

Weaver >>>>>>>> Hughes

Weaver > CC (this year)

It happens every year bro, nothing new. :(

Weaver >>>>>>>> Pettite

Weaver >>>>>>>> Hughes

Weaver > CC (this year)

:sigh: You're so upset, I'll just let you vent it. Maybe read objective material later. You're using the most basic arguments in history of sports talk, and I'm already saying that Weaver deserves to be there.

IMO both deserve it and hughes shouldn't be there...but the players voted hughes in

Yeah, I guess the players felt facing Hughes was more of an obstacle than facing Weaver... I dunno. Yankees really keep [expletive]ing these kids over though, first the Joba rules, now skipping Hughes' starts and he is imploding.

Yeah, I guess the players felt facing Hughes was more of an obstacle than facing Weaver... I dunno. Yankees really keep [expletive]ing these kids over though, first the Joba rules, now skipping Hughes' starts and he is imploding.

They know how to draft em, they don't know how to manage them...

Weaver named to AL All-Star squad

CHICAGO -- With his naming of Jered Weaver on Tuesday to replace Yankees southpaw CC Sabathia on the American League All-Star roster, Yankees manager Joe Girardi brings to two the number of Angels on the AL squad. Weaver joins Torii Hunter, one of the reserve outfielders selected by the players in their balloting.

Weaver has a $50,000 All-Star bonus in his contract for his selection, but he, like Sabathia, is scheduled to start on the final Sunday of the half, in Oakland. This means Girardi will need to replace Weaver with another arm.

"Weav certainly is worthy of making the All-Star team," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said before Tuesday night's game, repeating what he's been saying for several weeks.

Angels players, including Hunter, were outspoken in their dissatisfaction with Weaver being omitted when the composition of the rosters was revealed on Sunday.

MLB.com

Konerko added to AL All-Star roster

CHICAGO -- Despite coming up short in the Final Vote contest, White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko is still going to be on the American League All-Star team.

Konerko on Saturday was tabbed to replace the Twins' Justin Morneau, who was voted in as the starter at first base. Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera will start in place of Morneau.

Since Morneau was elected by the fans, it was AL manager Joe Girardi's call to appoint Konerko. Morneau recently suffered a concussion in a game against Toronto and was advised by doctors to rest while experience the lingering effects.

This will be the fourth All-Star Game appearance for Konerko, who entered play on Saturday batting .299 with 20 home runs and 62 RBIs.

MLB.com

--

You happy bigdog?