Bosh "I didn't want to go there"

"I didn't want to go there," Bosh said. "It was different. All I knew was Vince Carter was there and I never saw him play on TV. It was a whole different country, and it was just different. I'm 19 years old, I didn't know anything about culture and being away from home. All I know is the States.

"Toronto's a great place, a fantastic city. It's a metropolitan area, but you could tell you're somewhere different. You could feel it, you could look at it, you can smell it. Everything. All your senses tell you you're somewhere different."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/25/v-fullstory/1745616/chris-bosh-goes-from-raptor-to.html#ixzz0uznJae3q

"That's why I struggled," Bosh said. "That's why I felt like crying after every tough loss. I look at everything like, `Why was this so hard?'

Very funny quotes. Pretty much shows he knows nothing about being a real basketball player as he admits to it being asked to work harder and how he felt like crying because it was so tough. Really? Superstars work the hardest out of everyone to make their team better. Pretty sad.

Yeah he shouldn't have said that. However, I doubt any of us would feel differently if we were in his position at that age. Still though, he shouldn't have said it.

Yeah I'd be pissed as a teenager making millions already living in a luxery condo.

:rolleyes:

Bosh went from a nice quiet classy guy to a full ego mind prick. I don't hate that he leaves toronto because of the obv reasons. But, he really needs to stop running his mouth. Everyone already things Toronto/Canada is a poop pit when really Toronto is a beautiful city and is pretty much a mini New York. Like [expletive], make the city and country look bad some more.

Yeah I'd be pissed as a teenager making millions already living in a luxery condo.

:rolleyes:

lmao yeah.. If someone said 'ok now move to Texas for the next 2-3 years and we'll give you $4-5 million dollars a year..' I would literally run to Texas.

Don't mind the first quote as I think that's what most people would say if they had to play in Toronto. It's gotta be tough being in a different country, and he did give the city of Toronto props. But the 2nd quote just makes him look horrible. You're a professional and got to be able to take the pressure of playing as a superstar, even if it's in a different country. He seemed to be diverting blame to the city rather than himself.

• Like 1

I disagree I don't think the 2nd quote makes him look bad at all, the thing is he is NOT a superstar. Therefore, he was an all star trying to carry a team. Look at the quote again btw he doesn't blame the city, he just says he cried because he could not carry the team, it was too hard.

You guys don't get it. He says it smelt and felt different, from what? I'm sure Dallas and Miami aren't the same yet he has no problem going there. He makes it seem like Toronto is like playing for Iraq.

"I had to work a lot, lot harder to succeed now because I was the focal point of the team," Bosh said.

What does he expect? You enter the NBA and you are drafted fourth?

I just really dislike Bosh and I do even care what he did to the Raptors but what he did to Jay Traino. The dude put in so much extra work with Bosh even when he became the head coach yet Bosh is running his mouth about the city yet in the next paragraph he talks about how his All-Star videos took off....if he was drafted by Sacramento or any other small team those videos would not have been noticed by an entire sports network and a nation.

Just seems like he wasn't thinking when he was talking.

Wow, stupid thing to say. Every NBA player is supposed to give 100% to his team even if his body is a 60%. Him admitting this is a very bad thing to admit.

Where does he say he doesn't give a 100%? and 90% of the guys don't give a 100% every night.

Well, I of course agree with Chris Bosh here no question about it because your living OUT of the United States and its totally a different time there from here (Canada from America). I mean, when you look at this, living in Toronto, Canada really does kind of of suck in my opinion by the time. Not being able to watch other teams being played when they are on broadcast television in the United States. Why should you have to wake up at about 5-6AM in the morning just to watch an NBA game? As a Raptor or any other NBA player you have totally better things to do than that in the morning. Having to deal with it for a couple of years until contract extension.

I believe that Chris Bosh feels very great living in the United States now, especially living in Miami where it is hot and nice. I'm just surprised on how he didn't complain while playing for the Raptors for awhile now.

Edited by Young&Reckless

Well, I of course agree with Chris Bosh here no question about it because your living OUT of the United States and its totally a different time there from here (Canada from America). I mean, when you look at this, living in Toronto, Canada really does kind of of suck in my opinion by the time. Not being able to watch other teams being played when they are on broadcast television in the United States. Why should you have to wake up at about 5-6AM in the morning just to watch an NBA game? As a Raptor or any other NBA player you have totally better things to do than that in the morning. Having to deal with it for a couple of years until contract extension.

I believe that Chris Bosh feels very great living in the United States now, especially living in Miami where it is hot and nice. I'm just surprised on how he didn't complain while playing for the Raptors for awhile now.

What do you mean 5-6am to watch a basketball game? Do you mean the highlights? If not..lmao.

They show basketball a good amount of basketball games there too...idk what you're talking about. That shouldn't even be a concern anyways...

Lastly, how does living in Canada suck? I'll assume you've never even been there so why are you even bringing that up? smh..

I don't think you fully understand how time zones work... 7:30pm start time for a Raptors game, means 7:30pm for the east coast, and 4:30 for the west.