May Thinks He's A Good Fit For Portland

The Trail Blazers worked out free-agent forward Sean May on Tuesday at a UNLV campus practice court.

May plans to work out for the Blazers, Kings, Clippers and Cavaliers by the time the week is over.

Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard said that the 6-foot-9 forward "did a nice job" during the workout.

Pritchard added that May shouldn't be viewed as a fallback plan in the event the Blazers miss out on Paul Millsap.

"Don't read anything into that," he said. "We just want to take a look at a lot of guys. That's what summer league's for; that's what the summer's about. Nate and I have always wanted to take a look at as many guys as we can."

May, meanwhile, believes that Portland would be a good fit.

"Both workouts went really well," he said. "Portland was really good and I like their staff a lot. I think they like me. I think they can see it fitting. Right now, I'm fighting for my career, to get my career back on track. I think they notice that. I'm in the best shape of my life. I feel great, I move great, the workout went well and I shot the ball well. I think they like that."

Via Oregonian

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60596/20090715/may_thinks_hes_a_good_fit_for_portland/

I've always liked May, mainly during his college days when he was a good player. I've always felt bad for the guy because he had so much potential to be a pretty good start (not an all star but a good starter) and he just got plauged with injuries. I wouldn't mind May here in Portland, but obviously I'd rather have Milsap.

I've always liked May, mainly during his college days when he was a good player. I've always felt bad for the guy because he had so much potential to be a pretty good start (not an all star but a good starter) and he just got plauged with injuries. I wouldn't mind May here in Portland, but obviously I'd rather have Milsap.

why did we get rid of Frye (long range shooting big man) and now ponder picking up May (long range shooting big man) ... It just doesnt make sense ... Id rather have kept frye then