Inception

I asked a buddy of mine who's seen it already and he said he totally understood the first time he saw it.

I guess you guys are just dumb. :D

I doubt you phrased the question correctly, the movie, concept and ending are pretty easy to understand. But overall, the movie as a whole is a lot to take in at once, on how the inception works and what the levels are and how to jump and blah blah blah, you'll see, gets jumbled quick.

x2 man.

Very weird in the beginning but as the movie progressed I understood it more and more.

Yeah you have to pay attention throughout the whole movie or else you're basically lost.

Once you understand the plot, you will love and appreciate the movie even more.

Never posted in here after I saw it, but saw it the day after it opened and I think it's the best movie I've seen since Shutter Island, and probably better than that. Very interesting movie, I feel like Leo is better now than he's ever been as an actor, he could win an Oscar for both his roles in this and Shutter Island IMO.

Never posted in here after I saw it, but saw it the day after it opened and I think it's the best movie I've seen since Shutter Island, and probably better than that. Very interesting movie, I feel like Leo is better now than he's ever been as an actor, he could win an Oscar for both his roles in this and Shutter Island IMO.

So it's the best movie since February 2010? lol.

Well, I don't wanna say it's for sure better than Shutter Island, both are damn good. They're the two best movies I've seen since Seven Pounds, I'll say that.

Whoaaaa... I agreed with you up until Seven Pounds. I'm like #1 Will Smith fan and even I didn't like Seven Pounds.

Whoaaaa... I agreed with you up until Seven Pounds. I'm like #1 Will Smith fan and even I didn't like Seven Pounds.

I thought that was the movie of the year. I think the movie is a little slow in the middle, but looking back on the opening scene, and the ending scene, it's a powerful movie.

I just saw it with a bunch of my friends, everyone loved it. I would definitely recommend going to see it. It's very complex as people have said before, but a amazing movie overall. The ending was kind of predictable but still loved it.

SPOILER ALERT...KINDA

How can you guys say the ending was predictable when we don't even know what happened?

And one thing I didn't get was...the point of the movie. Why was he doing all this? He first tried it on his wife, but then why did he keep doing it?

SPOILER ALERT...KINDA

How can you guys say the ending was predictable when we don't even know what happened?

And one thing I didn't get was...the point of the movie. Why was he doing all this? He first tried it on his wife, but then why did he keep doing it?

Okay, I'll explain the last part first, which makes the ending simpler to explain.

He first tested it on him and his wife, and presumably he went so many layers deep on his wife (ha) that time was slowed to the point that the one night of dreaming or whatever it may have been was actually years and years. At the one point in the movie they show that in one of the levels they grew old and died happily together at a very old age, and so on. So basically on each level he had this relationship with his wife that he loved so dearly, and it was developed to different levels on each layer of their dreams. He spends what feels like probably more than 50 years in this state, and finally coming back out of it his wife kills herself in the real world, thinking they're still dreaming.

So he does all of this because he gets blamed for murdering his wife, because she sets it up (thinking they're dreaming) so that there's significant evidence that he kills her (even though he doesn't). She does this to make him jump, because otherwise he'll have to deal with bad things in the 'dream' and it should make him jump. Long story short, it's the real world and Leo knows it, so he bails out of the country before he gets life in prison. He gets a promise from the Asian dude at the beginning that if he does this all for him (making the guy tear his company apart), that he has the power to allow Leo back in the country without a record.

And the end was kind of predictable because of mostly the top spinning. The way they show it at the end, it starts to wobble, and you can assume he's back in reality, but they leave it to where you can use your imagination and decide whether or not his kids are even real, if he ever even lived the life he feared coming back to. That's where things get tangled in the movie, because with different levels of dreams, time slows differently... well in the top level that we see in the movie (the one where he is sent on this mission, on the plane, and eventually with the kids at the end), he spends too much time there for it to be a dream, unless he's in a coma or something. That's what made me decide it was for sure reailty at that point. But the whole ending with the top still spinning was pretty predictable to me, but in my opinion still probably the best way to end the movie... Unless maybe they ended it with him being crazy, just like Shutter Island, and his wife is actually alive this time. :P

Wow, thanks for that. Cleared it up a lot. I mean I completely understood the movie, better than most, I just didn't get the point of it.

Although my sister brought up an AMAZING point... She said he wears a ring on his finger in his dream when he's married, and in reality he doesn't. At the end of the movie, he didn't have a ring on his finger, perhaps assuring us that he's back in reality? Maybe it was a mistake in the movie, or maybe it was an awesome clue that no one picked up (certainly not me).

Got another question though. Was he ever in limbo or whatever it was they called it?

Edited by Bean Burrito

Unless maybe they ended it with him being crazy, just like Shutter Island, and his wife is actually alive this time. :P

Not cool man. I haven't seen Shutter Island yet. You just ruined it for me didn't you? : (

This movie was great though. Reminded me of one of Nolan's earlier movies, Memento.

Not cool man. I haven't seen Shutter Island yet. You just ruined it for me didn't you? : (

This movie was great though. Reminded me of one of Nolan's earlier movies, Memento.

Well in Shutter Island it's an assumption you have to make too haha. Sorry >.< The quote said Spoiler Alert all bold n [expletive].

Haha but Gyula, I didn't notice the ring thing... that's interesting. I'll have to check that out when I see it again (possibly tomorrow night for some hoe's bday).

And no, none of them were in limbo. At the end they said if they were they would have died in the real world, and on the plane they were all okay.

Saito was in Limbo... Cobb had to bring him back.

How did he? I forgot.

And Kirby pay close attention to it! I will to next time I see it. I think that may be the biggest clue!

Also, what's the significance of the picture with the boy holding that toy?

TO BEAN BURRITO

SPOILER ALERT...KINDA

I think what we meant by predictable was that they'd all live and he'd see his children and be alright...

He is doing it to because the Japanese dude said if he did it then he'd clear his name so he could go home and see his kids, he did the other jobs before for money I guess

Edited by Fish7718

TO DAVID STERN

Unless maybe they ended it with him being crazy, just like Shutter Island, and his wife is actually alive this time. :P

He wasn't crazy in shutter island, he just faking it

hence the "I'd rather die a good man, than to live as a monster" line

Edited by Fish7718

TO BEAN BURRITO

How did he? I forgot.

And Kirby pay close attention to it! I will to next time I see it. I think that may be the biggest clue!

Also, what's the significance of the picture with the boy holding that toy?

Lol Cobb was in limbo and so was Juno (ellen paige) lol, Kirby is confused if you died in the dream, nothing would happen to you in real life but because they were so heavily sedated they would be stuck in limbo, ellen paige and the other guy get revived in the 3rd level so they are back in the dream but cobb stays in limbo and they loop the beginning with Saito in the end and Cobb says lets be young men again Saito is really old because he's been in limbo so long.

Cobb and his wife are also in limbo too, earlier in the movie. I believe.

Fish!

Cobb and Mal were in limbo, when they built their life together because they went too deep and got stuck. Didn't Cobb say something to the effect that his wife started going crazy, wanting to leave, couldn't deal with it... something along those lines? So he tricked her into thinking that her life there was real and everything else was fake, so that she could deal with it and remain sane? He didn't know it would follow her to the real world when they woke up or that it would consume her completely, I think he just felt it was something temporary for that level of dream to keep her from going completely nutso... Just didn't think out the consequences :wacko:. Just my take on things.