Anyone but Amar'e available for trade to Hornets

JYD

The Knicks are willing to trade anyone aside from newly-signed forward Amar'e Stoudemire for Hornets guard Chris Paul, according to a league source.

Paul is scheduled to meet with New Orleans general manager Dell Demps, head coach Monty Williams and president Hugh Weber on Monday.

"Amar'e won't be traded, but everyone else is available," the executive said of New York.

Three weeks ago Weber said the Hornets wouldn't trade Paul, but the point guard was inspired by Miami's signing of LeBron James and Chris Bosh to play alongside Dwyane Wade.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68311/20100723/knicks_would_trade_anyone_but_amare_for_paul/#ixzz0uWetS3zG

source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68311/20100723/knicks_would_trade_anyone_but_amare_for_paul/

Lets go! Trade anyone and anything for Paul!!!

Edited by JYD

They blew up their team to try and get LeBron...might as well stick in another land mine and do everything to team CP3 with Amare.

I agree. They have to put a winning product on the floor.

I don't think the Knicks want to trade Amare.. so this will not happen. They won't land Chris Paul in New York if they don't give up Amare. But if they give up Amare there will be a big whole in the front court and it will be even easier to score for the opponent.

I don't think the Knicks want to trade Amare.. so this will not happen. They won't land Chris Paul in New York if they don't give up Amare. But if they give up Amare there will be a big whole in the front court and it will be even easier to score for the opponent.

???????????????????

• Owner

In other words, the Hornets won't be trading Paul to the Knicks unless they get Amare in return, because the Knicks have nothing that interests them other than STAT.

And if the Knicks deal Amare for Paul without getting another big (ex. Okafor), they will struggle even more due to the fact that they won't have any defense up front...like Amare actually plays defense to begin with, but he still has the ability to grab d-boards and contest shots.

------

Of course, the kicker is that the Hornets will want to trade Emeka as well...and this could be a good thing for the Knicks, if they can snag Paul without trading Amare (which is the idea, according to the topic title). Emeka isn't the offensive player he hoped to be, and he's not Dwight Howard on defense, but he's still a better defensive player than Amare, and he's also more of a center.

If the Knicks want Paul without trading Amare, I assume the Hornets will try and shove Emeka's contract down their throats. Good for New York.

• Like 1

Lol...What's the point of swapping Paul for Amar'e? The Knicks don't get any better based on that. The entire idea of getting Paul is to team him up with Amar'e.

And I wouldn't mind taking on Emeka's contract, the guy isn't that bad (assuming he can stay somewhat healthy).

I am hoping the Hornets will accept this:

Curry

Chandler

Douglas

1st round pick

For

Paul

Okafor

Be real and stop dreaming!

The team has a lot of cap to shed next year. The whole team except for Amar'e and a couple other players (that are combined for less than $5M or so anyway) will be expiring. If they pull off a deal for Paul and just Paul alone without any other long term deals heading their way, the Knicks could potentially still have enough money for Carmello next year.

The worst case scenario is that he'll have to take a slight paycut. But hey, if LeBron, Wade, and Bosh were willing to do it for the sake of winning....

• Owner

The Paul, Amare and Carmelo trio is possible. In fact, I see it happening...especially after the way Melo and Paul have been acting lately (Melo won't sign that extension, Paul wants out).

Heat vs. Knicks part 2. This is gonna be awesomeee.

and we know who usually wins that one.

justk idding, it's always an exciting rivalry over the years. thats wehn i loved the knicks hahahah

• Like 1

If the Knicks end up getting Okafor along with Paul and won't have to trade Amare to do so, how will they be able to get Melo next year? I'm sure with those three they won't have enough cap space to get him.

I tried JYD's trade and it's off by $7 million; however, if the Knicks only acquire Paul then the salaries match up well enough for it to be a success. If somehow they can send that package and get Paul without having to take on Okafor's contract, then I believe they'd be able to get Carmelo and complete the trio.

• Owner

If the Knicks end up getting Okafor along with Paul and won't have to trade Amare to do so, how will they be able to get Melo next year? I'm sure with those three they won't have enough cap space to get him.

Sign and trade. Denver would probably take Okafor as long as they get someone like Gallinari with him. It would be better than seeing Melo walk.

Anthony Randolph is an interesting project, I could see New Orleans willing to listen to a trade for Randolph and cap relief (if Knicks take back Okafor). Will it be enough though? Doubt it.

I still don't see what the Knicks have the Hornets want. CP3 is a franchise player just entering his prime, so if you don't get a lot back to truly help your team's future then I don't know how the Knicks could make this happen. Anthony Randolph? Curry's contract? I don't know if that's enough. The Magic can offer Jameer, Vince, Gortat, Rashard, etc.

I wouldn't trade for Paul, I would wait and get Melo next year, not a big fan of Paul and his attitude right now. He's under the influence of Lebron's entourage, that can't be good.

Wait till next season, get Melo and a mid level PG and you'll be fine

EDIT: wait, I just remembered the Knicks have Felton, why the hell would they want Paul? This reafirms my previous thoughts, just wait till next year and get Melo

Edited by fedefox

I still don't see what the Knicks have the Hornets want. CP3 is a franchise player just entering his prime, so if you don't get a lot back to truly help your team's future then I don't know how the Knicks could make this happen. Anthony Randolph? Curry's contract? I don't know if that's enough. The Magic can offer Jameer, Vince, Gortat, Rashard, etc.

Gallinari and Chandler are good young pieces, plus draft picks. Plus, Curry's contract is certainly attractive.

I wouldn't trade for Paul, I would wait and get Melo next year, not a big fan of Paul and his attitude right now. He's under the influence of Lebron's entourage, that can't be good.

Wait till next season, get Melo and a mid level PG and you'll be fine

EDIT: wait, I just remembered the Knicks have Felton, why the hell would they want Paul? This reafirms my previous thoughts, just wait till next year and get Melo

Because Paul is way better then Felton. They are in two different leagues.