Teen Barters Phone for Porsche

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/07/22/teen.barter.cell.porsche/index.html

In a nut shell, a 17 year old kid got a free phone from his buddy. He put it on Craig's List in the barter section. It soon landed him an iPod Touch. He traded the iPod Touch for a dirt bike. Traded the dirt bike for a Macbook Pro laptop. You would think that being able to get a Macbook Pro would be good enough for just a phone for this kid, but he kept going. He traded it for a Toyota 4Runner. Then got a classic Ford Bronco SUV. And finally, that landed him a Porsche Convertible.

For the tl;dr...

Phone

iPod Touch

Dirt bike

Macbook Pro

Toyota 4Runner

Ford Bronco SUV

Porsche Convertible

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

wtf, what a bunch of idiots. First off who would trade a dirt bike for an Ipod, and how does someone trade a bike for a laptop? That is bizarre.

someone really wanted an ipod? It was probably like a 32 gig, then someone really wanted a dirk bike, just finding the right people.

The most confusing trade to me was the Macbook Pro for the 4runner...

MacBooks, aren't cheap. Toyota trucks, rust out really easy. Chances are, the owner of the 4-Runner knew something in it was going bad, and he didn't want to have to pay any kind of bills to get it repaired, so he traded it off while it still had some value. The guy that traded him the Bronco, traded him an older Bronco. I believe it was like a 1975? The guy that traded him the Porsche, probably had the money to blow to supe up a Ford Bronco. He could have been a 4x4 enthusiast, or just wanted cheaper insurance bills for all we know.

See what I'm saying? He played everything out right. Most people that will trade something for lesser value, usually knows there is a problem with it. I bet the kid had no clue about any kind of automotive knowledge. The 4-Runner was a good trade though, Toyota makes a sturdy little truck.

MacBooks, aren't cheap. Toyota trucks, rust out really easy. Chances are, the owner of the 4-Runner knew something in it was going bad, and he didn't want to have to pay any kind of bills to get it repaired, so he traded it off while it still had some value. The guy that traded him the Bronco, traded him an older Bronco. I believe it was like a 1975? The guy that traded him the Porsche, probably had the money to blow to supe up a Ford Bronco. He could have been a 4x4 enthusiast, or just wanted cheaper insurance bills for all we know.

See what I'm saying? He played everything out right. Most people that will trade something for lesser value, usually knows there is a problem with it. I bet the kid had no clue about any kind of automotive knowledge. The 4-Runner was a good trade though, Toyota makes a sturdy little truck.

The 4runner was an 87, and the guy was starting up a band, needed the macbook pro for his music, and had the 4runner as an extra truck just laying around...it was probably valued at like 1500-2000 just like a macbook would be..

The 4runner was an 87, and the guy was starting up a band, needed the macbook pro for his music, and had the 4runner as an extra truck just laying around...it was probably valued at like 1500-2000 just like a macbook would be..

Didn't read that. :lol: