Where will Shaq's jersey be retired?

Lkr

I think it's pretty obvious it will be retired in LA, but what about Miami, or even Orlando? He took Orlando to the finals for the first time and is the greatest player in the history of their franchise. He helped Miami win a title, and put up some good numbers(although he did struggle with many single digit point games in the finals). Of course his ego and laziness ruined his reputation in all of his stops, but he is still the most dominant player of this generation by far. There was a time where I would yell when the Lakers didn't toss him the ball.

Rick Fox was a Celtic and he was honored before a Lakers game once. Who cares what Shaq does now, he doesn't contribute much.

Rick Fox was a Celtic before he helped the Lakers win 3 titles, and he was DRAFTED by the Celtics.

Not to mention how Shaq bad mouthed Kobe and the entire franchise, Shaq does not belong in the Laker rafters.

Like him or not, Shaq's jersey belongs in the rafters at Staples. He's amended his relationship with Kobe, and he was a huge part (pun intended) of our first 3-peat. Shaq's washed up now, but when he was with us he was in the prime of his career.

It will most certainly get retired in LA. He was a top 10 all-time player with LA, won an MVP and led them to a three-peat. And even though he didn't leave on the greatest terms, he still helped LA acquire some very good players (including Butler who got them Kwame who got them Gasol).

Orlando? Probably. Miami? No.

i can't believe how many people are so sure it will get retired in LA. sure, he deserves to, but Buss hates the man

Yeah. Laker fans are still not supportive of the man and joining the Celtics only makes it worse. As long as the Buss family is around, not happening. As long as Kobe is around, not happening.

Los Angeles, because he achieved the most there. Helped LA win 3 championships. I could also see it being retired in Orlando someday. Due to the fact that he was the original franchise player here, and helped us get to the Finals while we were still a very young franchise.

L.A. without a doubt. I don't see anywhere else where he had the achievements that he got with the Lakers.

I don't think so. If he does get his jersey retired, it'll be a time when Dr. Jerry Buss is dead or long gone. Shaq's separation, combined with the bad-mouthing and all the stupid comments he has made against the Lakers is too hard to tolerate. His joining the Celtics made it more clear the the Lakers will not retire his jersey at all. it's like the final blow to sever Shaww's ties to the Lakers.

I love what you did Shaq, but you just [expletive]ed it up for everyone.

Rick Fox was a Celtic before he helped the Lakers win 3 titles, and he was DRAFTED by the Celtics.

Not to mention how Shaq bad mouthed Kobe and the entire franchise, Shaq does not belong in the Laker rafters.

If it weren't LA wouldn't be where they are right now, as well as Kobe. If it weren't Shaq Kobe would only have two rings right now.And LA would have 13 championships.

So what you said it completely foolish.

If it weren't LA wouldn't be where they are right now, as well as Kobe. If it weren't Shaq Kobe would only have two rings right now.And LA would have 13 championships.

So what you said it completely foolish.

thats not even certain cus if they didnt have shaq they might neva gotten pau.

Lakers fans are spoiled with all the championships that they dont realize all the stuff Shaq did for them. He was a huge part of the 3 peat team. So what if hes a celtic now? He put his prime years in LA. Other teams would have killed to get Shaq during that time.

you just don't get it do you. when Shaq left L.A., he talked [expletive] about the whole city. he called the whole fanbase fake, and he talked major [expletive] about Dr. Buss, the owner of the franchise. that is why he probably won't get his jersey retired. get a clue before you go calling out a whole fanbase

you just don't get it do you. when Shaq left L.A., he talked [expletive] about the whole city. he called the whole fanbase fake, and he talked major [expletive] about Dr. Buss, the owner of the franchise. that is why he probably won't get his jersey retired. get a clue before you go calling out a whole fanbase

Talk is talk, bottom line is that you have 3 championships because of his part on the team. and dont give me any [expletive] like its not worth it or you could have dont it without him. Who cares what he said, a 3 peat is huge and doesnt happen often and you have him to thank for it. He could have been on another team winning championships but he was in LA and the fans who trash him now were celebrating then.

Buss will be dead by the time Shaq retires. His son doesn't know anything about basketball, so your reasons won't be a drawback