Donators

YugoRocketsFan

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is something that Clutchfans, and numerous other forums have done. People who give a small amount of money achieve a "contributing member" status and have the ability to neg rep and have a few other small perks. For this contributing member to not abuse the neg rep, they will be given 2 a day. Adults will be the ones donating so they won't be neg repping for no reason. a one time 5$ donation gives you the status, its good for Real Deal who pays for the site and the member achieves a small perk for just giving a small donation.

Edited by Yugodamus

On HF boards if you pay like 10$ a year you get bigger avatars with no ads on the site and also get a star beside their name. Would be a neat idea especailly since then you can include that in prizes for SOTM and other things.

On HF boards if you pay like 10$ a year you get bigger avatars with no ads on the site and also get a star beside their name. Would be a neat idea especailly since then you can include that in prizes for SOTM and other things.

That is one thing I remember from RealBallers... all the wallpapers made with realballers.com on them increased the amount of new members like crazy. Wallpapers are a great way to promote. If we can get some type of competition with a reward, I'm sure I can bring some GFX'ers over to participate. Also, I think wallpapers are the way to go because they are used more often than sigs imo.

Just an idea.

That is one thing I remember from RealBallers... all the wallpapers made with realballers.com on them increased the amount of new members like crazy. Wallpapers are a great way to promote. If we can get some type of competition with a reward, I'm sure I can bring some GFX'ers over to participate. Also, I think wallpapers are the way to go because they are used more often than sigs imo.

Just an idea.

Were you a member of Real Ballers?

This is slightly off-topic, but is there a way you can donate by giving the code to an iTunes gift card? If I remember correctly Hoody or someone at RST mentioned that you don't have to send cash or PayPal or anything, just give the code to a gift card and it works.

• Owner

No ads, no donations. It's a big deal for me. I can't stand ads, and I don't like having to pay for something that should be free. Therefore, there's no point in me making the rules different for everyone else.

Maybe if we had donations for games that were used to pay for prizes...I would consider that...but otherwise, I don't want the money. When I went blind, I had no control over the donations you guys sent (I believe Kyle set all of that up, too) because I wasn't able to see anything for a while. While it was very generous, it was unnecessary.

Bigger avatars, stuff like that...we can do that once we set up the dedicated members group, but I'd like to wait for that. We need to have a bar set in regards to posting, and I'm not even up that high yet.

No ads, no donations. It's a big deal for me. I can't stand ads, and I don't like having to pay for something that should be free. Therefore, there's no point in me making the rules different for everyone else.

Maybe if we had donations for games that were used to pay for prizes...I would consider that...but otherwise, I don't want the money. When I went blind, I had no control over the donations you guys sent (I believe Kyle set all of that up, too) because I wasn't able to see anything for a while. While it was very generous, it was unnecessary.

Bigger avatars, stuff like that...we can do that once we set up the dedicated members group, but I'd like to wait for that. We need to have a bar set in regards to posting, and I'm not even up that high yet.

Boo. You give us way too much and all we provide you with is words.

:wub: