Cavs To Get Two 1sts, A 2nd and TPE For LeBron

Looks like the Cavs are going to agree to do a sign-and-trade for LeBron and they will get the Heats 1st rounder in 2013 and 2015 as well as two 2nd rounders and the $15M or so TPE.

#Cavs sign-and-trade deal with the Heat for #LeBron has not been finalized but will happen. Sources say Cavs will get 4 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd

He also says that the cavs are going to be looking to make use of that TPE immediately:

The trade exception will last a year but look for the Cavs to start looking on the trade market for a significant piece, sources say.

A sign-and-trade will also be completed for LeBron James with Cleveland as well. The Cavaliers will receive a trade exception worth $16 million and two future first round picks and a second rounder, according to Windhorst.

Miami is trying to find a way to keep Udonis Haslem.

All three will get six-year contracts from the Heat, though they won't get max money

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68033/20100709/raptors_cavs_to_each_receive_two_first_rounders/#ixzz0tF8qTSnt

Edited by Built Ford Tough

What significant piece could they be talking about? I don't think any team right now has a superstar they would possibly trade. Is LeBron getting the extra year in this sign & trade deal?

Edited by magicbalala245

This means Haslem returns, if the JO signing isn't official they can retain him, this means they can use their MLE on Mike Miller or someone else, this gives the Miami Heat so many options.... the Heat problem was depth, if they acquire both via S&T there is NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS TEAM.

This means Haslem returns, if the JO signing isn't official they can retain him, this means they can use their MLE on Mike Miller or someone else, this gives the Miami Heat so many options.... the Heat problem was depth, if they acquire both via S&T there is NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS TEAM.

JO has signed with Boston.

Here is what is posted on RealGM

A sign-and-trade will also be completed for LeBron James with Cleveland as well. The Cavaliers will receive a trade exception worth $16 million and two future first round picks and a second rounder, according to Windhorst.

Miami is trying to find a way to keep Udonis Haslem.

All three will get six-year contracts from the Heat, though they won't get max money.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68033/20100709/raptors_cavs_to_each_receive_two_first_rounders/#ixzz0tF8qTSnt

Looks like it will only be one 2nd rounder but who really cares considering it will be one of the 3rd last picks in the draft.

Actually, it doesn't. All this really does is give Bosh and James the 6 year deal with the 10.5% increases. The Heat only owned Bird Rights on Dwyane Wade and Joel Anthony (I think, not 100% sure). They still have to absorb James and Bosh's salaries (ie, they have to renounce to all of their free agents). They can't exceed the cap to sign Haslem and won't have the MLE to use.

Since everybody is taking a paycut, it doesn open up more salary for the Heat to give to Haslem though, but they still don't have his Bird Rights because they need to be far enough under the cap to absorb the incoming salaries from Bosh and James. Haslem is going to have to still take a decent paycut in order to stay in Miami though, unless James, Wade and Bosh all sign for like $13-14M a season or something, which would give them around $6M to use on Haslem (I think, not 100% sure).

Also, the Miller signing is possible because of the Beasley trade. They basically used the salary that Beasley would've made plus a bit of left over cap (from all three taking around a $800K paycut) and gave it to Miller. Again, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that is what happened with that signing.

I could obviously be wrong, but I am fairly certain that the Heat still won't have Bird Rights on anybody and won't have the MLE to use just because of these S&T's as it basically the exact same as a signing except for the formality of getting the players the 6 years. There is now salary being outputted and is basically a glorified signing for the Heat.

• Like 1

I was almost certain you only had to waive their rights to outright sign them (the situation with Turk is similar to this exact scenario)... by obtaining Hedo by a S&T we retained the rights to our expired guys and also maintained our MLE/LLE. Since they obtained the 2 guys via trade I just assumed that they would retain their rights, as well as the MLE... that would explain why MIA gave up 4 firsts and like 6 picks overall to get these guys via TRADE rather than outright sign them... by obtaining them this way their flexibility to fill their roster out is made extremely easier and more flexible....

I could be wrong too but this is what I thought from the beginning, and the Heat giving up so many firsts assured me of it. Otherwise there is no point in giving away so many assets to me, just to give them the extra year when they would have signed anyways.

I was almost certain you only had to waive their rights to outright sign them (the situation with Turk is similar to this exact scenario)... by obtaining Hedo by a S&T we retained the rights to our expired guys and also maintained our MLE/LLE. Since they obtained the 2 guys via trade I just assumed that they would retain their rights, as well as the MLE... that would explain why MIA gave up 4 firsts and like 6 picks overall to get these guys via TRADE rather than outright sign them... by obtaining them this way their flexibility to fill their roster out is made extremely easier and more flexible....

I could be wrong too but this is what I thought from the beginning, and the Heat giving up so many firsts assured me of it. Otherwise there is no point in giving away so many assets to me, just to give them the extra year when they would have signed anyways.

The difference in the Turkoglu trade is that the Raptors also had salary going out and not just coming in. The Raptors sent out Kris Humphries and Shawn Marion while had the incoming salaries of Antoine Wright, Hedo Turkoglu and Devean George. The incoming/outgoming salaries is what enabled the Raptors to preserve their rights and exceptions because technically, they traded salary off of their own roster to match the salary that they were receiving. Miami doesn't have any outgoing salary in these trades so they need the cap in order to absorb the incoming salaries.

The reason why Miami is giving up these picks is because by having the higher raises, it makes it easier for these three to take a paycut initially which in turn gives them more money to use to fill out the roster for this season. James, Wade and Bosh will be willing to take a larger initial paycut in order to allow the Heat to fill out the roster because they will have bigger annual raises to make up for the initial paycut. At least that is the way that I look at it, which makes perfect sense, at least to me.

Actually, it doesn't. All this really does is give Bosh and James the 6 year deal with the 10.5% increases. The Heat only owned Bird Rights on Dwyane Wade and Joel Anthony (I think, not 100% sure). They still have to absorb James and Bosh's salaries (ie, they have to renounce to all of their free agents). They can't exceed the cap to sign Haslem and won't have the MLE to use.

Since everybody is taking a paycut, it doesn open up more salary for the Heat to give to Haslem though, but they still don't have his Bird Rights because they need to be far enough under the cap to absorb the incoming salaries from Bosh and James. Haslem is going to have to still take a decent paycut in order to stay in Miami though, unless James, Wade and Bosh all sign for like $13-14M a season or something, which would give them around $6M to use on Haslem (I think, not 100% sure).

Also, the Miller signing is possible because of the Beasley trade. They basically used the salary that Beasley would've made plus a bit of left over cap (from all three taking around a $800K paycut) and gave it to Miller. Again, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that is what happened with that signing.

I could obviously be wrong, but I am fairly certain that the Heat still won't have Bird Rights on anybody and won't have the MLE to use just because of these S&T's as it basically the exact same as a signing except for the formality of getting the players the 6 years. There is now salary being outputted and is basically a glorified signing for the Heat.

BFT, you need to make the initials of your moniker MVP because you are dominating OTR with the info you're dropping on this board.