CP3 Demands Trade To Lakers/Magic/Knicks

[expletive], I wanna see him stay (or come to Portland) but if one of those happens, I'd prefer NY, then Orlando. Going to LA would just kill the league even worse, cause it'd be LA and MIA competing for everything.

DO IT http://thelakersnation.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/mitch.png

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0106/nba_a_paul_kobe_576.jpg

http://my.lakers.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/blog_090622mitchkupchak.jpg

Edited by magicbalala245

Wow can't believe he actually chose the Magic to be one of 3 teams he wants to be on. That's coo. It would be amazing having him on the Magic, it would be so bittersweet trading Jameer for him though.

Pretty much, but it's an upgrade we can't really pass up. Like you said CP3 naming Orlando as one of the top destinations he would like to go is pretty big, we should really try everything we can to get him. Dwight and him would tear it up for a while. I like Jameer a lot, and it would pain me to see him leave, because I always wanted him to be a part of a possible championship with us. But I mean the chance to grab another star, you can't pass it up...

sportsguy33 CP3 waited too long: had he gone public last month, NYK-NJ-Dal had the cap room/assets to deal. The most realistic matches now: Hou or Bos.

;)

• Owner

;)

More than likely a joke, though, at least with Boston. He knows there's no way the Celtics will deal for Paul, and they are the ones that have little to trade. Perkins is injured, Pierce and Allen were recently re-signed (three months before BOS can trade them), and Garnett and Rondo are going nowhere.

But it's Bill's team, so I'm not surprised he would throw that suggestion out there.

Houston has the pieces. While Okafor's contract is ugly (four years left, $10-14 million a year), there's still that big question mark named Yao Ming, and I wonder if Houston would be interested in a Paul/Okafor package. The Rockets would have to part with Hayes or Hill, and I'm sure it would take Brooks and Ariza. The Hornets would really dig into the roster to make a deal work in their favor, but I think it would be worth it for the Rockets at the end of the day.

More than likely a joke, though, at least with Boston. He knows there's no way the Celtics will deal for Paul, and they are the ones that have little to trade. Perkins is injured, Pierce and Allen were recently re-signed (three months before BOS can trade them), and Garnett and Rondo are going nowhere.

But it's Bill's team, so I'm not surprised he would throw that suggestion out there.

Houston has the pieces. While Okafor's contract is ugly (four years left, $10-14 million a year), there's still that big question mark named Yao Ming, and I wonder if Houston would be interested in a Paul/Okafor package. The Rockets would have to part with Hayes or Hill, and I'm sure it would take Brooks and Ariza. The Hornets would really dig into the roster to make a deal work in their favor, but I think it would be worth it for the Rockets at the end of the day.

Hmm I think Rockets would part with Martin instead of Ariza.

• Owner

Hmm I think Rockets would part with Martin instead of Ariza.

I'm sure they would, but the Hornets have no reason to want Martin. They have been targeting to replace Peja, and feel as if Thornton is good enough at the two. Ariza would be nice at the three because he's the defender they were seeking when they brought in Posey.

Plus, Martin is making too much money for the Hornets to want to take in. Ariza is half the cost and plays defense.

I'm sure they would, but the Hornets have no reason to want Martin. They have been targeting to replace Peja, and feel as if Thornton is good enough at the two. Ariza would be nice at the three because he's the defender they were seeking when they brought in Posey.

Plus, Martin is making too much money for the Hornets to want to take in. Ariza is half the cost and plays defense.

Hmm, Rockets would have to part with Brooks, Ariza, Jeffries (expiring) and another player if its just for Paul.

Hmm, Rockets would have to part with Brooks, Ariza, Jeffries (expiring) and another player if its just for Paul.

That other player would have to be Shane in order to make contracts work. I'm skeptical about that trade because we lose two of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

That other player would have to be Shane in order to make contracts work. I'm skeptical about that trade because we lose two of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Not exactly haha, Shane Battier is past it now, we looked much better with Ariza guarding the big names.

This trade would mess with our roster quite a bit.

Not exactly haha, Shane Battier is past it now, we looked much better with Ariza guarding the big names.

This trade would mess with our roster quite a bit.

True but Shane has always been our floor general on the defensive end, losing him will hurt...A LOT especially if we don't have another player that can play solid defense.

Our lineup would look something like this if we did the trade:

PG: Chris Paul / Kyle Lowry

SG: Kevin Martin / Jermaine Taylor

SF: Chase Budinger / ???

PF: Luis Scola / Jordan Hill / Patrick Patterson

C: Yao Ming / Brad Miller / Jordan Hill

Basically we lose our depth at the wing positions to upgrade our point guard.

True but Shane has always been our floor general on the defensive end, losing him will hurt...A LOT especially if we don't have another player that can play solid defense.

Our lineup would look something like this if we did the trade:

PG: Chris Paul / Kyle Lowry

SG: Kevin Martin / Jermaine Taylor

SF: Chase Budinger / ???

PF: Luis Scola / Jordan Hill / Patrick Patterson

C: Yao Ming / Brad Miller / Jordan Hill

Basically we lose our depth at the wing positions to upgrade our point guard.

I highly doubt Rockets would trade both Ariza/Battier, you think Morey is really that dumb ;)

I highly doubt Rockets would trade both Ariza/Battier, you think Morey is really that dumb ;)

Its to only way to get Paul assuming we are taking back Okafor and there is no third team involved.

• Owner

New Orleans would probably keep CP3 if they can't deal Okafor with him, unless they were getting another superstar in return. That would be a moronic move...to just deal Paul for borderline all-stars or role players?

High risk, high reward for Houston. If Yao Ming is healthy for a few more years, you contend. If he's not, you have big problems after trading away so many pieces. Battier doesn't play defense the way he used to, but he is a floor general on the defensive end, and I'm sure his impact during practices is felt as much as his play a few years back. Ariza will learn from him over time as well.

You trade Ariza, trade Brooks, a big...I don't know.

Plus...will Paul agree to go to Houston if they are dealing so many important pieces? That's basically putting him in a situation he's already boiling in, except today, David West is a better player than Yao Ming only because we don't even know if Ming will be able to put up 20/10 in a season.

It might be better to just put the car in drive and don't hit the breaks for any offers involving Paul.