Anthony or Durant

*Swish*

I'm sure this thread has been created already but I'm new and I want to see your opinions.

so here:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_carmelo_anthony.jpghttp://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_kevin_durant.jpg

Durant averaged this season 30 points 7.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game while Carmelo Anthony averaged 28.2 points 6.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game.

Both players could be clutch when their team need them the most. Both of them are great shooters, great scorers and good rebounders.

Which player has a better chance of winning a championship?

which player is more clutch?

Which player would you rather have in your team?

I still think Anthony is the better player. On offense, he has a more diverse game with the post moves and inside game that Durant just doesn't have yet. Defensively it's kind of a wash, but I'd take Anthony there as well because of his size advantage. Also, as talented as Durant is, he's only going into his 4th season, and he's been to the post-season just once. Anthony is a veteran who's won Olympic Gold and led his team to the WCF. I would trust him more as my #1 option this upcoming season to lead my team deep into the playoffs.

• Like 1

Which player has a better chance of winning a championship? With the Heat and Lakers, I want to say neither will win, but if Melo stays with the Nuggets, I say he will win first, but they could both win with their teams.

Which player is more clutch? Durant

Which player would you rather have in your team? If I needed scoring, Durant, but Melo is more rounded in my opinion

to compare these two players you got to compare every aspects of the game.

Kevin Durant is taller and is a better rebounder but he's SO WEAK! Carmelo is so strong and could post up easily and drive to the basket more and easier then Durant. Yeah Durant was better this season and won the scoring title but that doesn't prove anything. Yeah he scored a lot of points and was on an amazing streak (25+ points for so much games in a row!) and yeah OKC had a good series against the Lakers! so what? Carmelo is stronger but he's shorter. both of them are pretty clutch but who's clutcher? I think it's Durant. In my opinion it's really hard to compare these 2 players. they don't have the same body at all. Carmelo has more experience, even played with Allen Iverson. Kevin Durant doesn't have a lot of experience but is starting to become one of the best players in the league and in my opinion, in 2 or 3 years, he will be a lot better then Carmelo.

Who would I rather have?

I'd rather have Kevin Durant. It's amazing to have such an amazing talented player when he's still so young! also, Durant is a better rebounder and it's always important to have a great rebounder on your team.

Which player is more clutch?

Both players showed us they should come on the floor and make the important shots to make their teams win. Melo made more clutch shots because he has more experience so I'd take him.

Durant and Carmelo have completely different supporting cast! Durant has such a young team with great player like Westbrook, Ibaka etc.

Carmelo has an experience team with Billups, Kenyon Martin etc. But who has a better chance of getting a ring? well... except Westbrook, Kevin Durant doesn't have such a great team, and Carmelo has a better team with Mr. Big shot and the other players. But in the future, I think Kevin Durant has a better chance of winning a championship. His team are just youngsters so they'll just improve along with him

Durant is so overrated, I remember dudes saying he was the MVP last year which was rather hilarious, I don't even like Melo but he is definitely better. Will Durant eventually be better? Maybe, hell even probably, but right now Melo is better offensively and defensively (which is sad because Melo is nothing special defensively). I think KD got somewhat exposed by Artest in the playoffs, he kept taking stepback after stepback but Ron just locked him up.

I love KD's attitude, I love his overall game and skillset combined with his size and athleticism, but he isn't going into the discussion with superstars like Melo quite yet for me. He needs to come back next year even more complete, he needs to keep getting better on both sides of the ball and become more than just a scorer.

Edited by travesy3
  • Like 1

Durant is so overrated, I remember dudes saying he was the MVP last year which was rather hilarious, I don't even like Melo but he is definitely better. Will Durant eventually be better? Maybe, hell even probably, but right now Melo is better offensively and defensively (which is sad because Melo is nothing special defensively). I think KD got somewhat exposed by Artest in the playoffs, he kept taking stepback after stepback but Ron just locked him up.

I love KD's attitude, I love his overall game and skillset combined with his size and athleticism, but he isn't going into the discussion with superstars like Melo quite yet for me. He needs to come back next year even more complete, he needs to keep getting better on both sides of the ball and become more than just a scorer.

lol at calling him overrated. MVP doesnt mean the best player, most valuable.. he took a team from 23 wins to a 51 win playoff team what challenged the defending champs to 6 games loosing but a putback. (even if thy were banged up)

ill finish this later cbf now..

lol at calling him overrated. MVP doesnt mean the best player, most valuable.. he took a team from 23 wins to a 51 win playoff team what challenged the defending champs to 6 games loosing but a putback. (even if thy were banged up)

ill finish this later cbf now..

Saying he was the MVP last year was saying he had a better season than LeBron James did, which is indeed overrating him... he is a superstar but I'm not sure he is a top 5 player currently.

i dont recall anyone saying he should of been the MVP but he was certainly in the discussion and rightfully so. In all honesty i thought wade should of won it last year and the year before that.

and you also say he got exposed imo he didnt (could be the homer speaking within) lakers focused their defense on him, green was hardly guarded as with harden. i dont agree when people say westbrook got "locked down" because all the lakers did was stand 5 feet away from him and he couldnt penetrate. for a 3rd year player 1st time playing in the playoffs i say he did a pretty good job. coaching staff should of put the ball in his hands and let him go to work using a pick and roll that would of been so much more effective than posting him up against artest or running him around screens.

I would say that Melo has a better chance to win a ring because his team is much better especially with Karl on the bench. The Thunder right now are very young even thought they made the playoffs this year.

Which player is more clutch?

I would have to say Melo because i have seen him take and make more big shots than Durant. KD has a tendency to take dumb [expletive] deep three pointers near the end of the game.

Which player would you rather have in your team?

That depends if I am looking to win right now it would Melo without question. If i was still looking to build and let my players grow for a little bit it would be Durant. Really depends on the situation.

wow this is kinda tough

Which player has a better chance of winning a championship? Melo

which player is more clutch? Melo again, I have seen Melo hit some big shots

Which player would you rather have in your team? of course Melo again lol

Edited by Hayes1

To those saying Melo has a better chance to win a championship, I'd give the edge to Durant. Durant is focusing on the "now" rather than the later, as opposed to Melo who has been talking about possibly playing for another team (i.e the Knicks). Melo denied his extremely high extension offer, which makes it pretty obvious that he is leaning towards playing elsewhere. Durant is loyal to his city and has already signed an extension with his team. He seems determined to remain their leader and build a franchise around him and his other core players (Westbrook, Green, Harden, etc.).

We've seen what happens to players who get distracted by the future; they don't seem to win. LeBenedict Arnold ring any bells?

To those saying Melo has a better chance to win a championship, I'd give the edge to Durant. Durant is focusing on the "now" rather than the later, as opposed to Melo who has been talking about possibly playing for another team (i.e the Knicks). Melo denied his extremely high extension offer, which makes it pretty obvious that he is leaning towards playing elsewhere. Durant is loyal to his city and has already signed an extension with his team. He seems determined to remain their leader and build a franchise around him and his other core players (Westbrook, Green, Harden, etc.).

We've seen what happens to players who get distracted by the future; they don't seem to win. LeBenedict Arnold ring any bells?

The thing is that Melo has the better supporting cast going into 2010-2011, and next off-season could sign with a new super-team in which he'd be in a position to seriously contend for the next 4-5 years. Durant is going to be at the Thunder's mercy for the next few seasons, and they still have a lot of talent to add before they could take out both the Lakers and EC champ is in the same post-season.

you cant say anything about LeBron yet because yes maybe he moved to a different team because he wanted to win, but he hasnt even played a full season or even a game with Miami yet so u cant say that he hasn't won because he hasn't even played a game with Miami. No chance for him to win yet. His team in Cleveland was made to do good in the regular season not the post season and the same thing with Mike Brown. Good Regular season team but a [expletive] playoff team you cant blame it all on LeBron.

you cant say anything about LeBron yet because yes maybe he moved to a different team because he wanted to win, but he hasnt even played a full season or even a game with Miami yet so u cant say that he hasn't won because he hasn't even played a game with Miami. No chance for him to win yet. His team in Cleveland was made to do good in the regular season not the post season and the same thing with Mike Brown. Good Regular season team but a [expletive] playoff team you cant blame it all on LeBron.

I was referring to his time in Cleveland, not Miami. He had his mind focused on where he will end up for the 2010-2011 season during the playoffs. He gave up in the playoffs, making it obvious that he wouldn't return there. Now that Lebron is a part of one of the most stacked Big 3's in the history of the NBA, he may have a chance... :rolleyes:

I was referring to his time in Cleveland, not Miami. He had his mind focused on where he will end up for the 2010-2011 season during the playoffs. He gave up in the playoffs, making it obvious that he wouldn't return there. Now that Lebron is a part of one of the most stacked Big 3's in the history of the NBA, he may have a chance... :rolleyes:

hahah not that he MAY have a chance it's he WILL have an extremely high chance to win a championship and im 100% sure that he will win at least 2 at least before tht fourth year when they all can opt out of their contract to find another team via free agency.

hahah not that he MAY have a chance it's he WILL have an extremely high chance to win a championship and im 100% sure that he will win at least 2 at least before tht fourth year when they all can opt out of their contract to find another team via free agency.

Lol well I don't see much of a difference between "may have a chance" and "will have a chance". He has a chance to win championships now lol sound better?

Lol well I don't see much of a difference between "may have a chance" and "will have a chance". He has a chance to win championships now lol sound better?

haha yes tht is much better! haha because i think theres a big difference :D