Rich Cho named Trail Blazers general manager

http://media.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/photo/rich-cho-blazersjpg-fd58d622dfc7fa6e_small.jpg

Rich Cho named Trail Blazers general manager

--------------

"Rich Cho will be the next general manager of the Trail Blazers.

The Oklahoma City Thunder assistant general manager interviewed with the team last week in Las Vegas and will be named today. Known as a young and bright executive who has degrees in engineering and law, Cho replaces Kevin Pritchard, who was fired on June 24.

More on Cho from the Blazers' release:

"Rich is the perfect fit for our organization," Blazers president Larry Miller said. "He has the right balance of basketball knowledge, business acumen and tremendous people skills. Everyone I spoke to about Rich commented not just on his qualifications but on who he is as a person. He is well known for his ability to connect genuinely with people. Rich will be a great fit for our organization and for Portland. He is an executive on the rise and we're thrilled to have him as a Trail Blazer."

Cho, who becomes the ninth general manager in Trail Blazers history, joins the Trail Blazers after spending the past nine seasons as assistant general manager of the Seattle SuperSonics/Oklahoma City Thunder.

"I am extremely humbled and grateful for this opportunity, and I will do everything I can to help this great team get even better," said Rich Cho. "When I met with Mr. Allen, Larry Miller, and coach McMillan, it was immediately apparent to me that this organization has an incredible commitment to winning. As someone who grew up in the northwest, I'm aware of the unbelievable passion and support that Trail Blazers fans have, and I'm excited to be a part of this rich tradition."

---

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/07/rich_cho_to_be_named_trail_bla.html