A.L. East Winner?

Carmelamare

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm really supersticious, so I hope I don't jinx anything.

However, I'm really not sure, but I'll say the Boston Red Sox, with the New York Yankees having about the same chance.

Josh Beckett and Jon Lester have been pitching extremely well recently, and that is a great sign for the Boston Red Sox, but the bullpen needs to get their act together.

Also, Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis are coming out of their long [expletive] slump, and David Ortiz is heating up.

The Yankees are like 40-20 with A-rod if he wasn't out for 2 months the Yankees would be running away with this division. Yankees will pull away in the second half as they are usually a 2nd half team anyway.

The Yankees are like 40-20 with A-rod if he wasn't out for 2 months the Yankees would be running away with this division. Yankees will pull away in the second half as they are usually a 2nd half team anyway.

I can play that game as well.

David Ortiz was non-existent for the first two months.

Josh Beckett and Jon Lester had [expletive]ty starts to the season, and Dice-K has barely pitched.

Kevin Youkilis had a .404 average on May 20, and dropped all the way to .289 on July 9, and is now batting .289.

Dustin Pedroia was batting .341 on May 26, and dropped all the way to .285 on July 4, and is now batting .303.

Jason Bay's average has been going down , and down, and down.

Mike Lowell has been injured for a while.

Do you really want to play that game?

Eh David Ortiz isn't "Big Papi" anymore without Manny there to save him. His decrease in production isn't a surprise at all. Don't count on Lowell being healthy all year either at this age. Dice-K is done for the season but IIRC he had a terrible beginning to the year.

The Yankees were without A-Rod but other than that were relatively healthy. IIRC the only other injuries were to Posada and CC barely injured something against the Marlins.

That being said, I got the Yanks. That lineup is unbelievable and will continue to put up great numbers. If their rotation can find consistency then they have to be the favorites to win the series.

Josh Beckett and Jon Lester had [expletive]ty starts to the season, and Dice-K has barely pitched.

Kevin Youkilis had a .404 average on May 20, and dropped all the way to .289 on July 9, and is now batting .289.

Dustin Pedroia was batting .341 on May 26, and dropped all the way to .285 on July 4, and is now batting .303.

Well the Yankees really didn't have "cold" players, I think he was talking about the injury of A-rod. With the same exact way our season started w/ Arod, we would have won more games. None of your key players were injured, everyone in the MLB has slumps.

That was pretty ignorant theres a diffrence between players having slumps and players being injured.

That was pretty ignorant theres a diffrence between players having slumps and players being injured.

That's true, but in a lot of cases getting a star players head cleared and getting him out of a massive slump is almost like getting him back from injury. Hell, look what has happened to the Phillies offense since Jimmy Rollins has gotten his head out of his [expletive]. Coincidence? I think not.

Boston or Ny....picked Boston only because they haven't lost to the Yanks yet this year and are more consistent. Yanks will win the Wild Card. Rays are playing ok, but not that great. Toronto always does good to start then loses like 10 straight and takes itself out of the race.