2010 All-Star Starters/Reserves Announced

Cobb

So Jered Weaver is NOT in this game?

Leads the MAJOR LEAGUES in K's with 124

2.82 ERA

4th in AL in WHIP

4th in BAA

11th in wins with 8

Are you [expletive]ing kidding me? The all star game is a [expletive]ing joke and so is major league baseball Bud Selig, Joe Girardi, and all those other [expletive]ing clowns. I WILL NOT WATCH A POPULARITY CONTEST.

You just explained to yourself the exact reason WHY Weaver is not in the All-Star game. It's all a popularity contest.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont even mind the home field advantage rule, it makes the game actually mean something and its one of the most intense games of the year. But you are right about everything else.

Another problem is all the Yankees and Red Sox getting picked every year when some of them clearly dont deserve it. MLB is a [expletive]ing joke, its 10x worse then the NBA believe that.

The AS game has, and always will be a joke until Selig gets out as commish, and when they make some changes.

The voting percentage should be this:

40% Managers

40% Players

20% Fans

No way should the all-star voting be just based on fan voting. Small Market teams would have no chance to get an all-star starter pretty much (look at Votto and Cincy)

And the fact that Howard got it over Votto is completley stupid. Please tell me how Votto is worse then Howard:

Joey Votto: .313 AVG, 19 HR, 57 RBI, .414 OBP, .574 SLG

Ryan Howard: .293 AVG, 15 HR, 59 RBI, .349 OBP, .502 SLG

Outside of 2 RBI's, Votto creams Howard in every stat category.

Should have went: Pujols, Votto, Howard

The AS game has, and always will be a joke until Selig gets out as commish, and when they make some changes.

The voting percentage should be this:

40% Managers

40% Players

20% Fans

No way should the all-star voting be just based on fan voting. Small Market teams would have no chance to get an all-star starter pretty much (look at Votto and Cincy)

And the fact that Howard got it over Votto is completley stupid. Please tell me how Votto is worse then Howard:

Joey Votto: .313 AVG, 19 HR, 57 RBI, .414 OBP, .574 SLG

Ryan Howard: .293 AVG, 15 HR, 59 RBI, .349 OBP, .502 SLG

Outside of 2 RBI's, Votto creams Howard in every stat category.

Should have went: Pujols, Votto, Howard

This isn't a Howard vs. Votto thing, IMO. Ryan Howard has borderline-allstar worthy numbers, and since his team was in the World Series and his manager had a say in the roster, he gets to go. The real shame is that Votto does not make the roster, but Jason Heyward and Omar Infante do.

Other blatant roster errors in the NL include Jose Reyes being Troy Tulowitzki's replacement instead of Rafael Furcal, who is having a far better season. Also, the two NL catchers should be Brian McCann and Miguel Olivo. Yadier Molina should not be going this year. For the record, I am a huge Yadier Molina fan and think that his defense and game-calling is allstar worthy in itself, but considering that Olivo has significantly better offensive numbers, he should be going since fans are not tuning in to see defense.

I dont even mind the home field advantage rule, it makes the game actually mean something and its one of the most intense games of the year. But you are right about everything else.

Another problem is all the Yankees and Red Sox getting picked every year when some of them clearly dont deserve it. MLB is a [expletive]ing joke, its 10x worse then the NBA believe that.

Please, do tell me which Yankee and Red Sox players don't deserve to be on the team this year.

Kevin Youkilis: 3rd best OBP in AL.

David Ortiz: 7th in HR's in AL (Doing far better than I thought he would be doing)

Adrian Beltre: 3rd best BA in the AL

Clay Bucholtz: 10-4, with the 3rd best ERA in the A.L.

Jon Lester: 10-3, with the 5th best ERA in the AL, and has been tearing it up since April.

Robinson Cano: 2nd best BA in AL

Derek Jeter: Shouldn't be there, but he always will be.

C.C. Sabathia: 13th best ERA in the AL, while playing in the AL East

Phil Hughes: Same as C.C.

Mariano: Obvious pick.

A-Rod: 62 RBI's

You can make an argument for a lot of those players for being deserving, and the only Red Sox player that doesn't "deserve" to be there may be Ortiz, but I can see why he is.

I've always hated Clay Bucholtz, but he's proven me wrong, and will be a future stud.

BTW, where's Matt Cain? :lol: . Get owned you little [expletive].

Please, do tell me which Yankee and Red Sox players don't deserve to be on the team this year.

Kevin Youkilis: 3rd best OBP in AL.

David Ortiz: 7th in HR's in AL (Doing far better than I thought he would be doing)

Adrian Beltre: 3rd best BA in the AL

Clay Bucholtz: 10-4, with the 3rd best ERA in the A.L.

Jon Lester: 10-3, with the 5th best ERA in the AL, and has been tearing it up since April.

Robinson Cano: 2nd best BA in AL

Derek Jeter: Shouldn't be there, but he always will be.

C.C. Sabathia: 13th best ERA in the AL, while playing in the AL East

Phil Hughes: Same as C.C.

Mariano: Obvious pick.

A-Rod: 62 RBI's

You can make an argument for a lot of those players for being deserving, and the only Red Sox player that doesn't "deserve" to be there may be Ortiz, but I can see why he is.

I've always hated Clay Bucholtz, but he's proven me wrong, and will be a future stud.

BTW, where's Matt Cain? :lol: . Get owned you little [expletive].

1) Stop callin people a [expletive] and baiting them.

2) Those are all nice stats but Jered Weaver definitely deserves to be there over CC, Bucholz, and Hughes. Did I mention hes leading the Majors in strikeouts with a 2.82 ERA? Name one guy that leads the league in K's with an ERA under 2.9 at the all star break that gets snubbed at the all star game. You cant.

Even Infante was surprised when he heard he made the All-Star team. Hell, he though he was getting traded when he got a call from Frank Wren this morning. :lol:

“I got a call from Frank Wren, and the first thought I had was that I got traded,” Infante said through an interpreter. “I was kind of nervous and choked up. By the time Frank told me I was going to the All-Star game, I thought he was joking around. It took, like, five minutes for me to realize I’m going to the All-Star game.”

AJC Braves

1) Stop callin people a [expletive] and baiting them.

2) Those are all nice stats but Jered Weaver definitely deserves to be there over CC, Bucholz, and Hughes. Did I mention hes leading the Majors in strikeouts with a 2.82 ERA? Name one guy that leads the league in K's with an ERA under 2.9 at the all star break that gets snubbed at the all star game. You cant.

1. Tell me who I'm baiting because Matt Cain does not post on this forum. :lol: .

2. Clay Bucholtz is an easy choice over Weaver. Far superior division, and a better ERA.

I'm guess Kobe should have made it over Miguel Carbrera? :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

1. Tell me who I'm baiting because Matt Cain does not post on this forum. :lol: .

2. Clay Bucholtz is an easy choice over Weaver. Far superior division, and a better ERA.

I'm guess Kobe should have made it over Miguel Carbrera? :lol: .

Did I mention Weaver leads the majors in strikeouts?

Weaver > Bucholz. And lmao at you thinking Bucholz is an easy choice over Weaver, downright comical. Weaver has the edge in innings pitched, strikeouts, WHIP, and batting average against, and most of those categorys he completley destroys Bucholz.

"I don't know personally how a guy who leads the league in strikeouts and has a sub-3.00 ERA doesn't make it. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, Saunders said.

p.s. Phil Hughes has a 3.83 ERA......... AND YOU STILL SAID AGRED WITH HIM OVER WEAVER? Lol I dont even have to ask, you are mad bro.

Edited by kingfish

Lol, Fausto Carmona made it for the Indians since Choo is injured. He's 7-7 with an ERA in the 3's. What a joke. I mean, he's above average and has great potential, but he shouldn't be in this.

That's the lovely "Every team has to be represented by at least one player" rule. -_-

Lol, Fausto Carmona made it for the Indians since Choo is injured. He's 7-7 with an ERA in the 3's. What a joke. I mean, he's above average and has great potential, but he shouldn't be in this.

W-L is pretty irrelevant, especially for a guy on a [expletive]ty team. He isn't having THAT bad of a season. Not an all-star if he's on a team with more deserving guys, but I have seen way worse guys get in on that "every team must be accounted for" thing.

But yes, that rule needs to be done away with...

But yes, that rule needs to be done away with...

I'm split on whether the rule should stay. I like how every team is represented with at least one player when trying to get home field advantage for your league, but teams that don't have any all-stars at first are often out of the race in their divisions.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, there is no way it will be done away with. MLB likes having every TV market represented. But it would make life a hell of a lot easier for the managers when they are making their selections.