Are the Jazz better or worse?

JYD

Key Departures: Boozer, Korver

Key Additions: Jefferson, Bell

Personally I think I like the Jefferson/Bell combo more, but maybe that's just me. What do you guys think?

• Owner

Boozer is better for Utah than Jefferson, and there's too much uncertainty with Jefferson's health right now.

And Bell is the better defensive player, while Korver is the best shooter in the league. Problem is, again, we don't know how much Bell will contribute due to his health, and the Jazz are probably losing Wesley Matthews, who is a very good defender.

Utah will struggle a bit more next season.

Jefferson is the better player than Boozer overall to me. Korver is definitely better than Bell at this point. Utah won't be able to utilize the pick and roll with Al Jeff as much as they did with Boozer.. but with Al Jeff they have someone they can throw the ball down into and let go to work. Adjustments are goign to have to be made by both the Jazz and Jefferson if this pairing is going to be a success.... you can definitely expect Al to be a 20-10 player again this year.

This Hayward kid has game though, will be interesting to see if he gets run his first season, don't be surprised if Bell doesn't play more than 10 MPG this year.

To answer the question, I think they might struggle out of the gate, but in terms of overall talent they added better players (or assets at least, I am considering age here too), I think their record might be worse but Jefferson is a player, he got traded for KG for a reason.

Edited by travesy3

I think the Jazz will be better.

Jefferson is not as good in the pick and roll, but Paul Millsap is as good as Boozer and has had 4 years in the system. What Jefferson gives the Jazz is a back to the basket guy who can score in the paint and who has size. The Jazz actually do not run the pick and roll as much as you might think. yeah they do run it a lot, but it's not the Stockton and Malone days when they ran it 320 plays in a row.

The Jazz definately have some work to do, and health of a few players is really a concern. Jefferson seemed fine the last few months of last year so his health isn't really a concern to me. D-Wills wrist is, as is AK's 40,000 different injuries, and Memo's achilles.

When you break down what the Jazz lost compared to what the Jazz in this off-season I think they gained more or at least came out equal to last season. Jefferson can and will be able to replace Boozer. They are not identical players but the Jazz system is very forgiving to bigmen like Jefferson. Hayward replaces Korver and gives the Jazz so much more. A lot of people act like losing Korver was this big loss, it really wasn't. Korver is a one dimensional player, Hayward is much more. Hayward is an athlete who can shoot, drive, dribble and pass oh and play some semblance of defense and not curl up like a little girl. Raja Bell is basically what Wes Matthews will be like in 10 years. The Jazz do lose some athleticism here but gain much needed veteran leadership.

The Jazz still have some filling out to do. They have 9 guys under contract and 3 guys who are under contract but do not have gaurentees. The Jazz need to add another big. I think they'll re-sign Fesenko. he sucks but he's seven foot and can clog the lane. I'd also like to see them get a better back up PG.

Jazz predicted rotation:

C: Jefferson/Okur/Fesenko

F: Millsap/Okur/Kirilenko/Evans

F:Miles/Kirilenko/Hayward/Jeffers

G:Bell/Miles/Jeffers

G:Williams/Price/Gains

Dont know, Boozer seemed a lot more mobile and was perfect for the pick and roll basketball.

I think they got slightly worse.

Lol at non Jazz fans?

Al Jefferson was very effective in the pick and roll

http://i29.tinypic.com/29gofg3.jpg

Jefferon>Boozer

Best post moves in the Nba

When's the last time Boozer has been able to take over a game by himself without no help from Deron pick and rolls?

When's the last time Boozer was able to completly dominate a team in the post.

When's the last time Boozer was able to play center and averge 13 rebs a game.

When's the Last time Boozer was nearly the offensive rebounder Jefferson was?

When's the last time Boozer was able to put up 40 in a game by himself?

When's the last time Boozer demanded the ball and forced the issue?

When's the last time Boozer was forced to be double teamed when he caught the ball?

And I guess you haven't heard of someone named Gorden Hayward

He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player

He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

He wasn't a good defender in college?

He spent most of his time defending power forwards whiles his natural position is the 3. But he was still effective because he never gives up on plays he ralerly gives his man lanes to the basket . He also uses his Iq on the defensive end and understand the tendencies of the players he's guarding.

He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

Go look at his statistics when he was just a knockdown shooter. He had one of the highest percents in college

He's been a great 3 point shooter ever since he game into college

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6AdlhgwqWo

And he's nonathletic(According to you guys) so he's a scrub? Then why draft Evan Turner lolz?

Evan Turner vs Gordon Hayward

Age 21 20

Height 6'7 6'8

Weight 214 211

Reach 8'7.5 8'7

No step vert 27.5 30.5

Max vert 34.5 34.5

Max vert reach 11'6 11.5

Bench reps 9 10

Agil 11.06 11.73

Sprint 3.27 3.22

Hand size 8.75x9.5 8.5x9.25

Jefferson,Bell,Hayward>Boozer,Korver,

Edited by Years

I actually like Jefferson's game over Boozer. I wouldn't consider him a huge upgrade, but he is definitely the epitome of the perfect Boozer replacement in their system. Plus, Gordon Hayward was added as well who is proving to be a very talented forward. I would say they got better.

The biggest think you get from Al Jefferson that you didn't get from Boozer is the ability to single handedly take over games

Well with all due respect, Boozer did have one of the top point guards in Deron Williams to take over games, while Jefferson was the star player on the weak roster of Minnesota.