Vince Carter Will Help Improve The Orlando Magic

Legacy

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7751/legacyno5.gif

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0508/4004/vince-carter1_feature.jpg

When the Orlando Magic traded for Vince Carter, the eyebrows of many critics rose.

They said with the addition of Carter, the Magic are going to lose Hedo Turkoglu and a rising star in Courtney Lee. They lost both of these players for what, a washed-up Carter who will make the Magic worse? That is where the critics have been constantly wrong.

Last year, the New Jersey Nets were predicted to be the worst team in the league. Carter led the way for the Nets, and they passed expectations as early as the All-Star break. They were eliminated from playoff contention in the last weeks of the season.

Now people are saying the addition of Carter will stunt Dwight Howard's growth as a player. Those people are ignorant. Has Vince messed up the play of Devin Harris? No, he took the backseat and let Harris do his work while Vince led the team with words.

Everyone on the Nets gave up after a losing streak when it looked like they had no chance at the playoffs, but Carter said that he won't give up on the team. Where were the critics then? When Carter admitted on giving up on the Raptors, he was young, and analysts around the globe started hating on him, but when he made the comments about helping the young Nets team no matter what, the so-called experts ignored it.

Carter has been playing with more effort on the offensive and defensive end of the floor. His passing is extremely underrated, as he is one of the best passing shooting guards in the league, if not the best.

He may not be the human highlight reel anymore, which makes people hate on him, but he is a better basketball player now. He may have bad games every now and then, and that's when the haters are at their peak, which gives Carter a bad rep.

People say Carter is injury prone, but he has played in nearly every game ever since playing for New Jersey. In reality, Vince is a top-five shooting guard in the league for sure, maybe even top-three on his best nights behind only Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade, who are the best players in the league along with LeBron James.

Being traded to the Orlando Magic is just a new chapter in the career of "Half-Man, Half-Amazing."

We all know what Carter is capable of when he is rejuvenated, and that is exactly what he will be this upcoming season. He is playing for a team that was just in the NBA Finals, and it's the team he dreamed about playing for ever since he was a little kid.

Vince has also never played with a dominant big man like Howard before, which will benefit both of them.

Carter is unselfish and will help Howard become a better player. While Howard will be the main attraction for the Magic offense, this will be what Vince has always wanted. He never wanted to be the main guy on a team, and now he has the chance to be the second option.

With the pressure off of Carter, he will be a more efficient player.

Turkoglu was clutch for the Magic last season, but Vince was just as clutch if not more, himself. He hit many critical shots that won games for the Nets, and look for him to do the same in Orlando.

The critics may love to hate on Vinsanity, but don't let that get to your head. The Magic made the right move and traded for the underrated Carter.

You will all see that when the season starts; the Magic will show they are still the top team and the team to beat in the Eastern Conference.

http://www.alldaynba.com/orlandomagic/vince-carter-will-help-improve-the-orlando-magic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/217972-half-man-half-amazing-carter-will-help-the-magic-to-the-top-of-the-east

Edited by Legacy

Vince has also never played with a dominant big man like Howard before, which will benefit both of them.

Boom. You hit the nail with the hammer. Just look at all of the top SG in the league and they've all played with an AMAZING big man. It's finally Carter's chance but unfortunately for him, it's during a late time of his career. Let's look at who the league's 'great' SG have played with:

Manu -> Duncan

T-Mac -> Yao

Kobe -> Shaq/Gasol

Roy -> Aldridge

Wade -> Shaq

Ray Allen/Paul Pierce -> KG

I'm glad Carter finally gets the chance and honestly think this move puts the Magic in better position than last year even with the loss of Turkoglu.

When VC is motivated there aren't many wings who are better than he is. He won't even have to give up that many shots, because he is probably going to handle the ball as much as Hedo was which is a lot. Dwight won't really take shots away from VC. If he can come in and get his 22-5-5 I think they'll be a better team because he is an even better defender than Hedo.

But care to explain how Carter is unselfish? I'm not disputing that, but how are you claiming that? What has he done that is "unselfish" lol.

Also not sure they are saying he makes them worse, it's kind of a why fix what isn't broken thing. Carter has a history of attitude issues so this is definitely a risky move. I still think the Celtics are coming out of the East this year one last time, and would have last year if they were healthy.

But care to explain how Carter is unselfish? I'm not disputing that, but how are you claiming that? What has he done that is "unselfish" lol.

He doesn't try to be the "main guy". Even when he's on fire, he looks to pass to his teammates unlike other players who look for their own shot. He is too unselfish, imo which is why he can't be the number one option and will be better fitted for that secondary role which will be exactly his spot with the Magic.

If you want to see how unselfish he is, watch some of the Nets games from this past season and how he helped Devin Harris grow to become a great player.

He is the most unselfish star in the league probably ... After coming back from a rare injury 2 years ago, he offered to come off the bench and did so for the next couple games and hit the game winner in the game vs Phili coming off the bench. He is always willing to pass and hes been the 2nd leading scorer on his team the past 2 years ... he was heavily invovled in the development of Brook Lopez and Devin Harris last year and he got praise from the coaching staff and management for that.

If you do not watch VC on a night to night basis, I cant blame you for assuming his selfish. The media has a scouting report on Vince from 2003 .. injury prone, bad attitude and slefish .. and in 2003, it kinda was true. But hes been trapped in the swamp the past years and hes reall matured as a leader and as a player ... hes out of athletic prime but near the best hes been as a basketball player .... all around game.

He still has it too ... when Harris left with injury ... VC dropped 41 pts, 32pts then 29pts trying to keep the nets alive in the playoff race. And just as recently as a couple weeks ago, he played in a DC charity game and dropped 50+points .. and had several crazy plays including some 360s, windmills and amazing layups (thanks to SaadJ15 for that info)

maybe he's changed since a few years ago, but I'll always see him as a lazy player. He's my favourite player but he never seemed like he was giving it 100%.

hopefully your not using the TNT John Thomson interview as your source ... it was a severely edited interview

John Thompson, the current TNT analyst and the former Georgetown basketball coach who conducted the interview, said he felt people misinterpreted Carter's words. ''That boy never said to me, 'Coach, I just laid down and quit,' '' Thompson said in a telephone interview last week.''I was embarrassed and felt awful about it for his sake, because I knew what he was communicating to me. I think he was more expressing a desire of wanting to do better, as we all do.''

For those who play with Vince, watch vince and Net fans know ... Vince gave everything he had and more to new jersey and will not be welcomed home with childish booing like his old team. They will give him a standing O that he deserves.

So lets just say for this post that you are right --- vince is selfish --- vince is lazy --- vince is a quitter ---- so why in the world would the magic trade for him? are you saying Magic management didnt do their homework? are you saying Magic management are idiots for trading for this lazy lackluster "star" ? enlighten us please

Do you know what he did to the Raptors? He quit on us, he literally quit, he averaged 15 PPG for us, it forced us to trade him and pretty much made it impossible to get any value. Sure Vince is a different player since then, but I'm just saying what he seems like.

Magic traded for him because he is superior to Hedo in every way, will he be a better fit then Hedo? Only time will tell, that's why I consider it a gamble.

Sorry if ya'll caught feelings, I love VC, he is my favourite player, seems like you are all just getting mad because I asked for an example of how he wasn't lazy or a bad teammate. You gave me one that's all I asked, I didn't mean for a prick like Chili to come in here, I obviously DON'T follow VC anymore because he isn't on the Raptors anymore, but I love the way he plays and I consider him one of my favourite players. I literally said in my post I wasn't disputing your claims, I was just asking for you to show me an example because I didn't know.

Sorry Chili if I hurt your feelings about your potential 2010 season with Vince Carter. And I'm not here to "enlighten" anyone. But thanks again for that unneeded add on to what would have been a very good post.

For those who play with Vince, watch vince and Net fans know ... Vince gave everything he had and more to new jersey and will not be welcomed home with childish booing like his old team. They will give him a standing O that he deserves.

I don't think you even have a clue as to how ignorant a statement this is :lol:

Do you know what he did to the Raptors?

I have watched every single VC game since 2002-2003 so yes I am vaguely familiar with his TO history

He quit on us, he literally quit, he averaged 15 PPG for us, it forced us to trade him and pretty much made it impossible to get any value.

Literally quitting would be .... literally quitting .... he still went to the arena every night .. dont throw around that phrase in the future. I watched all of those last games a Raptor. I even went to one live in Portland. On the one hand, there is no excuses ... he did have a sour attitude as did most fans going into the 04-05 season ... but thats how it goes in the career of many stars ... Tmac did it in ORL .. Bdiddy did it in New Orleans ... KOBE BRYANT did it in LA and "literally quit" on the team in Game 7 of the 06 first round with 2 FGA in the 2nd half! Star players are grumpy and immature sometimes. Vince got the team off to a 3-0 start that year ... he hit the game winner vs Portland and the raps beat the champs too. Sam Mitchell KNEW that VC was on his way out ... why waste time playing a disgruntled star when management is looking to trade him? VC kept getting benched all the time during those 20 games which really hurt his PPG. He wanted to play a lot of time and even on one case ... he said no to Smitch and then immediately dunked vs the clippers and Jack Armstrong said "ahh keep him in there" He was smiling during the game vs San Antonio and cheering on the team while Mitchell benched him ... he was really not as fans remember ... it was just a bad circumstance of a star on his way out and the raptors playing their youth.

Sure Vince is a different player since then, but I'm just saying what he seems like.

so keep holding a grudge if you must but I have heard your opinion and now id appreciate it if you can see my perspective.

I obviously DON'T follow VC anymore because he isn't on the Raptors anymore

i couldnt tell ... haha

I don't think you even have a clue as to how ignorant a statement this is

I can say the same thing to you bro. talk to nets fans and talk to the rod thorn and talk to the higher ups ... for someone who admits that they "DONT FOLLOW VC ANYMORE" for you to say I am the one who is ignorant .. is ... ignorant haha

Saying it is childish to boo a player who quit your team and demanded a trade then basically implying you're fans are superior because they'll treat VC differently when he left under COMPLETELY different circumstances. That is not only stupid but also insulting. I don't know you, or any Magic fans in person for that matter, but I am pretty sure if VC did the same thing to you guys you'd boo him when he came back to your arena.

And how am I holding a grudge? Lol all I'm saying is what I see him as, you're treating my opinions/presumptions like I'm sitting here dropping facts.

Considering management did nothing to help him, I'd be pretty pissed too having to lead a bunch of scrubs year in and year out. I'm not sure about you, but if the best my team could do to help me is Voshon Lenard, then I'd want to leave as well. Max pretty much stated everything else.

Also as a side note, thanks for calling me a prick. :)

Saying it is childish to boo a player who quit your team and demanded a trade then basically implying you're fans are superior because they'll treat VC differently when he left under COMPLETELY different circumstances.

to continue to boo after 4+ years is a bit childish. after tmac left, they booed but pretty much stopped now. same with damon stoudamire. and the bibs they wear? and the signs they make? it is childish bro. but i guess well agree to disagree on that.

i personally enjoy it ... the booing has fueled vince to some of his best games of his career.

That is not only stupid but also insulting. I don't know you, or any Magic fans in person for that matter, but I am pretty sure if VC did the same thing to you guys you'd boo him when he came back to your arena.

no way to tell ... i mean ... vc did not like management and call him whatever you want but when he left, Babcock was fired and the entire team changed and they became relevant again ... both sides are better off.

and its clear I disagree with you because you say "he quit" and I think there is a lot more to that ... its not as simple as you put it.

And how am I holding a grudge?

he got traded in 2004 ... its 2009 ... and they keep booing everytime he touches the ball .. you and the fanbase are still holding that grudge haha

Lol all I'm saying is what I see him as, you're treating my opinions/presumptions like I'm sitting here dropping facts.

not sure what you mean but ... 2 fans just letting our opinions be known

Vince Carter isn't a quiter or injury prone as the labels of the past but he sure in the hell is a hard player to root for on your team. He can do the most amazing things possible but then other times you just have to question what in God's name he is doing. This is one of the most talented teams he has been on so maybe those mistakes won't be as frustrating as they were watching him in a Nets jersey but there is a large chance that it turns out worse than what many are expecting.

I don't think its Carter that makes the Magic better.

Before they Got Gortat back and got Brandon Bass I thought they got worse, but the addition of Bass and keeping Gortat + VC. OK Magic got a lil better.

Carter will probably get hurt watching TV anyways.

Edited by DWhiTex34

Before they Got Gortat back and got Brandon Bass I thought they got worse

no kidding! they were not done yet .. they had like 7 or 8 players under contract! They were a team looking for free agents

Carter will probably get hurt watching TV anyways.

Oh wait. now your previous statement makes sense ... keep talkin bro ... very smart statement :lol:

Edited by MaxaMillion711