Jack On Bosh's Departure

“It was just like in college,” Jack said Wednesday at the Air Canada Centre. “He played with me one year and then he left. It’s like repeating the same thing.”

“Yeah, it’s disappointing a little bit,” Jack said. “Obviously I’d love to play with him again. But I knew the situation coming into here. When I was coming into this situation and signing my contract, me and him talked about the free-agency thing coming up.

“I don’t think anybody could look at him with any type of disdain or anything. They know he gave his heart and soul to this franchise for seven great years. He just felt like it was time to move on.”

“I made it very clear to [Colangelo] that I wanted to be here regardless of what happened in free agency with Chris or anybody else,” Jack said. “That’s really the reason I’m up here.”

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/07/07/raptors-jack-ready-to-move-on-without-bosh/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz0t2CBqDnj

With Bosh leaving Jack has basically become the undisputed leader of this team. There is absolutely no way that they should trade Jack this offseason. Not only do DeRozan, Weems and Johnson look up to him as a mentor of sorts, but they need a veteran leader on this team and Jack fits the bill. He may not be the long term point guard, but he is such an integral part of this team and its future that I would be absolutely furious if he was traded this summer.

I know I have talked before about how I think one point guard needs to go, but with Bosh leaving and this team being so young heading into next season, I would absolutely hate to see Jack leave. I would rather start the season with both Jack and Calderon on the team than see Jack moved for the sake of clearing up this little point guard dilemma.

He may not be the most talented player on the team or have the most upside on the team, but I honestly think that with Bosh leaving he will be the most important player for this team next season. His leadership and calming influence on the Young Guns will be vital next year.

No, why would you make him a leader, when he quit on the team and wanted out this season? He doesn't even want to play for Raptors.

There was a high level of sarcasm in my post. If you walked around with a sarcasometer it would have been beeping like crazy!