Billups Believes Carmelo Will Stay

Nuggets point guard Chauncey Billups believes Carmelo Anthony will remain with the team.

"He better, or he's going to have a problem on his hands when he sees me," Billups said when asked if he thought Anthony would take Denver's offer of an extension.

Sources close to Anthony have said that he expects to accept the team's offer of a three-year, $65 million extension.

"I'm hoping he does. I know Melo loves Denver, it's pretty much home and I think that he will (sign the extension)," Billups said. "But I've seen stranger things. ... All I can do is be hopeful."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68267/20100721/billups_believes_carmelo_will_stay/

Well I'm with Billups. I don't see why Carmelo would leave. He has all the reasons to stay with his home team. First of all because that's where he started his career, second of all because he got good teams mates. Also because he has his family in Denver.

But we never know he might want to go to the Miami Heat :winkglasses:

We're still a year away from this lol...I'm hoping Melo goes to New York to team up with Amare and Paul.

Every time they would meet up with Miami in the playoffs it'd be too sick.

that team would work together better than Miami would imo. they have a bigman in Stod, one of the most talented scorers in Melo, and a top 2 PG in Chris Paul. CP3 is the only real ball dominant player on that team, compared to Wade and Bron who are both very very ball dominant. i have no doubt that team would own Miami. (depending on role players of course)

that team would work together better than Miami would imo. they have a bigman in Stod, one of the most talented scorers in Melo, and a top 2 PG in Chris Paul. CP3 is the only real ball dominant player on that team, compared to Wade and Bron who are both very very ball dominant. i have no doubt that team would own Miami. (depending on role players of course)

lol r u serious? they might have a top 2 point guard but Miami has a 2 of the top 3 players in the LEAGUE and 3 of the top ten it wouldn't be a blow out in any way but the Knicks would definitley not own the Heat i can guarentee you that. And since they've already given Amare the max the other 2 would have to take significantly less in order for them to get any role players that are any good.

• 3 weeks later...

lol r u serious? they might have a top 2 point guard but Miami has a 2 of the top 3 players in the LEAGUE and 3 of the top ten it wouldn't be a blow out in any way but the Knicks would definitley not own the Heat i can guarentee you that. And since they've already given Amare the max the other 2 would have to take significantly less in order for them to get any role players that are any good.

Bosh isn't top 10, and no, it wouldn't be a blowout, of course not, but come on. i know Miami fans will never admit it, but Wade and LeBron are both extremely ball dominant. so unless Pat Riley brings back 'Showtime', i can't see the two co-existing at a high level. if you put prime Shaq and prime WIlt on the same team the paint is going to get very crowded. same with Wade and Bron on the same team. there's only 1 ball