Vince Carter Happy to be Back Home

Teletopez

At the time, he was on the floor and personally instructing some high school kids on the finer points of the pick-and-roll. Then, after taking a brief phone call, he raised his hands over his head and screamed like a sudden lottery winner.

He weaved through the throng of curious, stunned campers and sprinted out the door of the gym on Sand Lake Road and into the parking lot.

Vince Carter had just found out he had been traded to the Magic.

"Vince runs out of the gym screaming ... screams of joy," said Charles Klask, the Magic's scouting information manager who had come to know Carter after working the Nike Vince Carter Skills Academy. "I thought at first Vince had turned his ankle or something. Then somebody said he had been traded to Orlando. He finally came back to center court.

"He was like a little kid on Christmas morning. He was so happy he was getting a chance at this stage of his career."

Link

Vince Carter Press Conference: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jpmg23

Edited by Waldo

I'm stunned that we addressed the go-to offensive problems that were going to be created with Hedo's departure so quickly. I'm even happier that we gave away only Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston (and Tonie Battie, but does he even matter?) for Carter, and also got Ryan Anderson, who I absolutely loved, coming out of last year's Draft. It was a great trade for us!

At first I didnt like this trade but now I do. I thought losing Hedo would be bad but I think they can afford it. Hedo was running the offense at the point because Jameer was hurt, now with Jameer healthy he can run the offense and Vince can be a slasher and scorer with Dwight in the paint. It also opens up the SF position for Shard in case they want to get Sheed which I think they should.

At first I didnt like this trade but now I do. I thought losing Hedo would be bad but I think they can afford it. Hedo was running the offense at the point because Jameer was hurt, now with Jameer healthy he can run the offense and Vince can be a slasher and scorer with Dwight in the paint. It also opens up the SF position for Shard in case they want to get Sheed which I think they should.

VC has a great handle too, I'm sure he can run the offense as well or as much as Hedo did. As a Carter fan I'm happy to see him get a chance at a ring, hopefully he can realize he ISN'T the man anymore, he has to sacrifice his shots and work the ball around. It's really time to see if Vince is a career loser like many have pegged him as, because this is his best chance to win a ring in his entire career. Hopefully he can buy into the system in Orlando, if Raptors are struggling I know who I'll be cheering for.

Orlando got VC for a couple KFC Chicken wings, Nets are showing why they are a joke to the state of NJ. And to whoever thinks the Nets moving to Brooklyn is gonna get them LeBron James, they are living in fantasy land, because he's staying in Cleveland.

VC has a great handle too, I'm sure he can run the offense as well or as much as Hedo did. As a Carter fan I'm happy to see him get a chance at a ring, hopefully he can realize he ISN'T the man anymore, he has to sacrifice his shots and work the ball around. It's really time to see if Vince is a career loser like many have pegged him as, because this is his best chance to win a ring in his entire career. Hopefully he can buy into the system in Orlando, if Raptors are struggling I know who I'll be cheering for.

A Raptors fan that doesn't hate Carter? :(

Orlando got VC for a couple KFC Chicken wings, Nets are showing why they are a joke to the state of NJ. And to whoever thinks the Nets moving to Brooklyn is gonna get them LeBron James, they are living in fantasy land, because he's staying in Cleveland.

The Nets are a joke because they traded for a future? .. Vince has a fat contract which pushes Orlando insanely over the top in terms of cap space. It was a business move by the Nets, we did this to secure a bright future and free up money. I don't see how they are a joke.. seriously when a team trades for a 37 year old to magically 'fix' their problems in terms of defending the best big man in the league today; Dwight Howard then they are the joke.

1) Thorn and Kiki are not newbies, they have had a purpose for all their moves.

2) Who ever said this is about LeBron? Are you aware that we have a new arena being built and are in severe financial trouble? And are you aware that 2010 means more than LeBron?

3) Are you aware of VC's age and contract? Are you aware of Courtney Lee's young age and reasonable contract?

4) Are you aware that Harris and Dooling have had health problems, and should there be injuries, Alston, who's been a starter for Orlando and Houston, will be there to help? Last year, Carter was our PG when both those guys were injured.

5) We just added three players who just made it to the Finals to a group of guys with limited experience.

6) If Boone isn't the backup center we want him to be, we have Battie.

This is not some blind salary dump. The Nets had more than one reason for this deal going down.

Edited by Waldo

i case u havnt heard there is other players not named lebron in 2010

LMAO. That was a good one. <_<

You're acting like that was the trade.

VC and Ryan Anderson > Alston, Lee, Battie

Alston would've been a nice backup, but we may have avoided potential PG drama by trading him.

Not to mention that VC helps us in the 2010 offseason since $18 million will come off the books.

Plus, no way is Alston, Lee, and Battie better. Battie is a chucker, Alston would be making way too much with a backup and butted heads with Van Gundy in the playoffs. Lee is sickness and it sucks to see him go but Carter is clearly the better player. No doubt we're a better team because of the deal and it worked for both sides since they were rebuilding.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention that VC helps us in the 2010 offseason since $18 million will come off the books.

Plus, no way is Alston, Lee, and Battie better. Battie is a chucker, Alston would be making way too much with a backup and butted heads with Van Gundy in the playoffs. Lee is sickness and it sucks to see him go but Carter is clearly the better player. No doubt we're a better team because of the deal and it worked for both sides since they were rebuilding.

Right on, right on...