Hornets not listening to CP3

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wait until Paul throws a fit and starts telling teams he doesn't want to go to that he won't play there, he'll be a problem, won't re-sign, etc... The Hornets will end up getting 10 cents on a dollar. Pissing the guy off causes trouble for them, so I don't get this angle.

Wait until Paul throws a fit and starts telling teams he doesn't want to go to that he won't play there, he'll be a problem, won't re-sign, etc... The Hornets will end up getting 10 cents on a dollar. Pissing the guy off causes trouble for them, so I don't get this angle.

They are just saying they arn't gonna trade him to the Magic, or the Knicks... basically. Trying to not let him dictate where he wants to go, but I agree... I don't think this is going to turn out pretty if they really go through with this.

I'm sure the Magic have better offer then the Nets and Bobcats have! That would suck for CP3 to find himself in New Jersey or Charlotte. It's way better to end up with the Magic and team up with D12 to beat the Lakers and Heat.

I'm sure the Magic have better offer then the Nets and Bobcats have! That would suck for CP3 to find himself in New Jersey or Charlotte. It's way better to end up with the Magic and team up with D12 to beat the Lakers and Heat.

Yeah, but for some reason New Orleans is obsessed with keeping Paul. Despite the talent Collison displayed last season.

If nothing works out between the teams he's listed, what about Detroit as a possible destination? Certainly not a bad organization, I could see Paul having some success there. The Pistons could send Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince's expiring contract (plus picks) to get Paul as well as taking on Okafor's deal. This trade would leave New Orleans with a hole at center, but since they'll be holding onto both Prince's and Stojakovic's expiring contracts, they've got the financial flexibility to add one through trade. Gordon is an explosive shooting guard and would add a veteran scorer to play with the young Collison and Thornton.

With Paul, the Pistons would have an All-NBA talent to build around. Hamilton's ability to score off the ball complements Paul's abilities well, and Rodney Stuckey could come off the bench as a strong 6th man combo guard. At forward, Jerebko, Daye, and Villanueva could run the floor and provide some athletic targets for Paul in the open floor. Greg Monroe would factor in as a solid post presence that can make plays with his passing ability and has the potential to be a good scorer. Okafor would start at center and block shots/rebound, and Ben Wallace could come off the bench for 20-25 MPG to provide even more of an interior defensive and rebounding presence.

If nothing works out between the teams he's listed, what about Detroit as a possible destination? Certainly not a bad organization, I could see Paul having some success there. The Pistons could send Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince's expiring contract (plus picks) to get Paul as well as taking on Okafor's deal. This trade would leave New Orleans with a hole at center, but since they'll be holding onto both Prince's and Stojakovic's expiring contracts, they've got the financial flexibility to add one through trade. Gordon is an explosive shooting guard and would add a veteran scorer to play with the young Collison and Thornton.

Why would the Hornets want Ben Gordon's bloated contract in return? The key to trading CP3 is to rebuild, which is why they're packaging Emeka Okafor in this deal. They're in a bad position financially, the last thing they need is a contract like Gordon's. I'm sure all the Hornets want in return for CP3 and Emeka is expiring contracts, picks, and young talent. The best possible destination for Paul is Portland if you ask me, they have everything New Orleans wants and everything Chris Paul wants (which would be a contending team with a great supporting cast). Portland can offer young talent (such as Fernandez, Batum, Webster, etc), expiring contracts (Przybilla and Miller (roughly 7 million each), and picks.

Not to mention bringing in a guy like Okafor would do wonders for Portland considering Oden's track record of injuries.