Knicks sign and trade David Lee to Warriors

New York Knicks forward David Lee got some good news, once LeBron James announced his intention to join the Miami Heat.

Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com that Lee had agreed to a sign-and-trade worth $80 million dollars over six years with the Golden State Warriors.

Lee

The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others.

Knicks GM Donnie Walsh has coveted Randolph for years and feels he'd give the team another long, athletic forward to pair with Amare Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari in the frontcourt.

Source

:( :( :( :( Bye bye D Lee, hellllooooooo Anthony Randolph :glasses:

Edited by Fish7718

Great Trade for the Knicks. Wonder what the "among others" means? Hopefully Brendan Wright.

Loving this trade. Gives us two big men to pair with Amare. And a good defensive SG. While keeping tons of cap space available.

Good deal, but hate to see LEE leave.

Lol this is a terrible deal for the Knicks, they might as well tried to get some players to help them win now considering they don't have their pick, idiots.

You're wrong, Azibuke is a player that will be great off the bench and Randoiph can be the best player in the 08 draft this was a great deal for the Knicks to get something for Lee before NJ signed him.

Alright Knicks fans. What should I expect from David Lee?

A fan favorite

A guy that will hustle every night win or lose

double doubles

a hot girl

and an all around great guy :unsure: we'll miss him

You're wrong, Azibuke is a player that will be great off the bench and Randoiph can be the best player in the 08 draft this was a great deal for the Knicks to get something for Lee before NJ signed him.

Great deal if you are interested in giving your lotto to another team, Randolph has been misused and it will be a while before he can help you guys win. Buke is a role player.

I guess it is solid compared to losing him for nothing, but it doesn't help them win.

Edited by travesy3

Alright Knicks fans. What should I expect from David Lee?

Tremendous rebounder, skilled offensively, 2nd best big man in the league in PnR situation (next to Amare), unselfish...

...and a horrible, horrible defender. But this is a GREAT trade for the Warriors. Don't know what NY is thinking...

Tremendous rebounder, skilled offensively, 2nd best big man in the league in PnR situation (next to Amare), unselfish...

...and a horrible, horrible defender. But this is a GREAT trade for the Warriors. Don't know what NY is thinking...

Yeah, that scares me alot. But it's not like anyone here plays defense anyways.

Yeah, that scares me alot. But it's not like anyone here plays defense anyways.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. He's on a similar caliber as Amare Stoudemire but no one gives him the credit because of how bad the Knicks were. The dude can score and he's an amazing rebounder. If they keep him at the 4, his defense will be a lot better than if they force him to play the 5 like he did on the Knicks.

Don't know what NY is thinking...

That they had 5 salaries players? That they could have lost Lee for nothing? That the youth and upside in Randolph, or the bench versatility of Azu would be assets to the ballclub? Not sure what downside there is to look for here.

That they had 5 salaries players? That they could have lost Lee for nothing? That the youth and upside in Randolph, or the bench versatility of Azu would be assets to the ballclub? Not sure what downside there is to look for here.

I suppose, I just think they could have gotten more value for Lee. I'm sure the Rockets would have entertained a deal maybe doing a double sign-and-trade with Scola and another piece or two.

In fact, after the T-Mac trade I'm sure they would have welcomed an offer from NY with open arms :lol:

I suppose, I just think they could have gotten more value for Lee. I'm sure the Rockets would have entertained a deal maybe doing a double sign-and-trade with Scola and another piece or two.

In fact, after the T-Mac trade I'm sure they would have welcomed an offer from NY with open arms :lol:

Everything I've read is that this was the best offer they got. They turned down one from Minnesota and were waiting for them to up the offer, but they didn't.

It's a good trade for both sides. Knicks get some guys who can fit the D'Antoni run and gun system (although, does Turiaf fit that role ;) ? ) but anyway I like the deal, get something for Lee even if it means some younger role players. The Knicks gotta land a Tony Parker though or this next season won't be all that much better then last.