Shaq wants to join Celtics

*Swish*

Veteran free agent center Shaquille O'Neal -- the future Hall of Famer without a team -- has been lobbying the Boston Celtics aggressively, still trying to convince them that his addition would help their quest to win another NBA championship.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/23/shaq-wants-to-wear-celtics-green/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002&xid=si_nba

Perkins is the starting Center and J. O'neal is the back up Center.

Do you think it's a good idea for Shaq to join Boston?

Heck no, lol.

I really don't see why he would be interested in joining the Celtics.

lol same when I saw that I was asking myself WHY would he want to join the Celtics!? I understand if he wants to join Heat, Lakers, Mavs etc. but Celtics don't really have a chance of getting another championship with the same core

I can see why he is interested in joining Boston, but I don't see why Boston would be interested in him.

WHY!?!?! why would he be interested in joining the C's?

lol same when I saw that I was asking myself WHY would he want to join the Celtics!? I understand if he wants to join Heat, Lakers, Mavs etc. but Celtics don't really have a chance of getting another championship with the same core

WHY!?!?! why would he be interested in joining the C's?

Celtics did make it to the NBA Finals and did force a game 7 against the Lakers. Now, with the same core pretty much, who say they can't make it far in the playoffs? You can say the Heat are better than them, granted. Who else out in the East can say they are better than the Celtics right now for sure?

Celtics did make it to the NBA Finals and did force a game 7 against the Lakers. Now, with the same core pretty much, who say they can't make it far in the playoffs? You can say the Heat are better than them, granted. Who else out in the East can say they are better than the Celtics right now for sure?

for me Lakers are still better then the Celtics and let's remember C's are an old team and adding O'neal and Shaq makes them even older. Injuries after injuries will come to them. Pierce, Allen, Garnett, Shaq, Jermaine. all of these are/will the most important players of this franchise. Obviously there is Rondo but he isn't enough to bring them up top. I can't see Celtics going to the finals anymore because with the age, there will be injuries after injuries unfortunately

for me Lakers are still better then the Celtics and let's remember C's are an old team and adding O'neal and Shaq makes them even older. Injuries after injuries will come to them. Pierce, Allen, Garnett, Shaq, Jermaine. all of these are/will the most important players of this franchise. Obviously there is Rondo but he isn't enough to bring them up top. I can't see Celtics going to the finals anymore because with the age, there will be injuries after injuries unfortunately

I don't understand how getting older lessens the quality of talent they're getting in Jermaine and possibly Shaquille O'Neal. What matters is what these players produce on the basketball court, and Shaq will do more in 20 minutes than many 25-year-olds. These two add more length and rebounding ability inside, something they struggled with last year. Unless Pierce, Allen, and Garnett experience very drastic regressions this season, they'll be competing for a championship, although they'll face a tough path with Miami and Orlando.

Boston's approach to the free agency period has been terrific. They resigned their two main guys, and while they did happen to lose a key player off the bench in Tony Allen, they managed to sign two bigs that will be vital to their success come playoff time against Orlando/Miami.

^^ :lol:

Can't imagine Shaq in a Cetlics jersey. He would be ok for them I guess, he gives them some size and Jermaine can play PF while he's on the floor. I only watched him play in Miami so I can't really say much about him :unsure:

The signing as of now would make Sense considering Perk will be injured. Not sure about when Perk gets back tho, i dont want to take Baby's minutes away and with JO here for the full MLE, it would suck to see that we pent full MLE on a dude to sit on the bench half way through the season/. Anyways, as long as it's for the minimum and not a S&T with cleveland im not opposed to it.

Needs to sign a one year contract with LA, win a ring and get out of the league.

That will never happen but I really wish it would. One hell of a way to go out. But I think joining Boston would be a bad idea...for Boston. They are set at the position and even if they need someone to fill in for Perkins in the beginning of the season their are other options out there that don't demand the attention and distraction Shaq would bring. I'm a huge Shaq fan but I just wouldn't see this working out.