Nets reach deal with Petro

Doc

Seven-footer Johan Petro has reached agreement with the New Jersey Nets on a three-year, $10 million contract, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After two seasons with the Denver Nuggets, Petro, 24, will now play behind New Jersey’s burgeoning young center Brook Lopez.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz070910

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

He has skills.

I remember when Kenyon was injured and he was forced into the starting lineup... he had games in double figures (rebounding), he caught passes (not fumbled them) and finished, and he had some hooks he can rely on. Defensively, he's solid and has potential to be a very good defender.

Only problem with Petro is his assertiveness. He can be quiet passive for long stretches.

From minimum to $3.3 mil a year is sure an upgrade... I guess the Nets saw he has potential. I love Petro but I wouldn't give him this money.

What's to like is our future. People need to chill .. We have just under 29 mil of cap and only used pretty much 10mil split between outlaw and petro.

We got roughly 15 mil+ for next season to sign Melo if he wishes to join. I think we will suprised people this season and make the playoffs.

I ain't worried AT ALL.

Yeah, a little over priced, but like I said before every single free agency signing so far has made the player overpaid. Buts its only 3 million a year, thats basically nothing, so nothing to worry about.

I would be worrried though if I signed someone like Amir Johnson to a 5 year / 34 million deal.... is all I gotta say.

Biggest losers of free agency have to be the Nets. I can understand banking on LBJ and losing out...but now they are just foolishly locking in mediocre players to horrible deals. Outside of drafted Favors, I really don't know what's to like about the next 3 years of the Nets.

You find drafting Favors the only thing to like about the next three years? Even if we may be committing a lot of money to Outlaw and Petro, it isn't like they can't perform. At the same time, people forget about the talent on this team last year simply because of 12-70.

Y'all don't look at the big picture.. Melo had expressed that he wants to leave Denver when his contract is up.. So far the nets have been the only team to hold onto their money.

lol the Knicks will have 25+ mill in cap space next year pal, why would Melo choose NJ over NY?

lol the Knicks will have 25+ mill in cap space next year pal, why would Melo choose NJ over NY?

you said that about LeBron and everyone else... what happened?

one thing is, we will never have a better location than them klashnekfoff to be reality

because we will have a better record, better coach, better location (bk hopefully) and far better 'young' 'untainted' players.

I don't see why he would go to NY.

Lol I can personally guarantee you Melo will not join New Jersey. Someone is in some serious denial. Just face it, ou signed a terrible player for a lot of money.

Lol I can personally guarantee you Melo will not join New Jersey. Someone is in some serious denial. Just face it, ou signed a terrible player for a lot of money.

Its impossible to call him a terrible player since hes so young and since when is 10 million a lot of money when it comes to signing a player? And Beasley's career is over now on a team where he can actually play his own game right? lol your logic never makes sense

Edited by xx.

you said that about LeBron and everyone else... what happened?

Nobody picked NJ over NY, so technically he was right :lol:

one thing is, we will never have a better location than them klashnekfoff to be reality

Errrrr wut?

Its impossible to call him a terrible player since hes so young and since when is 10 million a lot of money when it comes to signing a player? And Beasley's career is over now on a team where he can actually play his own game right? lol your logic never makes sense

10 million dollars to a player who has proven to be nothing more than a below average role player. To me, the Nets are desperate to get some contracts on their roster after failing to get Lebron.

As for the Beasley thing... why even bring that up? My point in that old post was that the former second overall pick being traded for a second round pick is an insult to his potential.

So my logic never makes sense? How about refuting it instead of bringing up one of my points from multiple days ago into a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Biggest losers of free agency have to be the Nets. I can understand banking on LBJ and losing out...but now they are just foolishly locking in mediocre players to horrible deals. Outside of drafted Favors, I really don't know what's to like about the next 3 years of the Nets.

I have to disagree. We put everything in to LeBron James and it was clear he had made his mind up way before a couple days ago. What other moves could we have done? Overpay Amare? Overpay Boozer? Our plan was get LeBron and if not, rebuild with youth which we have done picking up three guys under 25 years of age.

As for Petro's talent. We did overpay him but the Knicks paid the same amount for their backup center and he shoots above 60% from the free throw which Josh Boone got crushed at and like I stated, he's under 25.

In regards to Carmelo, you can say he will go here, we have the cap space and so on...but just like this year, it doesn't make a difference for your roster till he's on it and I'd much rather just build up young players right now than dump salary to compete with an All-Star trio and the Lakers.

10 million dollars to a player who has proven to be nothing more than a below average role player. To me, the Nets are desperate to get some contracts on their roster after failing to get Lebron.

As for the Beasley thing... why even bring that up? My point in that old post was that the former second overall pick being traded for a second round pick is an insult to his potential.

So my logic never makes sense? How about refuting it instead of bringing up one of my points from multiple days ago into a thread that has nothing to do with it.

You're acting as if its 10 million a year. Its only 3.3 millon a year. 3.3 millon out of a 58 million salary cap...... he is 4 percent of our salary cap and you are crying and coming in here OMGGGG TERRIBLE SIGNING OMGGGG... how annoying are you for real

You're acting as if its 10 million a year. Its only 3.3 millon a year. 3.3 millon out of a 58 million salary cap...... he is 4 percent of our salary cap and you are crying and coming in here OMGGGG TERRIBLE SIGNING OMGGGG... how annoying are you for real

I'm crying? I believe all I said he was a terrible signing for that kind of money. He is a minimum contract player at best.

How annoying am I...? Who the [expletive] are you? I didn't say anything to annoy you besides point out the bad decision made by your team. If you wanna cry about it you can get the [expletive] out.

I'm crying? I believe all I said he was a terrible signing for that kind of money. He is a minimum contract player at best.

How annoying am I...? Who the [expletive] are you? I didn't say anything to annoy you besides point out the bad decision made by your team. If you wanna cry about it you can get the [expletive] out.

Yeah I'm gonna get the fuk out of a forum........... LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL