If Wade ends up with 7 rings

reno

And keeps up similar season stats hes been having in his career, would he be considered the goat?

6 time all star so far probably will end up with 14, and I guess he would be 7 time finals mvp when all things are said and done? Would that be enough to put him over jordan or kobe? Wade is also probably one of the most clutch players come playoff time.

I wouldn't say GOAT because thats not allowed, but he would be one of the top players of all time. However, people aren't going to respect it if it happens just because of the team he has around him right now.

No.

First of all, he wouldn't have similar stats because he has Lebron and Bosh as teammates.

Second of all, he isn't really "leading" his team to those rings with the kind of help he has on his team. Jordan had Pippen and other great players, but none who were considered top players in the entire league at the time like Lebron is portrayed. Jordan led his team to all those championships, and will always be remembered as the GOAT for the way he revolutionized the way the game is played.

I don't see how three players who are all considered to be in the top ten of players throughout the league can get any type of that recognition solely because of what I mentioned. It's like getting 3 of the first ten picks in a fantasy draft. Anything they win will be because of the fact that they have that many top ten players. Not one player will get sole credit. No matter who the finals mvp is.

This is why rings are so overrated in single player debates, technically if MJ is > Kobe because of his 6 rings this same theory should apply should it not?

That's not the only reason Jordan is considered better than Kobe...

all 3 of them will be measured in the end by the WAY they win...if its consistent dominance year after year after year, and individual greatness and team sacrifice...then they will not be much different than magic-kareem-worthy , despite being together, they will still be honored because what they are doing is not common and very hard to pull off, so if it results in success, then you can't take anything away from them

but in terms of GOAT...jordan (leader)-pippen(great 2nd man)-great role players > anyone thus far ...again..BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE WON...despite having scottie..despite that 72 wins which you would assume 1 player cannot accomplish alone in a team sport...., what do we remember? we remember his clutch shots, we remember him saving his team time and time again by takin over offensively and defensively etc. etc. in the playoffs, and finals

all 3 of them will be measured in the end by the WAY they win...if its consistent dominance year after year after year, and individual greatness and team sacrifice...then they will not be much different than magic-kareem-worthy , despite being together, they will still be honored because what they are doing is not common and very hard to pull off, so if it results in success, then you can't take anything away from them

but in terms of GOAT...jordan (leader)-pippen(great 2nd man)-great role players > anyone thus far ...again..BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE WON...despite having scottie..despite that 72 wins which you would assume 1 player cannot accomplish alone in a team sport...., what do we remember? we remember his clutch shots, we remember him saving his team time and time again by takin over offensively and defensively etc. etc. in the playoffs, and finals

Something Lebron can't do. :lol:

You can't deny, Wade is a beast in the playoffs, aside from recent years where his teams suck, when he has a good team, he does damage and is extremely clutch. Hell, he hit a game winner in his first ever playoff game, and he saved us from getting swept by the Mavs in the finals.

Greatness is measured by your playoff performance, and Wade has proven to be a great player when he has help around him. If he continues this, I don't see why it should be taken away from him because he actually has a team now.

Edited by SRV

No.

First of all, he wouldn't have similar stats because he has Lebron and Bosh as teammates.

Second of all, he isn't really "leading" his team to those rings with the kind of help he has on his team. Jordan had Pippen and other great players, but none who were considered top players in the entire league at the time like Lebron is portrayed. Jordan led his team to all those championships, and will always be remembered as the GOAT for the way he revolutionized the way the game is played.

You really need to do some research or watch some Bulls games. You are trying to downgrade Scottie Pippen, who was one of the premier players in the league at the time, and Jordan also had one of the best rebounders of all-time on his team. It's no coincidence that when he didn't have Rodman or Grant, he never won a title.

• Like 1

You really need to do some research or watch some Bulls games. You are trying to downgrade Scottie Pippen, who was one of the premier players in the league at the time, and Jordan also had one of the best rebounders of all-time on his team. It's no coincidence that when he didn't have Rodman or Grant, he never won a title.

How am I downgrading Pippen? Read my post again, and around the forum where I've talked about Pippen. I have stressed many times that Pippen is a top 50 player of all time and was always there when Jordan won a championship. Despite how great of a player he was, Jordan was the one who led them to their championships.

And I watched the Bulls during the Jordan/Pippen era, and own many of the old games on DVD and have actually watched some of them fairly recently. My parents were huge Michael Jordan fans so I grew up watching him (granted I was too young to really understand basketball at the time but you get my point :lol: )

Edited by JWaLL