1st Overall Pick

Big Penny

Which would you pick (read topic first)  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if you had the first overall pick in the draft, and had to pick between a Center and a Swingman would you pick:

The Center. He was 7"2 and weighed in at just under 310 lbs. He had no range at all outside of 8 feet, yet had outstanding footwork and was already one of the top low post scorers in the league. He was also a beast on the defensive end, with enough athleticism to be a phenomonal help defender, and was smart enough to play straight up man defense. If you picked this guy, there was a 95% chance he would become a 23 PPG, 12 RPG, 3 BPG monster.

or The Swingman. He was 6"7, and weighed around 220 lbs. He had a 42 inch vert, and was pretty quick for his height. He was a pretty good 3pt shooter, and an exceptional mid range shooter. He was a very strong man to man defender, and played the passing lanes quite well. He had very good finishing ability at the rim, although not on the level of guys like LeBron. If you picked this guy, there was a 95% chance he would become a 27 PPG, 6 RPG 5 APG monster.

which would you pick?

It really depends on the team. Of course my team could really use both though. :lol:

I'd probably go with the Center just because the Wizards lack size at the center spot.

lol

I think he means..which one would you rather build around.

You just don't pass up on a possibly dominant center over a swingman unless you are able to forecast the future.

Well the OP provided the stats those players would provide. Seems like it wouldn't be a unanimous choice to go with the center. It doesn't seem like the teams who have been winning the most are relying on a dominant center with the exception of Dwight Howard and the Magic.

For the Celtics, we would definitely need that Center. Put Perkins on the bench and have O'Neal on the bench also. With Sheed retired and Perkins out for 2 months we definitely would need him.

With Perkins and O'Neal you'd still want the center? Paul Pierce is your only good swingman and who knows how many more years he has left in the league. In your situation I'd take the swingman since your 2 and 3 are getting up in age and Perkins is still pretty young.

With Perkins and O'Neal you'd still want the center? Paul Pierce is your only good swingman and who knows how many more years he has left in the league. In your situation I'd take the swingman since your 2 and 3 are getting up in age and Perkins is still pretty young.

Well Perkin sis gonna be out for 2 months. O'Neal isn't that greatt so we need one. Short term, we need a Center. Long term, definitely a SF though.

Well Perkin sis gonna be out for 2 months. O'Neal isn't that greatt so we need one. Short term, we need a Center. Long term, definitely a SF though.

Well then you would draft the small forward since top rookie prospects are usually drafted for long term use. O'Neal is your temporary fill in for Perkins until he is healthy so drafting the small forward would be a wise decision.

If the Raptors had the first pick they could use a swingman or a big man. Because they are both very useful for the team. But I think the Raptors this season coming need a good center that could rebound, score and play defense while Bosh is having fun in South Beach