2010 All-Star Starters/Reserves Announced

Cobb

Not really, all the respect to Latos but the SP's that made it all are having incredible years, Bell didn't make it because of the every team rep rule

I agree. When there is a list of "snubs" 20 names long, that means that there weren't enough roster spots and no matter who was selected, there was going to be an absurd amount of [expletive]ing.

And Fish, you will be happy to hear this. Word is that the reason Charlie Manuel did not take Mike Pelfrey was because he is pitching Sunday and would have needed to be replaced.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, all the respect to Latos but the SP's that made it all are having incredible years, Bell didn't make it because of the every team rep rule

Wainwright, Josh Johnson... maybe Hudson are having as good of or better years than Latos. The rest are below him.

And Fish, you will be happy to hear this. Word is that the reason Charlie Manuel did not take Mike Pelfrey was because he is pitching Sunday and would have needed to be replaced.

Haha yeah Charlie seemed like he wanted to get as many NL East guys onto the team that he could. Orginally I was upset that Pelf didn't make it but after I saw the worst SP on the roster was Lincecum I understood why he wasn't there. If Manuel had taken Pelf who was the odd guy out? Lince or Hudson? Lince was prolly at least a players vote...

Wainwright, Josh Johnson... maybe Hudson are having as good of or better years than Latos. The rest are below him.

Eh, I disagree. Latos is having a phenomenal year, but to say he is hands down one of the top 4 pitchers in the league this year is kind of a stretch. There are a bunch of dudes with similar (and arguably better) numbers. That BAA for Latos is absurd though, not denying that. Latos also gets a lot of aid from playing in Petco Park. His BAA is actually lower on the road, but across the board he is much more dominant at Petco. Kind of funny how most of the public discredits hitters for playing in "hitter-friendly" parks, but rarely do you see the same done for pitchers.

Did I mention Weaver leads the majors in strikeouts?

Weaver > Bucholz. And lmao at you thinking Bucholz is an easy choice over Weaver, downright comical. Weaver has the edge in innings pitched, strikeouts, WHIP, and batting average against, and most of those categorys he completley destroys Bucholz.

"I don't know personally how a guy who leads the league in strikeouts and has a sub-3.00 ERA doesn't make it. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, Saunders said.

p.s. Phil Hughes has a 3.83 ERA......... AND YOU STILL SAID AGRED WITH HIM OVER WEAVER? Lol I dont even have to ask, you are mad bro.

Too bad he doesn't "destroy" him in any category except SO's, yet Bucholtz is beating him in the two most important categories while playing in a vastly superior division.

There's a reason John Lackey isn't having a great season after coming from the AL West. :lol: .

You're still mad!

Eh, I disagree. Latos is having a phenomenal year, but to say he is hands down one of the top 4 pitchers in the league this year is kind of a stretch. There are a bunch of dudes with similar (and arguably better) numbers. That BAA for Latos is absurd though, not denying that. Latos also gets a lot of aid from playing in Petco Park. His BAA is actually lower on the road, but across the board he is much more dominant at Petco. Kind of funny how most of the public discredits hitters for playing in "hitter-friendly" parks, but rarely do you see the same done for pitchers.

BAA + WHIP = pretty good damn indicator of a pitcher, and his are tops (without looking, maybe JJ is right there). He doesn't have 100+ K's, but I'll make an argument for him against anyone but Wainwright and Josh Johnson.

Argue away for the guys with better numbers, I'll be back after work. Friendly debate.

Too bad he doesn't "destroy" him in any category except SO's, yet Bucholtz is beating him in the two most important categories while playing in a vastly superior division.

There's a reason John Lackey isn't having a great season after coming from the AL West. :lol: .

You're still mad!

Lacky's numbers can easily be linked with his increase in walks which has little to nothing to with the hitters he faced. 4.40 ERA ain't far off from the 3.80 he had in LA especially when you consider he is now in a hitters ball park.

Lacky's numbers can easily be linked with his increase in walks which has little to nothing to with the hitters he faced. 4.40 ERA ain't far off from the 3.80 he had in LA especially when you consider he is now in a hitters ball park.

BUT DOOD HE FASES THE ORIOLES EVEREE YEAR

[/ecn reference]

Pettitte to replace Buchholz on All-Star roster

OAKLAND -- Andy Pettitte walked out of Yankee Stadium on Sunday expecting that he'd at some point be named an All-Star. As he climbed a mound for his scheduled bullpen session a coast away the next afternoon, he knew for sure.

Pettitte was added to the American League pitching staff for the July 13 All-Star Game at Angel Stadium on Monday, replacing hurler Clay Buchholz, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Red Sox. Pettitte's name was next on the player vote list, automatically bumping him up to the roster.

MLB.com

Boo! Let Weaver go. I mean it is in Anaheim!

I bet Weaver makes his way onto the team eventually. Every year, guys decide not to go at the last minute, because they pitch on the Sunday before the game (there are a handful of guys on the AL roster scheduled to pitch Sunday, I believe) or other reasons.

I bet Weaver makes his way onto the team eventually. Every year, guys decide not to go at the last minute, because they pitch on the Sunday before the game (there are a handful of guys on the AL roster scheduled to pitch Sunday, I believe) or other reasons.

He'll take CC's spot

Injured Gallardo won't pitch in All-Star Game

MILWAUKEE -- Brewers ace Yovani Gallardo will not pitch in the All-Star Game next week in Anaheim, manager Ken Macha said Monday.

After being named to the National League All-Star squad earlier in the day, Gallardo left Sunday's game in the bottom of the third inning with a strained left oblique muscle.

Gallardo was still holding out hope of a quick return before a Monday visit with the team doctor, but Macha inserted a dose of reality. Macha said Gallardo would probably not make another first-half start and would definitely not pitch in next week's All-Star Game.

MLB.com

Hehe, Pettite over Weaver. Cant get enough Yankees huh?

Wins - Pettite >

ERA - Tie

WHIP - Weaver >

BAA - Weaver >

Strikeouts - Weaver >>> (he leads the [expletive]ing major leagues)

Innings pitched - Weaver >

But but but, its the AL East brah. Its sick brah. Even though Pettite has only face Boston once, and both Pettite and Weaver have faced Tampa Bay once. But but but Pettite has to face the Orioles and Blue Jays.

D00d the AL East is sick brah.

p.s. Thank you to those of you that feel Weaver should be in it and gave him his props. :wub:

Edited by kingfish

Hehe, Pettite over Weaver. Cant get enough Yankees huh?

Wins - Pettite >

ERA - Tie

WHIP - Weaver >

BAA - Weaver >

Strikeouts - Weaver >>> (he leads the [expletive]ing major leagues)

Innings pitched - Weaver >

But but but, its the AL East brah. Its sick brah.

It's all good brah, Weaver will take CC's spot.

D00d the AL East is sick brah.

I don't get it... Are you questioning the AL East superiority over the AL West?

AL East, sans Yankees

#1, #4, #7, #13

AL West, sans Angels

#3, #11, #14

You face Texas, and then get two of the bottom 4 offenses in the American League. Stop already.

Should Weaver be there? Yes, and he will be... He'll take CC's spot, who is slated to start the Sunday before the ASG. But all this AL East sarcasm rubs the wrong way.

I don't get it... Are you questioning the AL East superiority over the AL West?

AL East, sans Yankees

#1, #4, #7, #13

AL West, sans Angels

#3, #11, #14

You face Texas, and then get two of the bottom 4 offenses in the American League. Stop already.

Should Weaver be there? Yes, and he will be... He'll take CC's spot, who is slated to start the Sunday before the ASG. But all this AL East sarcasm rubs the wrong way.

Lol I never said the AL East wasnt a good division, in fact I said it was sick brah.

But when you say a certain player is so much better then another player because he plays in the East, its laughable. Like I said, Pettie has only faced Boston once, and Weaver and Pettite both faced Tampa Bay once. Its not that big a deal.

Using a simple reverse scale (16 points for facing the #1 NL offense, 1 point for facing the #16... 14 points for facing the #1 AL offense, 1 point for facing the #14), Pettitte's average opponent has been 8.56 points, and Weaver's 7.18.

Pettitte has faced a tougher game by game opponent, but like I said, Weaver deserves on the team. You just can't downplay the effect of playing in the best offensive division in the game.

Lol I never said the AL East wasnt a good division, in fact I said it was sick brah.

But when you say a certain player is so much better then another player because he plays in the East, its laughable. Like I said, Pettie has only faced Boston once, and Weaver and Pettite both faced Tampa Bay once. Its not that big a deal.

co-sign

you do still play 50% of your games outside the division