Richard Jefferson to Re-Sign with Spurs

Dzy

Richard Jefferson(notes), who opted out of the final year of his contract with the Spurs—which would have paid him $15 million—is expected to re-sign with San Antonio on Wednesday.

According to the San Antonio Express-News, the new deal will pay him far less than $15 million next season. But Jefferson’s agent said he was willing to do that for long-term security over the prospects of being a free agent next year, when the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement could expire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-richardjeffersontakingles20100720

Good to see he's willing to take less to play. Don't know what happened to him last season judging by the drop in his stats, but I hope he found his place on the team.

That sucks. I really wanted to move on and go to another team. I never really liked the Spurs. Anyways, good news for the Spurs. They need a guy like him that could run up and down the court and score the ball. He needs to drive more to the basket though because he forces up too many shots sometimes