McGee Jordan's dunk

For a guy of his size, that was unbelievable. :blink:

+1. that's exactly what I'm thinking! he's really athletic and he catches EVERY alley-oops even though it's horrible passes. This guy has invisible wings :P he's REALLY athletic for a big man

+1. that's exactly what I'm thinking! he's really athletic and he catches EVERY alley-oops even though it's horrible passes. This guy has invisible wings :P he's REALLY athletic for a big man

Horrible passes? What are you talking about?

McGee performing well in the summer league isn't something I care about. I believe last year he played well too. But come November, he always struggles because centers are either too big for him to post up, or too skilled for him to defend, making him completely useless on the court. Yeah he played well the past week or two, but it's nothing to get excited about. He has a low bball IQ and isn't what I would call, "skilled". All he is right now is an athletic freak.

That dunk got him an invite to Team USA

Wow.... they're awful this year

That's not why he was invited... sure the invite was surprising but how dumb do you think Team USA is with selecting players to fill the roster? One dunk wouldn't conclude a decision...

Edited by JWaLL

That's not why he was invited... sure the invite was surprising but how dumb do you think Team USA is with selecting players to fill the roster? One dunk wouldn't conclude a decision...

You gotta stop taking things so seriously lolol

McGee performing well in the summer league isn't something I care about. I believe last year he played well too. But come November, he always struggles because centers are either too big for him to post up, or too skilled for him to defend, making him completely useless on the court. Yeah he played well the past week or two, but it's nothing to get excited about. He has a low bball IQ and isn't what I would call, "skilled". All he is right now is an athletic freak.

He wasn't nearly as dominant in summer league last year as he was this year. And he grew an inch and put on 20 lbs of muscle since last year.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/07/18/20100718_SL_best_McGee.nba/

You gotta start realizing you aren't as funny as you think you are lolol

bro i dont know watcha talkin bout but i am considered the greatest of all time round here brah.... seriously i am the funniest kid on here. i cant think of one person here that can even lick my shoes or toes or be allowed to give me a bj, yeah pretty big deal

He wasn't nearly as dominant in summer league last year as he was this year. And he grew an inch and put on 20 lbs of muscle since last year.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/07/18/20100718_SL_best_McGee.nba/

Gyula :wub:

He's still extremely raw offensively, all of these dunks and flashy highlights of him dunking over people will not be what we see come November. I just don't trust his skillset yet, I might be extremely pessimistic here, but he still has a long way to go.

He needs to bulk up more, but more importantly, needs to learn how to play with his back to the basket. He's not a good man to man defender either.

Lmao at the ending, long freaking arms! big thang down low too i bet

I love you so much Danny haha.

So he's athletic, but looks so awkward haha. Regardless, sick dunk. Wasn't that originally a Dr. J dunk though? Or maybe Dominique... I think Dr. J though, not Jordan even though he did it.

Gyula :wub:

He's still extremely raw offensively, all of these dunks and flashy highlights of him dunking over people will not be what we see come November. I just don't trust his skillset yet, I might be extremely pessimistic here, but he still has a long way to go.

He needs to bulk up more, but more importantly, needs to learn how to play with his back to the basket. He's not a good man to man defender either.

Well I guess you're right in a way that he can't do the two most important things an NBA center should be good at: posting up, and defending other big men one on one. But he's got a tremendous skill set. He's got a solid shot, REALLY good ball handling for his size, amazing sense of blocking shots, good offensive rebounding... Yeah he's raw, but I see him blossoming this year.

And Kirby I'm pretty sure it was Dr. J's dunk, but MJ did it better.

Edited by Bean Burrito

Well I guess you're right in a way that he can't do the two most important things an NBA center should be good at: posting up, and defending other big men one on one. But he's got a tremendous skill set. He's got a solid shot, REALLY good ball handling for his size, amazing sense of blocking shots, good offensive rebounding... Yeah he's raw, but I see him blossoming this year.

And Kirby I'm pretty sure it was Dr. J's dunk, but MJ did it better.

I don't know about that..

His shot is below average IMO, it's extremely awkward to even watch, it seems like he's trying to emulate Jamison's version of the "scoop shot" but it's not working.

He does not have an amazing sense for blocking shots, not close even. That's one thing that I personally feel is an overrated aspect of his game. He gambles far too much, and if you can recall last year, he goaltended probably twice a game... He's just not smart, he has a low bball IQ and at times, looks completely lackadaisical on the court.

I hope he proves me wrong, I hope he does blossom this year, but for now, he's nothing more than a journeyman hoping not to get replaced by next years draft.

I don't know about that..

His shot is below average IMO, it's extremely awkward to even watch, it seems like he's trying to emulate Jamison's version of the "scoop shot" but it's not working.

He does not have an amazing sense for blocking shots, not close even. That's one thing that I personally feel is an overrated aspect of his game. He gambles far too much, and if you can recall last year, he goaltended probably twice a game... He's just not smart, he has a low bball IQ and at times, looks completely lackadaisical on the court.

I hope he proves me wrong, I hope he does blossom this year, but for now, he's nothing more than a journeyman hoping not to get replaced by next years draft.

This really is the most pessimistic you've ever been, lol. He blocks shots like he's playing NBA Street Vol. 2! Yeah he goaltends, but that's just him being 22 years old.

This really is the most pessimistic you've ever been, lol. He blocks shots like he's playing NBA Street Vol. 2! Yeah he goaltends, but that's just him being 22 years old.

Lol, well I developed this new mentality after I predicted the Wizards winning 50+ games last year :lol:

• Like 1