Which player do you want to see succeed this coming season?

Warren2ThaG

As a fan of the blocked shot I am going to say Oden. The Blazers have a really nice young roster and Greg Oden maybe the final piece so that all this talent doesn't go to waste. Besides, I really wanna see the Lakers catch hell with them in the Pacific. I'm tired of overpaid NBA busts and it's really time for Oden to shake this off. Hopefully he can get his game together and start an NBA rival with J. Noah, if not pay him back for the NCAA embarrassment.

Edited by crabbylion

PGs:

Shaun Livingston - Charlotte is a great situation for him. He's the kind of player that Larry Brown loves.

Raymond Felton - He's moving to an uptempo system, where D'Antoni will finally have a real point guard to run his system.

Mario Chalmers - Playing alongside LeBron, Wade, and Bosh could do wonders for him.

Louis Williams - He has improved every year since he came into the league.

Brandon Jennings - He had a great rookie year despite low shooting percentages. There's a good chance he'll pick that up next year.

SGs:

JJ Redick - He had a great showing in his contract year, and played very efficiently whenever VC got hurt. As Carter ages, JJ's minutes will increase.

DeMar DeRozan - Kid's got work ethic. With Bosh out of the way, he'll get his.

Rodrigue Beaubois - He averaged monster numbers per 36 minutes last year. There is a high chance he'll start at the 2 next year.

Gilbert Arenas - This guy has been getting a lot of hate, but I expect a strong comeback year from him. It depends how well he meshes with Wall.

Raja Bell - One of several injured players trying to make a comeback. He has the chance to gain a starting role over in Utah.

SFs:

Dorell Wright - A great situation for him in the right system. His numbers will go way up.

Terrence Williams - He got better and better last season. He should continue to improve throughout next season.

Hedo Turkoglu - From a bad organization to a good one. We should see his game take a direct affect.

Danilo Gallinari - Having Amar'e in the paint as well as a better PG, the shooter will definitely get his looks.

Donte Greene - I'm unsure about this pick, but the potential is there. The Kings don't have a star SF, so the opportunity is there as well.

Nicolas Batum - The kid can play. A full year of health with expose his talents, especially if the Blazers have playoff success.

Corey Maggette - Though his stats won't have any significant increase, his reputation will.

PFs:

Michael Beasley - This talented player will finally have the green light in Minnesota.

Blake Griffin - Number 1 overall pick is back from injury.

Hakim Warrick - Right player for the right system.

Andray Blatche - Sure he's immature, but you can't deny the talent. He'll have a full year of the starting position and the green light.

J.J. Hickson - He was a starter for most of last year. We should see his role continue to increase and his skills to continue to develop.

Al Jefferson - Like Maggette, he won't gain much higher numbers, but his reputation will increase from playing with a better team under a better coach.

Cs:

Greg Oden - He played well when he was healthy. Let's hope for a full year out of him.

Darko Milicic - With promised playing time, he has all the opportunity in the world.

Andrea Bargnani - Bosh is out. Will Bargs step in?

Roy Hibbert - Size, skill, and willingness to improve.

Tiago Splitter - I heard a lot of good things about him. He's playing under a great coach too.

Marresse Speights - With Dalembert gone, doors are opening up for him.

JaVale McGee - A full year of starting with consistent playing time, we will see some increase in his numbers.

Yao Ming - Who doesn't want to see this guy succeed in his comeback year?

Edit: I added JaVale McGee, Yao Ming, Marresse Speights, JJ Hickson, Al Jefferson, Nicolas Batum, Corey Maggette, and Raja Bell.

I'll quote this later and see which ones I'm right about, and which ones failed.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

The Suns organization is just as bad as the Raptors, if not worse.... lol...

ORLY.............. olololololololololl...................

Raptors Success since the 1995-96 season

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture25-1.png

Suns Success since the 1995-96season

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture26-1.png

So let's see... the Suns only missed the playoffs only 3 times since 1995 (and 3 times since 1988), and the Raptors missed.... 10 times.

Yea, the Suns are definately equal, if not worse.....ololololoool....

Run Joe Johnson out of town.

Run Marion out of town.

Run Amare out of town.

Consistently reluctant to go deep into the lux tax to win.

Wouldn't give Kerr a raise after their WCF run, which is why he quit.

Not every franchise has a Steve Nash to ensure close to 50 wins every year. This is one of the stingiest franchises in the league, they let a top big man leave in favor of acquiring Hedo for 10M, Frye for like 6 and Warrick for like 4.... you can do everything right and still not have success, just like you can do so many things wrong and still manage to achieve some success.

None of that matters. The best way to measure the quality of an organization is by their success. The fact is the Suns manage to win every year AND stay under the luxury tax. The Raptors haven't managed to be a consistent winning team since they came into the league. There is no room left to argue.

T-Mac. Hopefully he can play well enough this year to show contenders he can still positively contribute. Even though the reason many teams passed on him because of his attitude, I think some of the fringe contenders also passed because they don't know if he has anything left in the tank.

Rashard Lewis

True that bro. Also VC, I really hope he plays more efficiently this year after his ups and downs last year. Also hope to see Redick improve, and Ryan Anderson who has been quietly working hard this off season after seeing the contracts JJ and March have gotten.

Also, Oden and Blake Griffin, really hope those guys can play 75+ games this year.