Signing party tonight

SRV

I'm sorry... I was out of town until now but still managed to watch the majority of this.

First off, this was a joke. This entire thing has made a mockery of the NBA. At no point should a player (or three) become bigger than the game itself. That is exactly what has happened in the last few days. It's embarrassing and totally unneeded. I'm completely fine with a team such as the Heat signing three great players like this, but why turn it into a show?

I believe I heard LeBron personally guarantee seven (or eight?) titles to Miami. I'm glad he's setting his goals high, so high in fact that it will be impossible for them to reach. I've liked LeBron less and less every year since he came into the league (where he was among my favorite players), now I just can't stand the guy. He's a punk that obviously thinks Team LeBron > NBA.

Dan Gilbert obviously feels the same way as his email was spot on. I feel bad for the entire Cavs organization as well as their fans. They just got played.

I thought Wade has some class? This whole thing really has me questioning him as well now.

This whole thing was a joke. If you get the players, fine, congrats, whatever... don't turn it into a whole fiasco before you even step on the court together (in a Heat jersey). They just put a huge target across their chests before the season even started. Truly ridiculous that you can't watch anything now without hearing about a new show, party, etc that the group will be doing that night.

The NBA has taken a huge hit from this, not because of the team that was formed, but because of the show that has been created from it.

-_-

That "party" was to pump up the Heat fans. All the other things said that might sound cocky is a result of all the haters out there, and the hate on Lebron. So you can talk [expletive] to these guys, but they aren't allowed to dish it back?

Noah said we were hollywood, so Lebron and Wade shut him up, Gilbert talked [expletive] to Lebron, so Lebron called him a bad owner and said it hurts the Cavs image, people say they can't win, so Lebron promised over 7 rings. Wade and Lebron said they can't be guarded, and its probably true anyways.

I love what they did, they showed they are ready to win, they know everyone hates them, and they don't care. I expect them to go out there and embarrass every team they play because they want to win, and they want to silence the haters.

If anything this helps the NBA, the Heat will sell out every game, home and away. It brings attention to the NBA because just like everyone liked the Yankees cause they were stacked, fans from other sports will take interest to this team. Also, the NBA is getting media coverage on national news, so its helping htem more than anything.

Edited by SRV

If anything this helps the NBA, the Heat will sell out every game, home and away. It brings attention to the NBA because just like everyone liked the Yankees cause they were stacked, fans from other sports will take interest to this team. Also, the NBA is getting media coverage on national news, so its helping htem more than anything.

So you are welcoming bandwagon fans... cool I guess?

I don't even see what the problem really is anymore. It's three guys that are very close friends that are all taking less money in order for a bigger shot at winning the title. People complain that NBA players only care about the money. Now that Wade, James, and Bosh are all on the same team everyone is mad? They're just having fun right now. Wade never said the best big three ever, he said arguably, so don't mix that up.

Unless they start acting like the Celtics by setting illegal screens, having an idiot like KG, or complaining to be the best player in the league like Pierce did (although Wade or LeBron could be one day), they are not as bad as you guys are making it seem.

Notice how the only fans that are butthurt are the ones that were in the LeBron race and didn't get him and majority of the Laker fans. Everyone needs to relax until they play a good amount of basketball, then judge.

• Like 2

Yea, it gets the NBA more publicity. You really think all the Yankees fans around the world were life long fans? Nope, same with the Red Sox. Their fans are people that watched other sports, and then those teams had success and they decided, hey its time. Same thing with Lakers and Celtics fans, most of them are due to the franchises success and stacked teams back in the day.

Bandwaggon fans are going to come regardless when you've got both Wade and LeBron on the same team. I don't think its cool to have them but there's really nothing we can do as a fanbase.

Legacy nailed it with his post. Perfect way to sum it up.

I guess I'm one of the few non-Heat fans that is excited to see how this works? I'll be cheering for them to prove everyone wrong.

Most likely because you didn't have a horse in the race I guess. I understand that Cavs fans are bitter, but to hear all this whining from other teams is useless. Especially other teams who signed a max player of their own. Makes no sense.

Most likely because you didn't have a horse in the race I guess. I understand that Cavs fans are bitter, but to hear all this whining from other teams is useless. Especially other teams who signed a max player of their own. Makes no sense.

Cause they didn't want Amare...and now they are crying about it.

I guess I'm one of the few non-Heat fans that is excited to see how this works? I'll be cheering for them to prove everyone wrong.

x2

I actually like them even more with the hate they're receiving.

lol... forget it. You right.

Ive noticed that whenever I respond to a post of yours you say that same thing rather than actually defend your point. Wanna elaborate on why he's such a coward?

There's little use debating with most people on this site, everyone is entrenched in their opinions and arguing about it only further entrenches them. I think he's a giant coward, that's why I have such disdain towards the Heat right now. If you can recall, I congratulated the Heat on Wade/Bosh. It's not inherently the Heat that is drawing so much ire; it's Mega-Pippen James.

There's little use debating with most people on this site, everyone is entrenched in their opinions and arguing about it only further entrenches them. I think he's a giant coward, that's why I have such disdain towards the Heat right now. If you can recall, I congratulated the Heat on Wade/Bosh. It's not inherently the Heat that is drawing so much ire; it's Mega-Pippen James.

Are you mad that he signed with the Heat, didn't sign with the Knicks or didn't re-sign with the Cavs? Cuz he would have gotten the same reaction if he signed in NYC with Amare because he would be trying to win a championship with another all-star.

Are you mad that he signed with the Heat, didn't sign with the Knicks or didn't re-sign with the Cavs? Cuz he would have gotten the same reaction if he signed in NYC with Amare because he would be trying to win a championship with another all-star.

Bron + Amar'e =/= Bron + Wade + Bosh

TBH, I'm fairly sure I would have been fine with him signing with any of the others (Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Clippers, Cavs) over the assassins squad.

Exactly what I thought

The mixture of Miami being a bad sports town, and the fact that we already had Bosh and Wade is why everyone is hating. Even ESPN is hating, and they usually ride good teams.

If he went to NY, there would be a 3 day special on the history of Knicks basketball and how Lebron brings them back to the glory days, same goes for the Bulls.

Edited by SRV