Adrian Peterson Or Chris Johnson

EastCoastNiner

Adrian Peterson Or Chris Johnson  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How is CJ's speed going to catch up to him? Do you really think defenses are going to be able to catch him soon? He's like [expletive]ing 24 or something. You could say that in like 5 years or something..

Yes, I think they will be able to contain him better. He may still rush for 1,500 yards+, but I just think Adrian Peterson is the whole package, especially if he stops fumbling a lot, which is a big question mark.

Also, DaBearsFan is would say Thomas Jones or someone of his caliber is better than Adrian Peterson just because they don't play in the NFC North.

Breakaway speed-Chris Johnson

Strength- Adrian Peterson

Allusiveness/juking ability-tie

Blocking-tie

Receiving-Chris Johnson

Ball Security- Chris Johnson

Overall: Chris Johnson is the better back, there aren't any glaring weaknesses in his game, he's a complete back. Adrian Peterson is one of the most fumble prone rb's in the league, and until he can learn to secure the ball I don't see how you can make a case for him as the best back in the league. And also according to reports Chris Johnson has added on a lot of muscle this offseason, if that doesn't take away from his speed then the dude is just going to be impossible to stop. What he did last season was just phenomenal, the Titans had a weak passing game yet he rushed for 2000 yards.

Edited by Confidence

It's funny how Adrian Peterson goes from being arguable the most talented HB that people have ever seen and the clear-cut best HB in the NFL to 2nd place behind Chris Johnson. :lol: .

Not to mention I heard a poll the other day that asked this question to GM's, and it was UNANIMOUS for Adrian Peterson.

Also, this is a decent analysis of their respective O-Lines.

http://profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=169

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Also, as I mentioned in the post about, Sports Illustrated asked six NFL personnel and six NFL players, and both were unanimous in their decisions, but for different players.

The personnel all said Adrian Peterson, and the players all said Chris Johnson. That's really surprising to me, and I would seem to think the players know the skill-sets very well, but the personnel get to see many more games than the actual players and scout more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/12/17/rbs/index.html

Rushing Stats

Chris Johnson - 358 carries - 2,006 yards - 5.6 avg - 14 tds

Adrian Peterson - 314 carries - 1,383 yards - 4.4 avg - 18 tds

Not to mention the Titans have a very weak passing game which makes Chris Johnson's job that much harder. Vikings had Favre and passing threats which opened up some holes for AP some games. Peterson might be playing in a tougher division but that definitely would not change my decision. I would take Chris Johnson over Peterson anyday.

Edited by Prodigy

Peterson. You can count on him being there, and although Johnson has been nothing short of amazing in every game he's played, he's just a lot less surefire if you ask me.

If AP can fix his fumbles, then he's gonna be the #1 back again IMO.

Rushing Stats

Chris Johnson - 358 carries - 2,006 yards - 5.6 avg - 14 tds

Adrian Peterson - 314 carries - 1,383 yards - 4.4 avg - 18 tds

Not to mention the Titans have a very weak passing game which makes Chris Johnson's job that much harder. Vikings had Favre and passing threats which opened up some holes for AP some games. Peterson might be playing in a tougher division but that definitely would not change my decision. I would take Chris Johnson over Peterson anyday.

You're living in the past with the Vikings O-Line. The Titans O-Line is better than the Vikings O-Line, and Brett Farve was under pressure all season long.

It's funny how Adrian Peterson goes from being arguable the most talented HB that people have ever seen and the clear-cut best HB in the NFL to 2nd place behind Chris Johnson. :lol: .

Not to mention I heard a poll the other day that asked this question to GM's, and it was UNANIMOUS for Adrian Peterson.

Also, this is a decent analysis of their respective O-Lines.

http://profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=169

It's funny how LT went from being the best HB in the league to a backup.

Running backs are quickly outclassed

• Like 1

I agree with ECN. I'm still taking Adrian Peterson.

A couple of fumbles and everyone has completely soured on the kid. CJ2K is the flavor of the month right now, but Peterson's going to get back on track. It's not like he was ever off track, anyways.

One thing Adrian Peterson is criminally underrated for is his ability to pick up blitzes. He's every good at it.

Give me dash, no, a few fumbles would not knock me right off a running back, 16 in the last 2 years would. That's a fumble every other game, which is absolutley pathetic. The running backs #1 prioirty is to protect the ball, Peterson fails at doing that. When teams run they are supposed to feel safe in the fact that they will not turn the ball over that play. If he fixes that problem I'd like him more, but right now give me CJ.

Give me dash, no, a few fumbles would not knock me right off a running back, 16 in the last 2 years would. That's a fumble every other game, which is absolutley pathetic. The running backs #1 prioirty is to protect the ball, Peterson fails at doing that. When teams run they are supposed to feel safe in the fact that they will not turn the ball over that play. If he fixes that problem I'd like him more, but right now give me CJ.

No, the number one job is for the HB to score, and Adrian Peterson is far better at that than Chris Johnson.

No, the number one job is for the HB to score, and Adrian Peterson is far better at that than Chris Johnson.

No, the number one job for the HB is to protect the ball, I don't know what sport your watching.

You can say Adrian Peterson is a little better than Chris Johnson and have a reasonable argument. Calling him far better just makes you look dumb, don't know why you have to go for the extremes when arguing a players value.

BTW Chris Johnson is clearly better because....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5H_B95bEtY

He doesn't run upright...;)