Blazers refuse to give away Rudy Fernandez for free

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_preview/2010/02/03/rudy_fernandez_of_the_portland_trail_blazers_stalk.jpg

Blazers refuse to give away Rudy Fernandez for free

----------------

"If I could reach an agreement with Portland, so that they would not trade me to another NBA team and they would accept my return to Europe, I'd be pleased," Fernandez told El Mundo Deportivo. "My agents are looking for the best trade for me, but at the end of the day only Portland can decide."

Portland, under new GM Rich Cho, apparently has no intentions of releasing Fernandez. With only year left under contract for a relatively small amount of money, the Blazers see a lot of trade value in the young man who set the rookie record for most 3-pointers made in the 2008-09 season.

Brian T. Smith of the Columbian tweeted this afternoon: "Blazers are actively pursuing trade for Fernandez. Team is willing to keep Fernandez, though, and will not give him away for 'free.'"

---

http://www.examiner.com/x-24705-Portland-Trail-Blazers-Examiner~y2010m7d21-Trail-Blazers-refuse-to-give-away-Rudy-Fernandez-for-free

If Suns have to get rid of someone it's obviously Hill. He's old and will soon retire.

But he is a consistent performer and his stats aren't that bad either. If the Suns want Rudy, I think they are going to have to trade Dudley. He is relatively cheap and is a good role player.

But he is a consistent performer and his stats aren't that bad either. If the Suns want Rudy, I think they are going to have to trade Dudley. He is relatively cheap and is a good role player.

I really don't see anyone going for Fernandez.