Nets hire Billy King

Newman

Source

Former Philadelphia 76ers general manager Billy King has accepted an executive position to run basketball operations for the New Jersey Nets and will be formally introduced at a news conference Thursday.

King and former Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry both interviewed for the position over the weekend and were the frontrunners for the job over former Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard. Jeff Bower, fired on Tuesday as the New Orleans Hornets' GM, had also interviewed for the position but pulled his name out of consideration earlier this month.

King was president of the 76ers from 2003 through December of 2007, when he was fired by team chairman Ed Snider and replaced by Ed Stefanski -- ironically, the GM of the Nets at the time.

How? Thorn gave him 15 mil, young players, small contracts.. Nothing past 3 years for anyone I think..

King has NO excuse for failure with that.

You don't know Billy King that well, then. :lol:

I know how he was with the sixers but he has a good situation here .. I don't see how he can fail.

Billy King had an in his prime Iverson when he was here...and you know how THAT turned out.

eh... would have loved to get Pritchard

I personally think Nets are grooming Bobby Marks but does not have enough connects to be a full time guy. The moves will be made going through him, Avery and King IMO. That really explains why we didn't get Pritchard because I assume he wanted the full control over the moves.

I personally think Nets are grooming Bobby Marks but does not have enough connects to be a full time guy. The moves will be made going through him, Avery and King IMO. That really explains why we didn't get Pritchard because I assume he wanted the full control over the moves.

spot on. What I was thinkin also.. I am over pritchard now .. We have good staff now in the front office.