Kevin Love vs OJ Mayo

Riot

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8416/kevinloveojmayo.jpg

Alright, when the Wolves traded Mayo for Love, everyone thought the Wolves got ripped off bad. But now after watching each player for two seasons, what do you guys think?

I'd rather have Love on the Magic. I think he'd fit beautifully next to Dwight. Good passer, great rebounder, and would allow us to move Rashard back to SF.

I think Love is the better player right now as well. I think this season, he will establish himself as one of the best rebounders in the league.

You don't win in the NBA unless you have a 2 guard who can put the ball in the hoop. Love is good for what he is, but I think Mayo is the better player and will have a superior career... look for him to bounce back after a mediocre year... hopefully they drop this PG nonsense.

• 4 months later...

Mayo's strength is also his weakness: selflessness. He is very selfless, there's no young player in this L that will say, "I'll do whatever it takes for the team to win, even if I come off the bench, even though I know I'm a legitimate starter, even though I know it's only my 3rd year and I should be concerned about my individual success/ stats, and worried about getting next contract/ extension."

What Mayo has done (in terms of sacrificing his individual game) is unbelievable considering he's young, considering he's sacrificing potential money for his reduced contribution for his team's success. Without Mayo's selflessness, without the guy that steps up to make the extra pass, the Grizzlies (consisting of me-me players like Randolph and Gay) would have fallen apart a long time ago.

Mayo might be the better player talent wise... but noone can deny Love's ability to pass and, especially, hunger to rebound.

Love's rebounding is what makes him special... I didn't see this coming. And he can shoot at high percentage medium-long range.

I preferred Mayo before but I have to say, my choice now is Love. I would love for a big guy who grabs rebounds, passes, and shoots as well as he does to be on the Nuggets.