Adrian Peterson Or Chris Johnson

EastCoastNiner

Adrian Peterson Or Chris Johnson  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One fantastic season and people are calling Johnson the best RB? He's on one of my favorite teams, but boy.. don't jump on the wagon, yet.

I never called him the best, just said I'd want him over Peterson ;).

One fantastic season and people are calling Johnson the best RB? He's on one of my favorite teams, but boy.. don't jump on the wagon, yet.

His rookie season was also pretty good when put into comparison. Way less carries but still over 1200 yards on a terrific team that season. I don't know why people didn't realize before the start of last season that the guy had talent. I got him in the second round of my fantasy league and people thought I was taking him too early

Edited by Lkr

• 1 year later...

Give me dash, no, a few fumbles would not knock me right off a running back, 16 in the last 2 years would. That's a fumble every other game, which is absolutley pathetic. The running backs #1 prioirty is to protect the ball, Peterson fails at doing that. When teams run they are supposed to feel safe in the fact that they will not turn the ball over that play. If he fixes that problem I'd like him more, but right now give me CJ.

:) Peterson suceeds in protecting the ball now, and now he is better. :)

Got shit on today? I'll just find a thread that doesn't have any new opinions since the summer of 2010! That'll show 'em!

That's weird. There's been five posts in the past week in this thread, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to notice that.

You fail, yet again.

*Waits for iwill to backtrack and make an excuse as usual*

Edited by EastCoastNiner

That's weird. There's been five posts in the past week in this thread, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to notice that.

You fail, yet again.

*Waits for iwill to backtrack and make an excuse as usual*

Bro, take [expletive]ing English 101. Or, if you're free on a weekend, I can run you through my reading comprehension course.. I charge a fee, though.

I said that there were no new opinions. New post =/= new opinion.. right? So who the [expletive] cares if there were 5 new posts (3 from you)? There are no new opinions, and you're basically talking to yourself.. all because you don't look like a "genius" anywhere else.

Typical ECN.. nothing of substance to say, so you throw out your typical "I wouldn't expect you.." or "Saw this one coming..", and then throw in a "fail" comment at the end. Your act is getting repetitive, time to spice it up. Be a better poster.

• Like 1

Bro, take [expletive]ing English 101. Or, if you're free on a weekend, I can run you through my reading comprehension course.. I charge a fee, though.

I said that there were no new opinions. New post =/= new opinion.. right? So who the [expletive] cares if there were 5 new posts (3 from you)? There are no new opinions, and you're basically talking to yourself.. all because you don't look like a "genius" anywhere else.

Typical ECN.. nothing of substance to say, so you throw out your typical "I wouldn't expect you.." or "Saw this one coming..", and then throw in a "fail" comment at the end. Your act is getting repetitive, time to spice it up. Be a better poster.

Fish had a new opinion, and you you mention a post with substance, but what substance did yours have? It's a thread talking about two players, but as usual, you don't like to discuss the topic at hand.

The running backs #1 prioirty is to protect the ball, Peterson fails at doing that. When teams run they are supposed to feel safe in the fact that they will not turn the ball over that play. If he fixes that problem I'd like him more, but right now give me CJ.

:) Peterson suceeds in protecting the ball now, and now he is better. :)

This is not a change in opinion. He said that Peterson is better if he hangs on to the ball, and then noted that he now hangs on to the ball. That changed.. how?

Fish had a new opinion, and you you mention a post with substance, but what substance did yours have? It's a thread talking about two players, but as usual, you don't like to discuss the topic at hand.

Kinda like how you brought up Ben Roethlisberger raping a chick in a bathroom stall in the Pats - Bills thread because you were mad your man crush madey ou look like a dumbass like usual?

This is not a change in opinion. He said that Peterson is better if he hangs on to the ball, and then noted that he now hangs on to the ball. That changed.. how?

I know he said that, as I've mentioned it to him on AIM not too long.

You're really trying to nitpick right now, but I understand your point.

However, without trying to throw in qualifiers, I will simplify this for you, so maybe you can give a straight answer instead of one where you're always trying to use qualifiers.

Did he say Chris Johnson was better at the time? Did he recently say Adrian Peterson is better? Are Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson the same person?

Now, what you're going to say is something along the lines of, "Well, he thought Adrian Peterson was better without fumbling" or something along those lines, but he said Johnson was better, and has now changed his opinion.

I'm not trying to argue with this, but you're nitpicking, and not nitpicking well.

"Chris Johnson is better, because Adrian Peterson fumbles too much. But, if Peterson didn't fumble so much, he'd be better."

Adrian Peterson stopped fumbling.

You bumped this thread to make yourself look good, so you can stop arguing semantics.

"Chris Johnson is better, because Adrian Peterson fumbles too much. But, if Peterson didn't fumble so much, he'd be better."

Adrian Peterson stopped fumbling.

You bumped this thread to make yourself look good, so you can stop arguing semantics.

There you go again making excuses. I know he said he was picking Chris Johnson partially due to fumbling problems, but my question was black and white, and so was the answer. At the time, he said Chris Johnson, and now he is saying Adrian Peterson, but keep spinning it the way you want to make you feel better.

Also, this is the first thread that came up in a search comparing the players.

There you go again making excuses. I know he said he was picking Chris Johnson partially due to fumbling problems, but my question was black and white, and so was the answer. At the time, he said Chris Johnson, and now he is saying Adrian Peterson, but keep spinning it the way you want to make you feel better.

Do you have no humility whatsoever? Is it an inferiority complex? JLL syndrome? I think you're quite literally incapable of admitting when you're wrong.

If you want to continue arguing semantics, I said that his opinion didn't change. His answer to this question may have, but his opinion? Unwavering from the beginning. Peterson is better if he doesn't fumble.

Do you have another way to go with this? More hair splitting? Or just keep bumping this to the top? You bumped this thread because you like to puff your chest when you're right about something. Maybe 99% of OTR wouldn't despise your existence if you weren't so [expletive]ing arrogant.

• Like 1

Also, this is the first thread that came up in a search comparing the players.

I never said I was picking CJ partially because of the fumbling problem, I said I was picking him BECAUSE OF not partially, it was the only reason. Then I said if Peterson fixed it, he would be my pick. Meaning if right now, Peterson still had a fumbling problem, I would still have picked CJ.

I never said I was picking CJ partially because of the fumbling problem, I said I was picking him BECAUSE OF not partially, it was the only reason. Then I said if Peterson fixed it, he would be my pick. Meaning if right now, Peterson still had a fumbling problem, I would still have picked CJ.

Yes, I know that is what you're saying. All I'm saying is it's pretty simple what you said. I'm not calling you out, but trying to have iwill stop being an idiot..

Back then: You picked Chris Johnson

Now: You pick Adrian Peterson

I don't even care who you think is better, but I'm just saying that is what your opinion/answer was, which he doesn't seem to understand. I'm very aware the knock on Peterson for you was fumbling, and that you actually liked (don't know if you still do) MJD as your #1 HB. I just don't like how he's trying to twist words and stuff.

Yes, I know that is what you're saying. All I'm saying is it's pretty simple what you said. I'm not calling you out, but trying to have iwill stop being an idiot..

Back then: You picked Chris Johnson

Now: You pick Adrian Peterson

I don't even care who you think is better, but I'm just saying that is what your opinion/answer was, which he doesn't seem to understand. I'm very aware the knock on Peterson for you was fumbling, and that you actually liked (don't know if you still do) MJD as your #1 HB. I just don't like how he's trying to twist words and stuff.

The point he's trying to make, I think, is that my opinion never changed. My opinion always CJ > AD+fumbles AD-fumbles > CJ. Sure my pick changed because facts changed, but opinion, no.

trying to have iwill stop being an idiot..

You're wrong, and are fighting tooth and nail for a wrong answer. Who's the idiot?

I don't even care who you think is better, but I'm just saying that is what your opinion/answer was, which he doesn't seem to understand.

Opinion =/= Answer, we've already gone over this. Who doesn't understand what?

I just don't like how he's trying to twist words and stuff.

Twist words? My exact words were "no new opinions". Straight from Fish, he just said his opinion hasn't changed. You were wrong. Game over.

The point he's trying to make, I think, is that my opinion never changed. My opinion always CJ > AD+fumbles AD-fumbles > CJ. Sure my pick changed because facts changed, but opinion, no.

There we go. I said WITHOUT qualifiers, such as fumbles. I said that multiple times. Your opinion was Chris Johnson is better because Peterson had fumbling problems at the time. And, as you stated, at that time, you believed he was better. Now, that Peterson has fixed those problems, you believe he is better than Johnson. It's pretty black and white. At the time, you believed Chris Johnson was better (which is fine), and now you believe Peterson is better. Your opinion/answer changed. It's pretty simple.