Thibs: Rose defense terrific first day at USA camp

Pooh25

http://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2010/07/21/Rose_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3328710e01e7b

"I thought his defense was terrific," Thibodeau said. "I thought he was great on the ball, and I also thought his team defense was excellent, so I was obviously pleased with that. And offensively, he's into the paint very easily, so I thought he was terrific at getting the ball up the floor, running the team, getting the ball into the paint, making plays, and he knocked a couple shots down."
But it's what happened right after Team USA's practice ended that should make Bulls fans smile at the thought of what's to come in Rose's immediate future. As soon as the final whistles blew, Rose came over to the chairs on the sideline where his new coach, Tom Thibodeau, had been watching intently all day. He shook his new coach's hand and immediately asked him for feedback. Thibodeau started coaching his young star up and showing him different things he wanted to work on as the camp rolls along.

"He was just telling me about my defense," Rose said after practice. "Just boxing out my big man, making sure I drive them out towards the baseline so he won't get an offensive rebound. [Thibodeau] is just trying to get everything right, making sure I'm doing everything perfect, or close to perfect, so I can help the team out next year."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicagobulls/po ... good-start