"Jordan is the best ever. And there will never be another Jordan, or anyone better then him."

JYD

"Jordan is the best ever. And there will never be another Jordan, or anyone better then him."

I HATE when people say the bolded part above.

I was at my local park playin ball tonight, and we are having a discussion of the GOAT, and someone says that and like 3 people agree. I'm like, really, are you psychic? You know no one will ever be a better basketball then Michael Jordan? C'mon.

Nothing pisses me off more then that.

Has anyone else heard anyone say this? lol.

Kinda a rant thread, but really, wtf?!!??!

People are just set that MJ is the best of all time and no other player is on his level. The greatest player of all time can be playing right now, but no one will ever say that player is better than Jordan.

Every NBA player today has a difference to Michael Jordan, not better, not even close, or not as good. Others believe what they believe, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James is what people say but they could possibly be wrong or right. We all have different opinions here. No one is wrong or right.

Edited by Young&Reckless

If Kobe, D-Wade, and LeBron retired right now, and we would fast forward to the year 2015, the top 5 greatest players of all-time would go down as Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, D-Wade, Bird/Magic (in order). And in the future, there will be thousands of players better than MJ.

There will be players that are better than MJ, just like there were players that were better than Wilt/Russel/Magic/Bird/etc... However, the issue that all future players will have when being compared to MJ is his list of individual accolades, team accomplishments and the ability to change the game on a global level. It is going to be a near impossible feat for so many reasons, but eventually someone will come along and have a similar impact with possibly even more skill.

Jordan revolutionized the way the game was played. All the great players of today (Kobe, Wade, Lebron) modeled their game off of Jordan. He is the greatest player who ever lived. There is no way to tell if there will or will not be a player in the future who will surpass Jordan, but in our current era there are no players on his level. Kobe is the closest and still has a ways to go IMO (here's to hoping no Laker fan quotes and rants at me).

Jordan revolutionized the way the game was played. All the great players of today (Kobe, Wade, Lebron) modeled their game off of Jordan. He is the greatest player who ever lived. There is no way to tell if there will or will not be a player in the future who will surpass Jordan, but in our current era there are no players on his level. Kobe is the closest and still has a ways to go IMO (here's to hoping no Laker fan quotes and rants at me).

I agree with this for the most part.

But to say that no one will ever be as good as Michael Jordan or as revolutionary is kind of foolish. Eventually someone is going to come up and change the way the game is played...again.

Magic would've gone down as the greatest of all time if he didn't have to retire early. Kobe will go down as the greatest of all time when he's done playing. Players are getting faster, stronger, bigger, etc. it would be stupid for someone to say the NBA will never have a player better than Jordan because anything is possible.

Kobe will go down as the greatest of all time when he's done playing.

No, but he could be known as the second or 3rd greatest of all time.

Players are getting faster, stronger, bigger, etc. it would be stupid for someone to say the NBA will never have a player better than Jordan because anything is possible.

That's because the game has changed. No one is saying Jordan is the greatest AND would dominate anyone 1 on 1 today. Today, players weight lift and focus on getting bigger MUCH more than during most of the years of Jordan's career. You didn't need to be muscular and huge to be successful back then, it was more of a finesse game. If Jordan had been playing these days, he would have been in the gym just as much or more than the players of today. Basically, if Jordan were playing today, he would adapt his game to be successful (i.e getting bigger and stronger, how to penetrate consistently strong zone defenses, etc).

Jordan is the greatest of all time because of the way he redefined his game. Players today admit he is still the greatest, and so has Kobe. They admit they use parts of Jordan's game in their own game. Are some players of today more physically talented than Jordan? Maybe. But they are not dominating their generation the way he did.