CP3 Demands Trade To Lakers/Magic/Knicks

The Hornets will try to persuade Paul to remain in New Orleans.

"Paul won't go public with his trade request -- if he did, he'd be subject to a fine under NBA rules -- but those with knowledge of his plans believe his desire to pair up with another superstar (or two) has gained too much momentum to stop," writes Berger.

The Knicks are preparing to make an attractive offer to acquire a superstar talent via trade.

"Team president Donnie Walsh's first step was signing power forward Amar'e Stoudemire to a five-year, $99.9 million deal," Berger writes. "The move wasn't successful in swaying James or Wade, but it represents the first piece of a strategy designed to land Paul, Parker or Anthony -- or perhaps, even two of them.

"According to sources familiar with the Knicks' strategy, part of the reason for orchestrating the sign-and-trade for David Lee -- which yielded young talents Anthony Randolph and Kelenna Azubuike from Golden State -- was to stock the roster with attractive assets that could be used to acquire such marquee players if the opportunities presented themselves."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68279/20100721/report_paul_has_demanded_trade_to_knicks_magic_lakers/#ixzz0uN1iCa8j

NY NY NY NY please.

The Hornets will try to persuade Paul to remain in New Orleans.

"Paul won't go public with his trade request -- if he did, he'd be subject to a fine under NBA rules -- but those with knowledge of his plans believe his desire to pair up with another superstar (or two) has gained too much momentum to stop," writes Berger.

The Knicks are preparing to make an attractive offer to acquire a superstar talent via trade.

"Team president Donnie Walsh's first step was signing power forward Amar'e Stoudemire to a five-year, $99.9 million deal," Berger writes. "The move wasn't successful in swaying James or Wade, but it represents the first piece of a strategy designed to land Paul, Parker or Anthony -- or perhaps, even two of them.

"According to sources familiar with the Knicks' strategy, part of the reason for orchestrating the sign-and-trade for David Lee -- which yielded young talents Anthony Randolph and Kelenna Azubuike from Golden State -- was to stock the roster with attractive assets that could be used to acquire such marquee players if the opportunities presented themselves.

Source

That would be SICK if he'd join the Lakers. Him, Kobe, Pau Gasol and Fisher off the bench would RULE the NBA and I think they would surely be able to beat the Heat. That would be his best decision. But if he goes to the Orlando Magic that would also be sexy. Him and Dwight Howard would be one of the best duo ever.

New York Knicks would also be a good destination to team up with Amare Stoudemire is never bad. he's one of the best finisher in traffic and CP3 could get a lot of assists out of him. Additionally, I think Amare would love to play with CP3 because he used to play with Steve Nash. (CP3 and Nash are both amazing passers)

I said last year he would be in a new uniform next year, I doubt he goes to LA but if he did that would be bananas, it is hard to envision how everything would work but [expletive] the Lakers and Heat would both have 2 top 5 players, nuts.

Him in Orlando makes the most sense to me because he would still have the ball a ton, and a major role, and would win a ton of games, whereas in LA he would have to take a drastically reduced role, I just don't see what Orlando could offer. Him in NY would be cool too but they wouldn't do [expletive], I mean Nash and Amare, or CP3 and Amare, lol tomato tamawto to me.

LA could offer the best player in Bynum, I don't see anything on Orlando, the Knicks at least have some attractive pieces in Gallo and Chandler. I think there is a good chance we will see him in a Knicks uniform in November.

Him in Orlando makes the most sense to me because he would still have the ball a ton, and a major role, and would win a ton of games, whereas in LA he would have to take a drastically reduced role, I just don't see what Orlando could offer.

I agree about him in Orlando makes the most sense too, not just because I'm a Magic fan. But we could really use his scoring and passing ability in our lineup. However I think we have the most to offer, Jameer is a solid PG who could see a reduced role in New Orleans if they decided to go with Collison. And Carter is still a solid expiring, they would get decent play out of him (assuming he doesn't get injured)

Could Lewis be part of a deal too?

Not surprising since he talked about teaming up with Amar'e and Melo.

Lakers would most likely have to give up Bynum to get him, maybe Bynum/Sasha + picks for Paul/filler?

Knicks got Curry's 11 million expiring throw in Chandler and Douglas..?

To be honest I don't see Paul going to Orlando because they don't have much to offer to fill their needs. Sure they could offer Nelson and Carter, but I don't think New Orleans would want Nelson since they have Collison to build around. Also Carter isn't what he use to be and if they trade for the two they're most likely looking at a playoff run. Its better for them to just focus on the future.

I'll choose the Knicks to get Paul. They can give them an expiring in Curry, some youth, possibly picks. Lakers have won their last two titles without an all-star point guard so I don't see them pushing for the trade. Plus if Bynum stays healthy he would have a much bigger impact then Paul IMO.

• Like 1

Orlando should strongly consider trading for CP3. Chris Paul would bring out the best of Dwight Howard, just look at what he did with a healthy Tyson Chandler a couple seasons ago. Jameer Nelson could play the two for the Hornets, he's a scorer first, passer second anyways. The Magic need a playmaker who can maximize Dwights abilities, Chris Paul would do just that, he would be the perfect fit.

The Lakers have absolutely no shot at getting Chris Paul unless of course they trade Andrew Bynum. The pg issue is already taken care for next season, if we want to win a couple more championships in Kobe's prime we're going to need Bynum.

• Like 1