Derrick Rose Believes T-Mac Would Help Bulls

Pooh25

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/McGrady_Tracy_nyk_100315.jpg

Bulls point guard Derrick Rose believes free-agent swingman Tracy McGrady would be a good fit for the team.

"I think that if he comes along he can help our team," Rose said Friday. "A player like him, with his experience and how he plays, I think he'll help us."

McGrady's effectiveness will depend on his left knee. He had microfracture surgery about a year and a half ago.

"If he just gives us half of what he's got, we'll be all right," Rose said. "He'll definitely help us if he gets on the team.

"He was good, and he was my favorite player when I was in sixth or seventh grade and he came into the league. Then in high school, that's when LeBron [James] came, and he was my favorite player then. Now, I'm my own favorite player."

Like I said in another thread, I believe he is the last piece to our puzzle. We got what, like 4m left before reaching luxury tax? I would be delighted to get a player like him (providing he's healthy) for that money.

Like I said in another thread, I believe he is the last piece to our puzzle. We got what, like 4m left before reaching luxury tax? I would be delighted to get a player like him (providing he's healthy) for that money.

Hopefully, he's impressive on the workout Monday. I want him for a vet minimum though for a year if he will take it because it's the best for us and the best for him because other teams aren't too heavy on Mcgrady anyway.

He would surely help the Bulls. He could still be clutch, knock down some threes off the bench, some rebounds and some assists but he needs to stay healthy and be careful to not get injured. Anyways, it would be amazing for the Bulls to get Tmac, he would make the team so completed

Coming from a T-Mac homer, I think he'd be a GREAT fit on the Bulls if he's in any better shape than he was last season. Right now the Bulls are weak at the wing positions, and none of the wing players are really great at making plays. Not just for themselves, but for others as well. I'd argue that if the Bulls signed T-Mac, he'd be tied with Rose as the best passer/playmaker on the team. I think that'd be extremely valuable for the Bull as it would take a ton of pressure off Rose to do EVERYTHING.

Hope he impresses in the workout.

• Like 1

This would be the perfect situation for McGrady. He doesn't have to come in and have the spotlight on him like he did in NY. He's going to be just another piece to the puzzle in Chicago. If the old McGrady decides to show up, giving he's not the same player but I believe he still has some left, the Bulls could be a very very hard team to beat.

Yeah, I think he really fits in with the Bulls. This is going to be great though, hope he can prove to the world that he still has it. I'm glad that Rose stated this man. Hope Mcgrady had a great workout!