Redick to sign offer sheet with Bulls

Dzy

Orlando Magic restricted free-agent guard J.J. Redick(notes) is close to signing a three-year offer sheet worth about $19 million with the Chicago Bulls, a league executive told Yahoo! Sports.

Redick could sign the agreement as soon as the weekend, a source said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-redickbulls070910

3 years 19 mil. Chicago looking to add more shooters it seems. Will Orlando match the offer?

reddick is turning into a pretty solid player i think his worth that, not to mention he shows up in the playoffs

what would their line-up be? add shooters around rose and boozer and bring deng off the bench?

Rose

Reddick

Cover

Boozer

Noah

or

Rose

Reddick

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Basically Chicago is prying Redick out of Orlando... they could match this but it is such an expensive deal for a guy who is not worth that much. Just continues to reveal the trend that this free agency entails - Way more money to spend then there is players to sign. People are getting over paid left and right. Good pick up for the Bulls though, JJ will fit right in.

Damn, really wanted to retain him. But 19 mil over 3 years is too much, don't know if we can afford that. :poke2:

He may or may not be worth it. But I seriously don't see Orlando matching it. So if he becomes a Bull... best of luck dude, was nice having you around. :thanks:

Magic is considering whether or not to match the offer:

- Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith plans to take "the full seven days" to decide whether to match an offer sheet the Chicago Bulls made for restricted free agent J.J. Redick.

Smith said Saturday that Redick is a "part of our team" and Orlando would"like to keep him."

Source

Magic should definitely match this offer... it is only 3 years which is very manageable, Redick will make the Bulls a lot better with an increased load at the 2.

Beginning to feel the same way, let's retain him. He's got potential, and who knows with Carter. I'm hoping he becomes a bit more adjusted this year... but if not Redick could be a "sure thing."

Trade Carter and Gortat, resign Redick and start him. He didn't quite have a breakout year last year but he showed he's on the cusp of it, I think next year will be his breakout year. Stan REALLY likes him and Otis does too so hopefully we match and also find a way to get rid of Carter and Gortat.

Trade Carter and Gortat, resign Redick and start him. He didn't quite have a breakout year last year but he showed he's on the cusp of it, I think next year will be his breakout year. Stan REALLY likes him and Otis does too so hopefully we match and also find a way to get rid of Carter and Gortat.

If we get rid of Gortat's contract do we go after Al Harrington, or someone else you think? I know Magic shared mutual interest with Harrington, but couldn't afford him due to the Knicks renouncing his rights. I think a S&T was the likely scenario.

Yeah I also heard about us being interested in Harrington. He even said on his twitter, you probably saw, "I like the magic". I think we are also interested in Al Jefferson, could be bs though. But knowing Otis, it'll probably be some player who no one expected. Just like Duhon.