Andray Blatche's Quest for a Triple Double

Everyone knows Blatche is a douche, as do us Wizards fans. I really hope he can stock up his value this season so we can trade him, I don't want that kind of selfish personality around Wall and Booker and our other young players.

Everyone knows Blatche is a douche, as do us Wizards fans. I really hope he can stock up his value this season so we can trade him, I don't want that kind of selfish personality around Wall and Booker and our other young players.

He's still young and has a lot to learn, I'm not going to give up on him that easily. He has a ton of potential and he has skill just like John Wall...the difference is his mentality and attitude. That's something that can be fixed.

He's still young and has a lot to learn, I'm not going to give up on him that easily. He has a ton of potential and he has skill just like John Wall...the difference is his mentality and attitude. That's something that can be fixed.

Quick, name three players whose mentality has been fixed and who went from being a total douche to being a productive winning player.

J.R. Smith doesn't qualify. He's still not a winning player. He's just not as immature as he used to be, and only played consistently well for a span following a period where he had to ponder over his life after killing his friend in a car accident.

Kobe also won't count as he went from a champion, to a spoiled narcissist, back to a champion when Phil and then Fisher reunited with him. If you've showed that you can be a championship-caliber performer, you can always find a way to return to it.

Go!

Edited by Erick Blasco

Quick, name three players whose mentality has been fixed and who went from being a total douche to being a productive winning player.

J.R. Smith doesn't qualify. He's still not a winning player. He's just not as immature as he used to be, and only played consistently well for a span following a period where he had to ponder over his life after killing his friend in a car accident.

Kobe also won't count as he went from a champion, to a spoiled narcissist, back to a champion when Phil and then Fisher reunited with him. If you've showed that you can be a championship-caliber performer, you can always find a way to return to it.

Go!

Stephen Jackson, Nate Robinson, Ron Artest.

And notice, it all happened after a change of scenery. Nate Robinson went from a player who played outside the offense, and turned out to be a damn productive player off the bench in Boston. Same goes to Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.

It's exactly what's happening in Washington. A new regime attempting to change the outlook of the team. The draft proves it. We went out and drafted hard working big man (outside of John Wall).

Blatche is already showing signs of maturing in a recent interview:

"I keep working hard and going through rehab," Blatche said recently. "I changed my diet, working harder. Eating right and drinking right. Before the foot injury, I was in the gym every day working, so my body could be ready for the 82 games. That's the main thing for me, my body. That's what I'm focusing on. Just rehabbing, taking it day by day, working out. Not trying to be lazy. So, I'm getting in the weight room."

Obviously talk is cheap, and it means nothing until he proves it in the regular season, but the offseason is for speculating, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

There's nothing wrong with optimism.

Stephen Jackson, Nate Robinson, Ron Artest.

And notice, it all happened after a change of scenery. Nate Robinson went from a player who played outside the offense, and turned out to be a damn productive player off the bench in Boston. Same goes to Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson.

It's exactly what's happening in Washington. A new regime attempting to change the outlook of the team. The draft proves it. We went out and drafted hard working big man (outside of John Wall).

Blatche is already showing signs of maturing in a recent interview:

Obviously talk is cheap, and it means nothing until he proves it in the regular season, but the offseason is for speculating, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

There's nothing wrong with optimism.

One out of three.

Ron Artest? Judges agree! Did some great things defensively for the Lakers, and wasn't as bad as people made him out to be on offense (though his playoff shooting was awful).

Stephen Jackson has been known to sell himself as a productive player until he can con ownership/coaching staffs into giving him a nice fat paycheck. He looked like a winning player in Golden State too until they paid him a nice juicy contract and he took the franchise hostage. Larry Brown isn't gullible, and the Bobcats don't have some random idiotic owner so Jackson hasn't been able to sabotage the Bobcats, but let's reserve judgment before calling Jackson a winning player.

Nate Robinson is still an immature player whose emotions get the best of him, yet can provide either a spark turning the tide of the game, or forced offense, turning the tide against the team he plays for. Several useful playoff games where his jumper was on and he made a few entry passes doesn't make him reliable, at least not yet.

Two more to go!

I will say that Blatche is saying the right things. But he has history against him. It's time to do the right things. I didn't say get triple doubles---Even Ricky Davis can almost do that---but the right things, and playing the right way.

Edited by Erick Blasco

One out of three.

Ron Artest? Judges agree! Did some great things defensively for the Lakers, and wasn't as bad as people made him out to be on offense (though his playoff shooting was awful).

Stephen Jackson has been known to sell himself as a productive player until he can con ownership/coaching staffs into giving him a nice fat paycheck. He looked like a winning player in Golden State too until they paid him a nice juicy contract and he took the franchise hostage. Larry Brown isn't gullible, and the Bobcats don't have some random idiotic owner so Jackson hasn't been able to sabotage the Bobcats, but let's reserve judgment before calling Jackson a winning player.

Nate Robinson is still an immature player whose emotions get the best of him, yet can provide either a spark turning the tide of the game, or forced offense, turning the tide against the team he plays for. Several useful playoff games where his jumper was on and he made a few entry passes doesn't make him reliable, at least not yet.

Two more to go!

I will say that Blatche is saying the right things. But he has history against him. It's time to do the right things. I didn't say get triple doubles---Even Ricky Davis can almost do that---but the right things, and playing the right way.

I'm not going to play your game because I fully understand where you're coming from. Obviously history is against Blatche, but he's only 23 years old, and entering a new phase in his career. I fail to see why he couldn't overcome these "odds" and become a useful player in this league.

I'm not going to play your game because I fully understand where you're coming from. Obviously history is against Blatche, but he's only 23 years old, and entering a new phase in his career. I fail to see why he couldn't overcome these "odds" and become a useful player in this league.

It's the same reason why Ricky Davis couldn't overcome the odds and become a useful player. Old habits die slowly. Blatche has every chance to have an epiphany and turn things around, but most players don't. You're a Wizards fan and he's talented, pull for him to change his ways. Just keep in the back of your mind that despite the numbers he'll put up (and he will produce numbers---the kid has skills), it won't mean all that much unless he can temper his ego and become part of a productive system.

Mentality and attitude aren't things that can just change so easily. Blatche has a better chance of developing a deadly 3 point shot than becoming mature. He has stated multiple times that he sees himself as an "underpaid star." Comments like that, along with gestures such as the triple double mishap show that he is, and will be for a long time, a child. Very talented, tons of potential, but that potential doesn't mean anything if he doesn't have the mentality to reach down within himself and find it.

Edited by JWaLL