Charles Barkely: "The Toronto Raptors Are Gonna Suck!"

Ahh, good old Sir Charles, telling it like it is.

I also found his comments about Bosh being a very good player but not a great player interesting. I don't know if I classify Bosh a great player or not. If he plays like he did during the first half of last season then I don't think really think it is arguable that he isn't a great player, but if he plays like he did during the 2nd half of the season (other than that one two week stretch or whatever it was) and continues to fade down the stretch, I don't know if you can classify him as a great player.

Then again I seem to have a higher opinion of what "great" or "superstar" or other terms like that than most people. I think those terms get thrown around way too easily.

One thing that may work for or against the Raptors (depends on which side of the "rebuild" vs. "retool" spectrum you are on) is that the East is going to probably be pretty bad next season outside of the top 5 (Miami, Chicago, Orlando, Atlanta and Boston). I guess you can throw Milwaukee into that mix of clear playoff locks as well. Outside of them though, the East is going to probably be pretty pathetic with Toronto, Cleveland, Indiana, Detroit and Washington. All of these teams look like they are going to be pretty "turrible" next season, at least with how their rosters are right now.

I don't know if Toronto is going to be bad enough to win the Harrison Barnes sweepstakes though. Hopefully they get lucky in the lottery becasue I think Colangelo will make the team just good enough to not really be a part of the Barnes sweepstakes.

Also loved the shots he took at the Leafs and Blue Jays. Toronto sports just can't to do anything right lately. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

haha barkley does have a big mouth he's pretty funny though. he's right, they are gonna be pretty awful. and bosh is a VERY GOOD player, but he's not on that GREAT level (although I'd only consider about 3-5 players in the NBA on that level.)

Hopefully he is right, Demar and Davis would be really good complimentary youth/core pieces next to a potential franchise guy that we could lock up if we were a bottom 3 team (I assume at least, I heard this draft is pretty good).

We will probably win 30+ games next year though, I think we are going to do better than people expect without the expectations for once.

Wow, it's hard to say but he's telling the truth... Bargnani and Jack have to do it all on their own pretty much...

really? You're a Raptors fan no? you should know that DeRozan is going to become a great player for the Raptors. All the players will have more playing time and I'm sure Weems will have a better season then he did last season. Amir Johnson will also have more playing time which will help him to develop even more. Ed Davis will also have more playing time and he will make our team much more better on the defensive end...

Anyways, these players I named are pretty exciting and I can't wait to see Ed Davis play in the NBA. It will be hard to make the playoffs but I'm sure the Raps won't be the worst team