Paul's Preferred Destination Is Now Orlando

*Swish*

The Hornets haven't yet entertained trade offers for Chris Paul, but the point guard is already considering a number of scenarios.

According to league sources, the Magic have replaced the Knicks atop Paul's list of preferred destinations.

The Knicks are still high on his list, but Paul believes Dwight Howard and the Magic are currently a better fit.

Paul will meet with Hornets president Hugh Weber, new general manager Dell Demps and new head coach Monty Williams to discuss the future direction of the club on Monday.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68324/20100724/pauls_preferred_destination_is_now_orlando/#ixzz0ubb2ZF9A

I think he has three good destinations to go to:

1. Orlando: CP3 and Dwight Howard is just scary to even imagine

2. Knicks: Amare used to play with Nash so him and CP3 would also be dangerous

3. Heat: Bosh/Wade/LeBron/Paul

Why do you keep suggesting he may go to Miami? LOL there is no way in hell another superstar is ending up there man... let it go.

Orlando has plenty of assets to trade to New Orleans to snag him. It would obviously include Jameer, and possibly Rashard if they plan to take on Okafor's contract in order to acquire CP3.

• Like 1

Unless they find a 3rd party, I don't see Orlando making a serious run at him. The only reason I could see the Hornets looking at the Magic as a legit suitor is because of Carter's $17M expiring, and I believe Pietrus is also a $5M+ expiring. However, the Magic will also have to swallow Okafor's huge contract. If you find a third suitor who would be willing to take on Jameer and give the Hornets a decent prospect or two, and if the Magic throw in a few draft picks, I could see the trade working out. That would give the Hornets well over $20M in cap relief at the end of the season, get rid of Okafor's long-term deal, and maybe get a decent prospect or two. I don't know if they will be able to find a much better deal.

lol he can't go to the Heat this off-season even if he wanted to. They can't afford him financially

Does Chris Paul have a trade clause in his contract? I'm wondering cause can't the Hornets just ship him to any team since he wants out lol.

i want him in magic uni it would be crazy good.

but if im hornets gm im looking to trade him to knicks nets or portland the have some good young peices that i would rather have over nelson, carter or whoever else they have to offer

i want him in magic uni it would be crazy good.

but if im hornets gm im looking to trade him to knicks nets or portland the have some good young peices that i would rather have over nelson, carter or whoever else they have to offer

Yeah, that's exactly what they are looking for, Nelson and Carter wouldn't cut it for them, Carter is getting older by the day and Nelson hasn't showed what he can do yet.